Widgets Magazine

Thread: Cheap wedding venues

Default Cheap wedding venues

Does anyone have any experience with some nice, but relatively inexpensive wedding reception venues. Preferably including food and DJ...OR reasonable caterers for food and DJ's since we may get them separate if they are not all inclusive with the reception.
    Thanks for any help!!

Default Re: Cheap wedding venues

This was about 3 years ago, but the Oklahoma History Center charged us 2700 for their main area plus the west wing. We were able to seat 450 guests in there. They don't do their own catering but we used Ned's Catering, and they've done a lot of work at the OHC. The food was outstanding and Ned's crew did an amazing job. I think it ended up being around $25/head, give or take a couple of dollars, which was a pretty nice seated dinner. It included salad, a piece of salmon AND steak for each guest. Rolls too, which theirs are amazing. Not sure what kind of money you were wanting to spend, but we had an amazing reception with this setup.

Blog Entries

Have been to events Ned's has done and I agree they do a nice job!

We went to an Art facility on about 13th and Penn I think. It was on the east side of the street. It holds about 50 - 70 fairly comfortable. We brought our own reception equipment, the tables and chairs were provided. I know it cost about a grand for 3 hours, which was plenty of time. It turned out very nice. I don't remember the name of the place, but it had a glass blowing setup in the back room. Turned out great for a smaller reception.

I don't know what the Farmer's market charges but there's room to have the ceremony and reception all on one floor.

Blue Sage Studio. . .lovely venue!!

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    I don't know what the Farmer's market charges but there's room to have the ceremony and reception all on one floor.
    Yeah we've attended several events here before and think it's a really cool venue. Pretty sure it can accommodate a very, very large wedding as well. Something like 700-800, I believe. However, it was more expensive than the OHC, and that's why we stayed away. Can't remember the price, but seemed like it was quite a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    We went to an Art facility on about 13th and Penn I think. It was on the east side of the street. It holds about 50 - 70 fairly comfortable. We brought our own reception equipment, the tables and chairs were provided. I know it cost about a grand for 3 hours, which was plenty of time. It turned out very nice. I don't remember the name of the place, but it had a glass blowing setup in the back room. Turned out great for a smaller reception.
    A grand sounds pretty inexpensive. Istvan loft at 1218 N Western? Blue Sage Studio glass blowing place is in the back. Looks like they book through Oh Space. Oh Space Rocks - Oklahoma City Venues, Events, Weddings, Spaces

I attended a wedding at Thunderbird Chapel recently. They are $4200 for the space with various things included, not what I would call budget. It looks like $13 a head if you have them provide a meal, plus whatever extras. I think they did for the wedding I attended. It was good food. Thunderbird Chapel | Outdoor beauty without the worries!

I contacted the Farmer's Market and it does look like a nice space. The price depends on the day and amount of guests. For a Saturday wedding with 120ish people it will be about 9500. This seems to include just about everything but food with DJ and open bar included. Its still a bit more than we were wanting to spend. I'll check out all your suggestions...Thanks! We appreciate it.

My niece is getting married tonight at Rose Briar Creek at 11900 N. Council. I do not know the cost but know they were price conscious when looking.

Quote Originally Posted by mkjeeves View Post
    A grand sounds pretty inexpensive. Istvan loft at 1218 N Western? Blue Sage Studio glass blowing place is in the back. Looks like they book through Oh Space. Oh Space Rocks - Oklahoma City Venues, Events, Weddings, Spaces

I attended a wedding at Thunderbird Chapel recently. They are $4200 for the space with various things included, not what I would call budget. It looks like $13 a head if you have them provide a meal, plus whatever extras. I think they did for the wedding I attended. It was good food. Thunderbird Chapel | Outdoor beauty without the worries!
    Yes, this was it. It was last September, I think the grand was for 2 hours and nothing else was booked so it lasted a little longer. Nice place for something simple, but no space for a DJ.

Weddings & Events | River Oaks Golf Club - Edmond, OK
    Event Catering from the Gourmet Grille at Uptown | Uptown Grocery Co
    http://www.theredbarnokc.com

If the venue you choose doesnt have catering, I highly recommend Uptown Grocery for catering. They are beyond affordable (we paid 7.99 per person), and everyone was RAVING about the food. If you do this, I would suggest ordering some extra of the sides, we seemed to run out of sides first. They also will provide a bartender or servers if you need, and the cost was pretty cheap.

As far as venues - we had our rehearsal dinner last year at the River Oaks Golf Club. They were wonderful, and even let us bring decorations/helped us set up the day before. However you are required to get your catering through them, but the food was pretty good as well. I think it was 10-25 a plate depending on what you choose. I am not sure of the price for a reception, but I think weddings were around $1500, so reception might be cheaper? Our rehearsal dinner was around $300 for 6 hours of use of the space.

Our wedding was held at the Red Barn on Waldo's Pond, but the price has increased since last May (it is around 5900 now and that includes tables, chairs, linens, etc), so not so much in the affordable range. We were one of the first 10 weddings ever held there, and the 2nd to ever book it, so the price was less than what it is now. But it is a wonderful space, and basically already decorated (depending on your style).

I also think the Moore Old School Event Center is a pretty nice space. Fairly simple, but last I had heard it was under $1000.

It's been a little over 10 years, so I'm sure the price has gone up some by now, but we got married at Boulevard Chapel in Edmond and it was absolutely beautiful. I think we paid about $1500 and it included the ceremony, cakes, and the reception. We didn't have food or a DJ, but it was inexpensive enough where you can do that still. There was plenty of room for a DJ as well. They were awesome with taking care of everything where all we had to do was pretty much show up.

Thread Information