Type:
    Links:
    Official Website
    Facebook Page

Information & Latest News

http://www.okctalk.com/content/157-oncue-7eleven.html
    Gallery

Default Re: 7 Eleven

Thanks to catch 22 for the photo of the new concept 7 Eleven at NW Expressway & MacArthur:

Saw that over the weekend. much nicer than the other 7-11 concepts I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    Saw that over the weekend. much nicer than the other 7-11 concepts I have seen.
    While I'm excited market forces are making 7-11 up their game, this is still not your average OnCue and is probably 1/2 to 3/4 the size. Also even mores I am concerned about the local 7-11 franchisee not learning from past mistakes or not changing their operations habits, etc. Most 7-11's in this state I've seen are filthy and cheap. I hope they address that side of the business as well.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    While I'm excited market forces are making 7-11 up their game, this is still not your average OnCue and is probably 1/2 to 3/4 the size. Also even mores I am concerned about the local 7-11 franchisee not learning from past mistakes or not changing their operations habits, etc. Most 7-11's in this state I've seen are filthy and cheap. I hope they address that side of the business as well.
    Seems like 7-11's strategy is to have more, but smaller stores. Oncue has more employees working per shift than 7-11 which is about 2 maybe 3.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    While I'm excited market forces are making 7-11 up their game, this is still not your average OnCue and is probably 1/2 to 3/4 the size.
    To be precise, this newest 7-Eleven is 5,400 square feet while the OnCue on NW Expressway just to the west is about 6,200 square feet.

Is this the new concept for just the OKC stores or will all new stores around the country look like this?

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    Is this the new concept for just the OKC stores or will all new stores around the country look like this?
    Just for OKC.

The group that owns the 7 Elevens in Central Oklahoma is completely separate from the rest of the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Just for OKC.

The group that owns the 7 Elevens in Central Oklahoma is completely separate from the rest of the company.
    I knew the OKC stores were privately owned, I just didn't know if they were modeling off the other stores around the country.

Thanks!

if I remember, next time in Dallas, I'll snap pictures of the 7 Elevens there. They are like a whole different chain and have many urban locations with no gas or drive through features

I really don't think the Browns have anything to do with the rest of 7 Eleven.

I think it's pretty safe to say that anything you see outside of Central Oklahoma has zero to do with the what will ever happen here.

I really don't think the Browns have anything to do with the rest of 7 Eleven.

I think it's pretty safe to say that anything you see outside of Central Oklahoma has zero to do with the what will ever happen here.
    ^^^ True Statement ^^^

One thing that 7/11 has done in the past is to include a liquor store or dry cleaners accompanying their building. I can't tell if the new concept still does this ?

Many of the 7 Eleven buildings include extra for-lease space which the Browns then rent out to whoever wants to pay the freight.

I don't think their new concepts have any extra space.

Went to a new 7/11 here in Portland, OR this morning. Wow! So much better than the Brown owned stores. Bright, clean, had very friendly staff. Had fresh food items alongside your regular junk food.

Also my first time having an attendant pump my fuel. He was super friendly and knowledgeable.

Was night and day difference to the local owned crap 7/11. Was better than OnCue

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Went to a new 7/11 here in Portland, OR this morning. Wow! So much better than the Brown owned stores. Bright, clean, had very friendly staff. Had fresh food items alongside your regular junk food.

Also my first time having an attendant pump my fuel. He was super friendly and knowledgeable.

Was night and day difference to the local owned crap 7/11. Was better than OnCue
    Catch22,
    Is it a state law or was it just a full service station? I know that self service is not allowed in New Jersey but I haven't been to Oregon in a long time and don't really remember.
    C. T.

I know it's been mentioned here before, but the one thing the Brown's should be lauded for is the way they take care of their employees. They pay them very, very well and provide them with top-notch gold plan benefits. You go into almost any random OKC 7 Eleven and you'll see 10 year, 15 year, even a 30 year pin on a man at the 7 Eleven up on May and Hefner. I don't care for a lot of their stores and some of their policies, but I have to hand it to them for paying a living wage to their employees. They obviously win loyalty back from many of their workers..

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    Catch22,
    Is it a state law or was it just a full service station? I know that self service is not allowed in New Jersey but I haven't been to Oregon in a long time and don't really remember.
    C. T.
    That was the case (state law) when I was in Portland with family last year. It sounds like it's still the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    That was the case (state law) when I was in Portland with family last year. It sounds like it's still the same.
    Here's a great blog entry on it:

Why can't Oregonians pump their own gas? Let us count the reasons | OregonLive.com

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    I know it's been mentioned here before, but the one thing the Brown's should be lauded for is the way they take care of their employees. They pay them very, very well and provide them with top-notch gold plan benefits. You go into almost any random OKC 7 Eleven and you'll see 10 year, 15 year, even a 30 year pin on a man at the 7 Eleven up on May and Hefner. I don't care for a lot of their stores and some of their policies, but I have to hand it to them for paying a living wage to their employees. They obviously win loyalty back from many of their workers..
    If only they treated their stores as well.

They have started to acquire property very near existing locations (like 23rd & Council).

It seems their strategy is to build these bigger, better concepts and then lease out the old space.

But of course, they have 110 locations in Central Oklahoma so even on an aggressive schedule there will still be a huge amount of older, smaller stores all around.

21. Default Re: 7 Eleven

Can we expect older locations to also get a facelift? Seems if you're going to introduce a new concept, you might as well have all locations adhering to the new aesthetic. Especially some of the older stores like 44th & Shields where OnCue has built a new store across the street, making the 7-11 look particularly and woefully outdated, dirty, and unsafe.

Renovation does not seem to be part of their strategy; at least to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
    If only they treated their stores as well.
    I agree. That's why I said I don't care for a lot of their stores. But, in this day and age I can appreciate a company paying great wages and benefits, and the Brown's do that.

Renovation does not seem to be part of their strategy; at least to date.
    There is an exception to that rule, the SW104th and Penn location was renovated about 6 or 7 years ago.

But it is nothing like new stores or OnCue. Same old layout as before

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    I agree. That's why I said I don't care for a lot of their stores. But, in this day and age I can appreciate a company paying great wages and benefits, and the Brown's do that.
    I have 1 relative that worked his entire life and retired from 7/11, and 1 that still works for 7/11, and at one time was a store manager. I've talked to them for years and I don't really see where they made a 'great wage'. He might have made 50 k a year as a manager but they always worked a ton of hours. He does have the utmost respect for the Brown's.

Thread Information