Widgets Magazine

View Poll Results: Will the Thunder win it all in 2016?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 33.33%
  • HELL YES

28 66.67%
Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015-16 OKC Thunder

Default Re: 2015-16 OKC Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Great game, but Rose went god mode at the end. Horrible defense against him down the stretch, we will improve.

On to the next!
    I've about come to the conclusion we need to just kind of hold our nose for the first, oh, 20 games of the season or so until this team really gets used to the new Donovan offensive system. I don't think KD and Russ have just yet. Until they do, and get into a rhythm where they just *play* with this offense rather than *think* about it, we're going to have some real stinkers for a time. And defense is, well, an issue.

Great game, but Rose went god mode at the end. Horrible defense against him down the stretch, we will improve.

On to the next!
    It was odd the defense wouldn't adjust. Kept doing high Pick n Roll and kept switching.

Not sure why Donovan has our guards going under every screen. Terrible schemes, effort, and results. It's a long season, but, man, we've been disappointing thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Not sure why Donovan has our guards going under every screen. Terrible schemes, effort, and results. It's a long season, but, man, we've been disappointing thus far.
    This is out of left-field, but is this part of Donovan's maturation into the pro game vs college? That is, perhaps this is part of his offensive ideas that may have worked in college, but no so much at this level??

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    This is out of left-field, but is this part of Donovan's maturation into the pro game vs college? That is, perhaps this is part of his offensive ideas that may have worked in college, but no so much at this level??
    I guess that's possible, but he has two NBA head coaches on his bench and an analytics department at his fingertips. The biggest problem in my eyes are the continued offensive stagnation when games tighten up and lack of effort on defense (Russ especially).

I guess that's possible, but he has two NBA head coaches on his bench and an analytics department at his fingertips. The biggest problem in my eyes are the continued offensive stagnation when games tighten up and lack of effort on defense (Russ especially).
    This. There is noway Billy doesn't have the resources to get this fixed easily.

I agree with Russ. And it is just a theory, but I think he sees what Curry is doing and wants to focus purely on shooting and offense in general. Curry is bad at defense and Russ is much better, he needs to utilize the size at his position more.

This. There is noway Billy doesn't have the resources to get this fixed easily.

I agree with Russ. And it is just a theory, but I think he sees what Curry is doing and wants to focus purely on shooting and offense in general. Curry is bad at defense and Russ is much better, he needs to utilize the size at his position more.
    Why do you think Russ is a better defender than Curry? Why do you think Curry is a bad defender?

How Stephen Curry developed into a top-flight defender

Russ has not shown a consistent commitment to be a disciplined defender (who takes wise risks) during his career. He has the tools, but he's never been great. Curry committed to being a smart defender last season.

Why do you think Russ is a better defender than Curry? Why do you think Curry is a bad defender?

How Stephen Curry developed into a top-flight defender

Russ has not shown a consistent commitment to be a disciplined defender (who takes wise risks) during his career. He has the tools, but he's never been great. Curry committed to being a smart defender last season.
    People think Curry is bad cause hes so dominant on the def.

Thunder 124
    Suns 103

Same old Thunder.

Blog Entries

Much better spacing in this game. More team work, better shot selection, ball distribution & trust among teammates.

This is vintage Donovan style basketball. Now, can the Thunder continue with this transition, you'll see players become more involved.

The hustle & energy elevation seemed apparent throughout the game.
    FGM-A = 49-94 (51%) Turnovers = 15

Phoenix Suns vs. Oklahoma City Thunder - Box Score - November 08, 2015 - ESPN

Let's Go Thunder!

Blog Entries

KD with bad hammy. Bad karma in Washington! See what happens when you play there man! Mark em off the list!

From the Washington Post about KD -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...f76_story.html

13. Default Re: 2015-16 OKC Thunder

Honestly, I think the whole KD2DC thing is a ridiculous fabrication. The city is selling it and the national media is lapping it up, but I don't think the Wizards are in the running at all. I'm not saying he's 100% staying here; I just don't think he goes to DC if he leaves. And honestly, I doubt that he leaves. I'm more concerned about losing Russ the year after.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Honestly, I think the whole KD2DC thing is a ridiculous fabrication. The city is selling it and the national media is lapping it up, but I don't think the Wizards are in the running at all. I'm not saying he's 100% staying here; I just don't think he goes to DC if he leaves. And honestly, I doubt that he leaves. I'm more concerned about losing Russ the year after.
    I agree with this, entirely. Definite concern for Russ if KD left. Slightly worrying that the Wiz didn't renew Beal's contract either. If another team bids and wins, than its down to either Wall or Russ. I'd choose Russ every time.

Kd will sign a 2 year contract with a 2nd year player option. 2017 is actually the crucial year, we're either losing kd and russ or keeping both.

16. Default Re: 2015-16 OKC Thunder

Why would he sign a 2 year? Most people are saying 1...

Wouldn't 1 make more sense with the cap about to raise?

Second year player option. Would let it act like a one year deal but give Kevin insurance on a second season in case he was to be injured

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: 2015-16 OKC Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Personally, I don't ever see Russ leaving, because he is such a polarizing player, and really outside of OKC, no one thinks he's worth what he's paid now. This city and organization are really the only ones who believe in his awesomeness.

(disclaimer: this is based on my "head against brick wall" conversations I have to with my Rockets/Spurs/Mavs friends. yes, i know i have questionable friend choices)

22. Default Re: 2015-16 OKC Thunder

Are you sure about that? You're telling me LA wouldn't max out for a guy who can get a triple double anytime he wants? I refuse to believe that.

Oh there will be some teams, like I said I was just basing my opinions off what my Texas friends always joke about, saying he is not worth it and is just a stats compiler.

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    Are you sure about that? You're telling me LA wouldn't max out for a guy who can get a triple double anytime he wants? I refuse to believe that.
    LA would probably go for it, but Russ would have to also not like winning (from the looks of things currently)

Blog Entries

Kevin Durant's contract will be crucial. Why? If Kevin leaves, who know what Westbrook will decide to do.

Thread Information