Widgets Magazine

Thread: Davenport Lofts - Brady District

Default Davenport Lofts - Brady District

Giving this project it's own thread because I feel it deserves it.
    It's being developed in an increasingly "happening" part of downtown and will continue to add to the number of housing and apartment units being built in and immediately around downtown Tulsa.
    The only thing is construction is listed to start in 2016, so, possibly premature, but only time will tell.

Bolded all important information.

Story and pictures below:

Downtown Loft Development Considered 'Phase 3' For Brady

Meagan Farley, News On 6
    TULSA, Oklahoma -

"A downtown development concept that's been talked about by two local couples for years now is moving forward.

What's an empty plot of land now will soon become 20 condos for purchase called the Davenport Lofts. Some are calling it the begging for Phase 3 of Brady development.

The developers are feeling the shift from Suburban to Urban living and getting in on the ground up.

Many developers see it as the next area to be revitalized in the Brady, but for Lori Schram and her business partners, it's a vision turned reality, and it is all showcased in their new office in the heart of the Brady District.

"As Main moves up towards Cain's Ballroom, and Cain's isn't going anywhere, this made sense for us,” she said.

The empty lot will soon house Davenport Lofts - more than 20 units with dens or offices, patios, secured parking and rooftop gathering spaces.

But they aren't going to be rental units. Instead, their target customer is people just like Schram and her husband, who want to own property downtown.

"There are a lot of people like us that say, 'Gosh we really want to re-engage and having a big house is not necessary,'" she said.

Consultant Marvin Shirley has been heavily involved in the Brady Revitalization over the last 10 years.

“Just to see our first for sale product, that is an evolution," he said.

But some might question a location next to music venues and surrounded by so many empty lots.

“There are a lot of plans for these open properties that currently exists,” Shirley said. “Nothing that can be revealed at this point in time."

While we wait for those details to develop, the Davenport is all about hearing from potential buyers about exactly what they are looking for before even breaking ground.

"Instead of building it and hoping they come, we are asking people and going to customize and hopefully we will have exactly the mix of people and what they want," Schram said.

The units will start around $450,000 - that is in the middle of the other two more recent to buy properties, like Urban 8 and 100 Boulder.

4/22/2015 Related Story: Pricey Downtown Living Developments Targeting Empty-Nesters

If all goes as planned construction on the Davenport is set to begin in 2016."

DvLofts1.jpg

Downtown Loft Development Considered 'Phase 3' For Brady - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

Default Re: Davenport Lofts - Brady District

Wow. Very nice. The Brady District has so much urban potential and already is a great district.

The Brady is really starting to lay down some awesome, what I would term "fabric" (not to be confused with our typical term used for actual downtown buildings). There's an energy forming there that is really setting it apart from what I think is any other district in Tulsa, Blue Dome included.
    More and more of these infill projects will continue to pop up as the population in the area continues to increase, as noted in bold in the story above. And as you stated, it already has a nice portfolio of offerings, from housing, entertainment, and food.

I don't mean to bring up the rivalry in this thread about an awesome development, which Tulsa is starting to have a lot of, but more than a few of my Tulsa friends will swear that Brady is "like way above" Deep Deuce.

Could they even be remotely similar? I could see it having more character because it also doubles as their Bricktown with Cain's and Brady Theater. Deep Deuce however is totally built-out with a few thousand dwelling units where there used to be parking and vacant lots..

Hm... I've only been through Deep Deuce probably twice in the last 5 or so years and most of that was either driving through and looking at the apartment projects years ago, or only walking into the "outer edge" that is closest to Bricktown. So, I am very cautious when I say I simply haven't seen enough of the Deep Deuce to talk about it from an in depth perspective.

What I can say is that Brady has music venues, an increasing menu of eateries, and obviously the Guthrie Green, which has proven to be a spectacular hot spot for locals and visitors, a nice little urban park for a variety of events. Obviously you know about most of this so I'll spare detail.
    Whereas the Deep Deuce may actually be a more enveloped neighborhood (right now) with greater housing options. I think, from what I know, the Brady offers a little more in the way of entertainment.

Perhaps we can get some more varied opinions and thoughts going here.

Thread Information