Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Nic's Diner + Lounge

Default Re: Nic's Diner + Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Again, I assume credit/debit cards are accepted?
    I'm sure they are.

This is a sit-down, nice place.

Are they open now? What are their hours?

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    Are they open now? What are their hours?
    Yes, they are open.

Open at 10:30AM and stay open until around 10PM.

Bar is not open yet.

4. Default Re: Nic's Diner + Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Again, I assume credit/debit cards are accepted?
    Yes. Also, I am still in a food coma after eating a JoJo burger yesterday. And the bar is straight sick. Probably the nicest bar in OKC and I'm not exaggerating. Bar won't open until next week though.

I stopped by last night and the word is starting to get out because when I left at 7:30 there were people waiting for tables.

They are still only serving burgers at this point and I had the Nic's Original, which was great as always.

But instead of fries I had their haystack onion rings which were fantastic. Highly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I stopped by last night and the word is starting to get out because when I left at 7:30 there were people waiting for tables.

They are still only serving burgers at this point and I had the Nic's Original, which was great as always.

But instead of fries I had their haystack onion rings which were fantastic. Highly recommend.
    I think I may be going there for lunch today. I will try to get the some pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

I was there last night too celebrating my birthday. Not sure if our time overlapped we probably left around 6:30ish. I was there with my infant son who was causing a ruckus trying to talk to everybody in the entire place.

The place is put together with incredibly high quality material, and some really great design. I wish I could have seen the bar. The food was delicious as expected. It did start to get pretty packed when we were leaving.

I do got to say though, its a weird mixed concept with feeling so high class but having to stuff such a messy burger down my gullet. I'm sure it will work but I get why he told Steve in his latest article why he was worried about the pairing.

The menu they have been using is only their lunch menu. The dinner menu will be different with higher-end items like steaks.

And then of course there will be a breakfast menu too.

They are wise to work out the kinks slowly but surely. The burgers are clearly a big enough draw to get them started.

Tried to go for lunch today.....line was about 25 deep. I'll try again

10. Default Re: Nic's Diner + Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by BoomerThunder1 View Post
    Tried to go for lunch today.....line was about 25 deep. I'll try again
    Sounds like the line followed him from Penn to Robinson since he has the grill temporarily closed.

Went by around 2:30 and it looked like the place was full but no line outside.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tmp_13719-IMG_20161021_181436-1397122327.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	13190

I'm probably going to request for "well done" next time, this was "medium well", a little to pink for me.

Yeah that looks medium rare... And what happened to that bottom bun? Lol

Wait... Is Nic actually cooking at this place?

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    Wait... Is Nic actually cooking at this place?
    Yes, Justin (Nic) personally brought out a new burger when we brought up the done-ness. Amazing Bar Downstairs and the the burgers are just as good as the location on 10th street except a lot more topping options. I had one with Gouda Cheese and Green Chiles, mine was cooked much closer to medium-well.

They are not serving food downstairs yet but they plan too soon.

16. Default Re: Nic's Diner + Lounge

First customers in the bar tonight. It was everything I'd hoped it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    First customers in the bar tonight. It was everything I'd hoped it would be.
    Tell me about the good beers on tap.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    Yeah that looks medium rare... And what happened to that bottom bun? Lol
    That bottom bun is more what I"m used to when I eat there.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    The Garage is casual (shorts/t-shirt minimal) while this place looks more trendy. I wouldn't wear anything less than nice jeans and a polo or button-up shirt with nice dress shoes to this place...which means I'm much more likely to go to The Garage if I'm down that way.
    Why? Wear what you want. It's not fine dining. It's hard to imagine a place whose specialty is 3/4-pound onion burgers and chicken fried steak is somehow "trendy."

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Why? Wear what you want. It's not fine dining. It's hard to imagine a place whose specialty is 3/4-pound onion burgers and chicken fried steak is somehow "trendy."
    What I mean is...the decor from what I've seen is a hair more top notch than the one seater joint on May. It just looks prettier..which isn't my cup of tea, but suffice it to say, I have all kinds of clothes in my closet.

I'll get down there one day.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    What I mean is...the decor from what I've seen is a hair more top notch than the one seater joint on May. It just looks prettier..which isn't my cup of tea, but suffice it to say, I have all kinds of clothes in my closet.

I'll get down there one day.
    Eh, I guess in our family we're past the point where we care if we're dressed appropriately for the local establishments. We usually ride our bicycles when we go to these places and are always in our "grubby" comfort clothes. Not a single time has an eyebrow been raised at our appearance. The guys at the Ambassador even volunteered to valet park our cycles for us when we went up to the O Bar awhile back on a nice evening.

I think people are starting to understand better the pedestrian/cyclist culture and are more accepting of a "come as you are" appearance. Even last night at the ballet there were people dressed super-casual--mixing right in with those who were not. If you like to dress up for stuff, that's great. However, it's nice that things aren't so strict any more. And this is coming from someone who used to be a snob about being dressed appropriately for whatever occasion. I've changed.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Sounds like the line followed him from Penn to Robinson since he has the grill temporarily closed.
    It's great advertisement for the new place. Shut down the old temporarily with a sign saying why.

I was in the bar last night. Very nice. Good personnel working for him. Place is fantastic. Would like a tiny bit more light so I can see all that gorgeous wood in the place.

24. Default Re: Nic's Diner + Lounge

FWIW I've been wearing shorts and sneakers every time I've been in now (once for lunch and twice to the bar) and almost everyone else has been in shorts, jeans, sweatshirts, whatever. It is most assuredly NOT a stuffed-shirt place. I'd feel comfortable in a jacket too - and I think it would be a great place for coat and tie business lunches in fact - but staying away because you're not dressed up is completely unneccessary and your own loss.

I can't wait to try this!

Thread Information