Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones Assembly

1. Default Re: Jones Assembly

Going for dinner next Wednesday, can't wait. The fact that they're able to throw the PG party tonight and turn around and have grand opening tomorrow is really impressive (barring it goes well) and speaks well to how this will go going forward.

2. Default Re: Jones Assembly

Must have been one heck of a party for PG13 last night... I noticed one of the pedestrian crossing signs they had put up on Main had been mowed down when I came to work this morning.

Default Re: Jones Assembly

Went to lunch here today. Place has a great feel to it, very unique. I was looking forward to trying the Nashville Hot Chicken dish, but they do not serve this at lunch. I settled for the Cacio e Pepe and it was delicious. We tried the Fried Okra as an appetizer and it was very very good, but the portion size was oddly small. Another thing was, it took about an hour and 20 minutes for a table of 4 at lunch. I didn't mind waiting, but it will be hard for the business crowd to get in there to eat lunch if it takes that long.

This place is going to be a hit regardless. Also, Sam Bradford was eating there today and sat right next to us.

Jones just tweeted that the entire outdoor patio and upstairs bar is open seating with bar service only.

I suspect that may be different for weekend brunch and will try to find out.

5. Default Re: Jones Assembly

I also saw that they have a "breaks and fluids" menu in between lunch and dinner (2-5:30/6?), in case people are hoping to go for a late lunch.

Spent a wonderful evening at the Jones last night and learned a few things:

1. The patio area and upstairs bar (T Room) are open seating and bar service (no food). Not sure if you can reserve outdoor seating for weekend brunch.
    2. The restaurant seating inside requires an advance reservation.
    3. The main downstairs bar is first-come, first serve and you can order food there.
    4. Same as #3 for the lounge area (2nd photo below) between the downstairs bar and the main dining room.
    5. There is a small, limited bar in the NW corner of the patio (canned beer, soft drinks).
    6. You can access the downstairs bar to order drinks directly from the patio (there is a large overhead door that opens).
    7. This place is already an absolute sensation.

Arrived around 6PM with the idea of just sitting out on the large patio and having some drinks.

The downtstairs bar and and lounge were completely full and it was clear they were booked solid for dinner reservations. They had a live musician on the outdoor stage who played until around 7 or so and he was damn good.

Even though the place was busy, it was super easy to get drinks by going to the bar via the outdoor patio. The bartenders were fantastic.

With their misting system, even on a very warm and humid night it was quite comfortable on the patio, especially if you sat at one of the tables directly below one of the misters. They had the overhead doors open to the dining room and the inside was pleasant. Not sure how they accomplish this but zero bugs inside and out.

We stayed until about 11 and enjoyed it thoroughly. Saw tons of people I knew and of course everyone was pretty gaga over the place. When we left at 11, the line at the outdoor bar was several deep and almost every seat was taken in that huge outdoor space. Even still, the place felt alive but not crowded.

They do a really nice job of filling the place with sound but not overwhelming the environment. Such an interesting blend of what is pretty elevated dining and then a huge bar scene. I have to say, I loved the crowd there and I hope they can keep that balance of serving tons of people without attracting the douchey crowd.

I will also say their bar prices (and food prices for that matter) seem quite reasonable, especially given the setting and quality.

As I said, this place is already an absolute sensation and (dare I say it) a game-changer for OKC. I will be taking all my out of town guest here to impress.

Something else...

They have an absolute army working there.

You can see directly into the kitchen from the patio and I counted at least 20 people in there. There were 4-5 young ladies just working the hostess area. About the same number of valet parkers.

Behind the downstairs bar there were about a half dozen bartenders. And of course, load and loads of wait staff and bussers.

And considering it was only their second day open and there were hundreds of patrons, all seemed to go pretty darn smoothly and everyone was enjoying themselves.

I'm sure there are still kinks to work out but given the scale, that operation is already impressive as hell.

^^^^^ About time (and so nice to hear) that someone knows how to open a restaurant correctly in OKC. Maybe other places will talk to the Jones folks about how to do it in the future so their openings aren't painful for the first month or two...

9. Default Re: Jones Assembly

If anyone has ever paid attention to the kictchen and service efficiency at a Fuzzy's or T-Delph they wouldn't be entirely shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    ^^^^^ About time (and so nice to hear) that someone knows how to open a restaurant correctly in OKC. Maybe other places will talk to the Jones folks about how to do it in the future so their openings aren't painful for the first month or two...
    To be fair, the Jones had weeks of soft elaborate soft openings and were able to bring on their chef and most their key staff long before opening. Both of those are massive expenses.

They have an absolute war chest of money behind them, which is apparent the second you step into the place.

Not really a fair standard to judge others by.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    To be fair, the Jones had weeks of soft elaborate soft openings and were able to bring on their chef and most their key staff long before opening. Both of those are massive expenses.

They have an absolute war chest of money behind them, which is apparent the second you step into the place.

Some of their key staff were moved and relocated to Oklahoma a year ago.

I'm in love with this place for sure. Spent 5+ hours there Friday night for drinks, and then somehow "accidently" ended up there Saturday morning for brunch as well. The food was amazing, as I had the Avocado toast and Biscuits n Gravy...and both were on par/better then any I had ever had anywhere else. Plus, I grabbed a Pistachio Mocha...and it was crazy good. This place is a HOMERUN in every imaginable measurable way. Also grabbed tickets to Willie on Nov. 22nd

I really like that phrase

What is the attire like for dinner here?

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    What is the attire like for dinner here?
    Casual.

Lots of people in shorts.

Casual.

Lots of people in shorts.
    Thanks

17. Default Re: Jones Assembly

cut/copy announced (again) for October 5th.

Going to dinner there tonight, really looking forward to it.

18. Default Re: Jones Assembly

I had been for drinks Friday night, but was finally able to come in for dinner tonight. Like everyone else has said before this is immediately one of, if not the, place to take people to in OKC. Their huge run of soft openings obviously helped the start smoothly from day 1, and tonight there were no hiccups at all.

I had the scallops and tried some the pizza, both were really great... Cocktails were all great too. Our server knew the menu well and was very good.... Impressive that they were able to get a good staff in this saturated market.

We had a reservation, but you can eat at the bar. For a small group it wouldn't be hard on a weekday to walk on and get a seat quickly. Already have lunch plans there on Friday as there are still a lot of things on the menu I want to try.

I'll be in town very briefly on the night of Jul 26, I might stop by this place. It looks amazing.

Sorry I might have missed it, but why aren't they taking reservations on Mondays?

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    Sorry I might have missed it, but why aren't they taking reservations on Mondays?
    Pretty sure they're closed on Mondays

22. Default Re: Jones Assembly

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    Closed Monday

Yeah, they obviously pulled an audible because they originally said they would be open 7 days a week, but you can bet after a huge weekend they decided they needed a break on Mondays.

Wouldn't be surprised if that changes again down the line.

Was at FlashBack last night and you could see that even on a Wednesday, Jones was jamming.

24. Default Re: Jones Assembly

This place is just so big. I believe you can only order food at the downstairs bar and dining area. This leaves the room upstairs and the massive outdoor area. The food prices are all very reasonable too, everything is under $30.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    This place is just so big. I believe you can only order food at the downstairs bar and dining area. This leaves the room upstairs and the massive outdoor area. The food prices are all very reasonable too, everything is under $30.
    You can also order food in the lounge between the main bar downstairs and the dining room.

Both the bar and lounge are on first-come, first-serve basis.

Dining room is reservation only.

Outside patio and upstairs 'T Room' is bar service only. T Room opens at 4PM.

Thread Information