Widgets Magazine

Thread: Shoppes at McAuley

Far North Shoppes at McAuley

Construction has started on The Shoppes at McAuley, a new development on the north side of Memorial Road near Mercy Hospital.

The project will include a new Panera Bread restaurant which will be relocated from just a few blocks to the west. The new location will feature a drive-thru.

There will also be 8,500 square feet of retail space for lease and a 5-story, 107 Residence Inn with an indoor pool.

The developer is Mazaheri Properties, which also built the 2-story Hanger Clinic directly to the east of this property.

Work should be complete in late 2015. Leasing is being handled by George Williams and Phillip Mazaheri of Price Edwards.

Default Re: Shoppes at McAuley

Pete, Do you know who McAuley is? He has a street named after him, a medical building, other things that I can't think of right now, and now this shopping center.

3. Default Re: Shoppes at McAuley

I did a quick search and couldn't find anything pertinent to a McAuley but I believe this would be a shoppeing center as opposed to a shopping center.

Ye Ole Shoppes at Centre Pointe.

All the extra e's and old-timey British spelling guarantees classiness.

5. Default Re: Shoppes at McAuley

Did a little more searching and wonder if the name is associated with this Sister of Mercy.

As long as the letter U doesn't start creeping in to our words ending in "OR" I can handle the extra E

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Ye Ole Shoppes at Centre Pointe.

All the extra e's and old-timey British spelling guarantees classiness.
    You know it's classy when they call it a "Shoppe" rather than a shop.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    Pete, Do you know who McAuley is? He has a street named after him, a medical building, other things that I can't think of right now, and now this shopping center.
    Im guessing this is the origin?

'Nothing But Mercy' tells story of integration of Mercy Hospital in Oklahoma City | News OK

Attending mount saint Mary(sister of mercy) I remember mcAuley so it seems like a direct connection.

There we go! The power of the hive mind. Makes perfect sense and is an interesting story, too.

Yes, and it also explains why McAuley Boulevard only exists around Mercy Hospital and just to the north.

Catherine McAuley and 2 other laywomen started the Sisters of Mercy in Dublin, Ireland in 1831.

13. Default Re: Shoppes at McAuley

So are we seriously making a thread for a strip center? When I saw this on the news, I thought, "why the crap is THIS, the fact that a Panera is moving, newsworthy?" And looking now, so we have a small clinic and a hotel on the same pad. Those weren't even mentioned on the news....not that any of this is worth mentioning at all.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    When I saw this on the news
    Are you saying this was picked up by one of the TV news stations?

Yeah Pete I think two stations ran stories about it the day after you wrote your article.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    So are we seriously making a thread for a strip center? When I saw this on the news, I thought, "why the crap is THIS, the fact that a Panera is moving, newsworthy?" And looking now, so we have a small clinic and a hotel on the same pad. Those weren't even mentioned on the news....not that any of this is worth mentioning at all.
    Did you miss the 'e' at the end of the word? That signifies class, thus, it's news/threadworthy.

The real reason this was on the TV news is that we reported it. I know Channel 5 lifts things directly from the site all the time, and no one there has even made contact with me.

But it sounds like they left out the part about the hotel.

The real reason this was on the TV news is that we reported it. I know Channel 5 lifts things directly from the site all the time, and no one there has even made contact with me.

But it sounds like they left out the part about the hotel.
    Which, to me, is what makes the project more than just a strip center.

And frankly, people care about Panera Bread, especially adding a drive-thru.

The whole reason I created a new thread because there was a discussion about exactly that elsewhere.

Sometimes you can't win for losing. Had there not been a thread on this project, rest assured somebody would have been asking, "How did we miss this?"

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    Sometimes you can't win for losing. Had there not been a thread on this project, rest assured somebody would have been asking, "How did we miss this?"
    Or more commonly, a ton of posts asking "What is being built...".

22. Default Re: Shoppes at McAuley

Or more commonly, a ton of posts asking "What is being built...".
    True 'dat. I'm still just surprised at it going on TV as "A Panera location is moving a mile down the road".

We make threads about everything else being developed/buil, so why not?

From yesterday... Very close to finishing. You can see the drive-thru for Panera to the left.

Residence Inn just starting as construction trailers are rolled onto the site:

Thread Information