Widgets Magazine

Thread: Nashville, TN

Default Nashville, TN

Two good articles related to economic development in Nashville, TN:

Nashville's biggest retail barrier, and other takeaways about the region's growth:
    'Nashville's surging population ranks among the fastest-growing in the nation — but it's not concentrated, which limits our shopping and dining options'
    Nashville's biggest retail barrier, and other takeaways about the region's growth - Nashville Business Journal

Giarratana lands more money for downtown skyscraper — with a new look
    'This latest version of the 505 tower is downsized somewhat from Giarratana's most recent iteration, which called for an all-residential building that was 15 stories taller — higher even than the city's iconic AT&T tower. That version of the tower would have cost $225 million and contained 600 units, mostly apartments.

Now, the tower will cost $150 million and contain 500 units. At a height of 550 feet, it would be the second-tallest building in the city, behind the AT&T Building. That tower has fewer stories, but reaches up to 617 feet thanks to its twin spires that foster the nickname "Batman Building."

I asked Giarratana why he decreased the size of 505.

“The answer is capital,” Giarratana said. “We’re very comfortable underwriting 500 apartments at this location.”

Giarratana lands more money for downtown skyscraper ? with a new look - Nashville Business Journal

Default Re: Nashville, TN

Headed to Nashville in March. Any recommendations for things that I must do. I basically have one afternoon (a Friday). No car, staying at Gaylord Opryland, but have transportation downtown.

That tower was initially going to be a super tall IIRC. So it's been slashed more than once.

After reading the article, this is the 3rd version announced for the site.

Here's a recent pic I took from the Shelby Street Bridge that really shows the development underway:

This is just crazy, I don't know who has more development momentum now: Austin or Nashville?

https://citynownext.com/2023/02/28/4...own-nashville/

Thread Information