Widgets Magazine
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 Eleven

Default Re: 7 Eleven

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

Fortunately, you have a bunch of great alternatives and many more on the way.
    Which is a good thing as the 7/11s seem to be getting worse. Stopped at the one at 10th and Western yesterday. I accepted the fact the the store would be filthy as was the parking lot but I had a meeting close by and wanted a protein shake. There are several homeless out front which is normal. Inside there were two homeless people actually lying and sitting on the floor and then a third started changing his shirt. The clerk apparently was friends with them as she kept having a conversation with them and the lady at the counter instead of checking people out . I stood there for almost 4 minutes as the line grew to 4-5 people and she had not checked out one person. i finally set down my shake and walked out, i think that was the final straw for me for 7/11 as a whole. I think their stores like this are going to be in a lot of trouble when the new On Cue opens three blocks away.

The last few times i have been to the one at May and Wilshire the clerk has been sitting up on the counter with her face in her cell phone. She acts as if it's an inconvenience to get up and take my money. The Brown family never would have allowed such nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    The Brown family never would have allowed such nonsense.
    The Brown family would also have never allowed QuikTrip in OKC. Silver linings.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    The Brown family would also have never allowed QuikTrip in OKC. Silver linings.
    I’m pretty sure the Brown’s were not preventing it. It was the QuikTrip founder’s respect for Bill Brown and his early career advice that kept them out of this market.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleCyrus View Post
    I’m pretty sure the Brown’s were not preventing it. It was the QuikTrip founder’s respect for Bill Brown and his early career advice that kept them out of this market.
    The long rumored, so-called "Gentleman's Agreement".

The 7-11 at Reno and Rockwell had no tap and pays working. I left my credit card at home but was hoping to use tap and pay. They had now towels out to clean windows and only 2 stations had brushes with window cleaner even in them.

The site at Reno and Western has now been cleared of that old service station.

Work on the new 7 Eleven should be starting soon.

Yet another new 7 Eleven is being planned, this time on the NW corner of Walker and I-240 on the site of Chase Bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    I'm getting fed up with 7-11. In addition to the filthy stores/bathrooms, I'm tired of going in and finding the soda fountains are out of order, the front door won't open, ATM's out of order and went from free to $1.50, low inventory and choices, and price increases of up to 100%, and grumpy and surly employees who just don't seem to give a flip. There's probably more, but that's all I can recall right now.

This market is over saturated with 7-Eleven.

New ownership has made some terrible business decisions. Cutting employee benefits, lowering wages, increasing prices. Typical corporate BS. As a former employee I can say for certain it irritated a lot of the workers. When you employee a few thousand people and treat them garbage, well let's just say what goes around comes around. The only thing they have now is their incredibly strong brand image. And that will be the only thing that carries them because it sure isn't their wages or customer service.

Good thing we are flooded with QT Lite (OnCue), Casey's (Whose service is also slowly deteriorating), and now the real QT coming to town.

Domino C-Stores is adopting a more aggressive expansion strategy as well.

E-Express is another.

I don't think I've used a 7-11 in several years as there are tons of convenient alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yet another new 7 Eleven is being planned, this time on the NW corner of Walker and I-240 on the site of Chase Bank.
    Interesting. I suppose that means they're replacing the legacy 7-Eleven across the street then? I don't patronize 7-Eleven much anymore but that old S Walker store is in pretty bad shape imo. Slightly surprised they didn't try to build over on Santa Fe instead, to take advantage of the Wal-Mart/Lowes traffic - and no demolition would have been necessary either.

I wish they’d redo the 7 Eleven at Danforth and Bryant in Edmond.

Its crazy how as I write this, there are 4 threads that are gas station related. The gas station wars are heating up.

This will be the standard new corporate layout with Laredo Taco:

Speaking of 7-11 still trying to figure out why the one on I-40 and MacArthur has had gas now the last 3 days for $3.63 when everyone else is $3.89 including the 7-11 a mile down the road. Maybe they still have the winter blend. Either way i'm loving it. I'll get another gallon today if it's still cheap.

Blog Entries

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2022-06-06 013625.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	17507

Current status at Reno/Western

Location at Reno & Western:

That road(BLVD) looks amazing. Almost like a rendering.

Bricks finally going up on the back side of the new 7-11 store at 178th and May.

The neighboring Starbucks started around the same time and looks like it could open any day and the Jack Be Grocery store looks to be moving dirt.

They are planning a larger-sized store for SW 59th & I-44 with a few diesel pumps for trucks:

This looks like their "Lab Store" concept in Dallas: 1805 Sylvan Ave, Dallas, TX 75208

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    This looks like their "Lab Store" concept in Dallas: 1805 Sylvan Ave, Dallas, TX 75208
    Very similar.

It's actually their 2.0 prototype they have been rolling out.

Has any of the OKC location started selling their coffee beans? I normally don't frequent the 7-Elevens around me, as they are all older generation stores and I am an OnCue loyalist. But I have friends from TX that always has their beans on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    Has any of the OKC location started selling their coffee beans? I normally don't frequent the 7-Elevens around me, as they are all older generation stores and I am an OnCue loyalist. But I have friends from TX that always has their beans on hand.
    Are their beans pretty good? I'm always on the lookout for decent, readily available beans.

Also, I'm surprised the 7-11 at NW 178th & May is so small. I was hoping it would have one of the 7-11 kitchens that serve tacos or burritos....I forget which.

Thread Information