Widgets Magazine
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 171819202122
Results 526 to 534 of 534

Thread: Jones Assembly

  1. #526

    Default Re: Jones Assembly

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Anyone know if they have the roof on the patio fixed?

    Have a patio show Thursday night and it it looks to be wet and cold.
    Not yet but was told it is still in the plans, attempting to accommodate the existing trees.

  2. Default Re: Jones Assembly

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Not yet but was told it is still in the plans, attempting to accommodate the existing trees.
    So I probably better take my rain gear for this one.

  3. Default Re: Jones Assembly

    Completely baffles me how it's been open for over two years, but no roof yet.

  4. #529

    Default Re: Jones Assembly

    A roof was never part of the original plan.

    Only after the patio became such a big deal did they start to consider how to make it fully weather-proof.

    As it is, they have greater heaters and misting units and lots of the seating areas are covered.

  5. Default Re: Jones Assembly

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    A roof was never part of the original plan.

    Only after the patio became such a big deal did they start to consider how to make it fully weather-proof.

    As it is, they have greater heaters and misting units and lots of the seating areas are covered.
    Did not know that about the original open-ness, makes a bit more sense there's not a roof now. Still think they should just take the trees out (replace with something smaller) or prune them and put a regular roof in, because allowing for trees to grow "through" the roof is just unnecessary complication/expenditure/future maintenance.

  6. #531

    Default Re: Jones Assembly

    ^

    They considered all of that and have decided to spend extra money and work around the trees. They are pretty great.

  7. Default Re: Jones Assembly

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

    They considered all of that and have decided to spend extra money and work around the trees. They are pretty great.
    Yeah, they're nice, and maybe I'm a bit biased because we've spent 3 years now pulling out and replacing plants/trees that the previous owners planted at our house that are either invasive, or just aren't sustainable or viable, so my trigger finger on trees is a bit itchy now. However, I'd still bet that maintenance-wise, the roof built around the trees will be more work than they're expecting in the future, with more moving parts that can break down and cause problems. Owning a home has made me realize that the simpler the solution, the better...

  8. Default Re: Jones Assembly

    Well this is great news.... They moved the Thursday night Lucero show to The Yale Theater.... So now I get to see the remodel. Last time I was in the Yale was about 20 years ago for a Mid-South Wrestling show.

  9. #534

    Default Re: Jones Assembly

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Well this is great news.... They moved the Thursday night Lucero show to The Yale Theater.... So now I get to see the remodel. Last time I was in the Yale was about 20 years ago for a Mid-South Wrestling show.
    That's awesome for Capitol Hill. The renovated Yale is impressive and I'm glad more people will get to see it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. BOK Park Plaza
    By Pete in forum Development & Buildings
    Replies: 3319
    Last Post: 10-28-2019, 08:37 AM
  2. 4 E. Sheridan
    By Pete in forum Development & Buildings
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-05-2016, 08:56 AM
  3. 800 W. Sheridan
    By Pete in forum Development & Buildings
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-25-2015, 09:01 AM
  4. 712 W Sheridan
    By Pete in forum Development & Buildings
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-02-2014, 01:02 PM
  5. 624 W. Sheridan
    By Pete in forum Development & Buildings
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-05-2014, 05:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO