Default Re: 7 Eleven

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The location at SW 15th & Council looks to have accommodation for trucks:

It'll be a money maker with all the trucking companies nearby

Building permit application has been dropped for NW 178th & May:

7-11 is taking over the Valero on the SW corner of Memorial and McArthur and the Conoco on the NW corner of Memorial and May.

The memorial and macarthur location has been converted. The branded Valero gas is gone.

7-11 bought the Phillips 66/Covell Corner at Covell and Air Depot in Edmond. Outside signage has already been changed over.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrenogolf View Post
    7-11 bought the Phillips 66/Covell Corner at Covell and Air Depot in Edmond. Outside signage has already been changed over.
    Hope this means that OnCue will move forward with their store in North Central Edmond on the opposite corner of Covell/Broadway or just a mile down at Kelly/Covell.

Far North Re: 7 Eleven

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    The memorial and macarthur location has been converted. The branded Valero gas is gone.
    Saw the signage update tonight driving down May and Memorial. The new signage definitely stands out after seeing "The Station" and Conoco brand for so many years on that corner waiting for the stoplight over the overpass.

Yet another new 7-11, this time on the NE corner of SW 44th & Western on the site of the abandoned Sears auto center.

Blog Entries

Great news to hear that (Corporate 7-11, Dallas, TX) 7 Eleven is building new stores in Oklahoma City .

They need to also focus on the condition of the present stores in OKC metro area since their acquisition from the Brown Family.

Among their two largest stores (Rockwell & Reno newer) & (NW 23rd & MacArthur) these places need immediate attention...

Some pumps not working.
    Debris in the parking lot.
    Soda dispensers in the drink fountain, some flavors frequently out.

...slowly but surely going down hill.

10. Default Re: 7 Eleven

Has anyone tried the tacos at Laredo's inside 7-11? I just saw the one at May and Hefner is open, with homemade flour tortillas, and it looked like a decent quick stop for lunch or breakfast on the go.

They need a cleaning schedule and someone to hold the employees accountable or more employees on each shift to clean. 7/11 have never been super clean but they have become disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    Has anyone tried the tacos at Laredo's inside 7-11? I just saw the one at May and Hefner is open, with homemade flour tortillas, and it looked like a decent quick stop for lunch or breakfast on the go.
    I did a couple of days ago. It was nothing exceptional but I had no complaints. I'm planning another stop on Thursday to try something different.

Can confirm 7/11 is removing free air stations and putting in systems with card readers to get more money out of you. I feel they are quickly removing everything that would bring me there instead of drive further to other stations a mile down road.

Yeah I saw that. That sucks. Let people have free air for the love of god.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    The Rockwell & Reno 7-Eleven store has a Laredo Tacos inside. Watched them put together the flour tortillas from scratch.

Today is December 25. We drove past the 7-11 near our neighborhood at 164th and Western, it was closed today (Christmas). We found it odd. Figured that 7-11 was one of the "Always Open" even on holidays kinda place. The old joke was why does 7-11 have locks on the doors if they never close? Both of the OnCue's on North Western were of course open. While this location isn't off the turnpike or an interstate, I just assumed most larger/corporate gas stations are open since people still travel on holidays or may need ice, milk, etc for gatherings.

Demolition has started at the Reno/Western site:

Another new 7-Eleven is planned for the NW corner of NW 10th and Council.

I'm getting fed up with 7-11. In addition to the filthy stores/bathrooms, I'm tired of going in and finding the soda fountains are out of order, the front door won't open, ATM's out of order and went from free to $1.50, low inventory and choices, and price increases of up to 100%, and grumpy and surly employees who just don't seem to give a flip. There's probably more, but that's all I can recall right now.

^

Fortunately, you have a bunch of great alternatives and many more on the way.

and NW 23rd and MacArthur. Unless someone was just joking when I mentioned that corner has construction activity. Further north on MacArthur there's a Kum N Go lol

There’s a Kum n Go in OKC?

It looks like the 10th and MacArthur site has an abandoned well site to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    There’s a Kum n Go in OKC?
    I can't say I've ever seen one in the OKC metro area. The closest I've personally seen one is in the Cushing area when driving to our family farm up NE.

Another new 7-Eleven is planned for the NW corner of NW 10th and Council.
    Really? Where that house is? Crazy they would put one here with one at Council and 23rd but I guess one is south bound and one is north bound on council.

Thread Information