Widgets Magazine
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 Eleven

Default Re: 7 Eleven

Is anyone else noticing a lot of "in training" employees at 7-Eleven? I go to a few of the stores pretty regularly, and I'm noticing a lot of new people. Also, they no longer have the signs advertising for jobs paying 13-14/hr. I have a bad feeling about that corporate buy out.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    Is anyone else noticing a lot of "in training" employees at 7-Eleven? I go to a few of the stores pretty regularly, and I'm noticing a lot of new people. Also, they no longer have the signs advertising for jobs paying 13-14/hr. I have a bad feeling about that corporate buy out.
    No matter what they do, it can't be worse than what the Brown family run 7-Eleven stores were doing.

What ever happened to kicking out the marijuana shops? I noticed they are still in there. I was thinking they had to be out in July according to the reports and notices? Did they get extensions or did they decide to allow them to stay?

Dirt being moved between the New 7-11 and Wendys on MacArthur. Anything planned or they just getting the land ready.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Dirt being moved between the New 7-11 and Wendys on MacArthur. Anything planned or they just getting the land ready.
    Tropical Smoothie Cafe:

https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.p...77#post1134577

I have a bad feeling about that corporate buy out.
    You should.

The Oklahoma 7-Elevens and the Dallas 7-Elevens were night and day in comparison and to put it bluntly, the Dallas one is far, far, far worse.

If I were OnCue, I would be very excited for things to come. They will take over this market.

The Dallas chain has no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by floyd the barber View Post
    You should.

The Oklahoma 7-Elevens and the Dallas 7-Elevens were night and day in comparison and to put it bluntly, the Dallas one is far, far, far worse.

If I were OnCue, I would be very excited for things to come. They will take over this market.

The Dallas chain has no idea.
    Outside of the renovated 7-11s, I can't say I agree. Not looking for an argument or anything, had a different experience is all.

The Dallas 7 elevens are way better than the Oklahoma ones imo

When 7-11s in Oklahoma were owned and run by the Browns, they were old, dirty, and out of date. Now they're new, dirty, and up to date.

I don't know if all of the new ones are this way but the one at 2nd and Coltrane in Edmond, which is nearest me, is a dump. I don't really go to 7-11 otherwise. I was in that location the other night and there was some sticky beverage spilled all over the floor and none of the workers seemed to be interested in cleaning it up as they walked past it. Why spend all that money building this gleaming, new store if you're not going to keep it clean and let it go into the dumps in just a year or two's time?

Going into an OnCue is a night and day difference. They seem to care about cleanliness and customer experience.

10. Default Re: 7 Eleven

I think it has a lot to do with the quality of employee hired. Pay employees more, you get a better selection.

In addition to OnCue, Casey's are bright and clean and will soon have about a dozen area locations.

I virtually never go into a 7-11 anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    I think it has a lot to do with the quality of employee hired. Pay employees more, you get a better selection.
    You're right. OnCue pays more.

I really thought the OnCue flood of stores would push 7-11 to improve, but they're still just nasty. I haven't been to a 7-11 in a very long time. Then again, right now I'll go out of my way to hit an OnCue with a drive thru.

I've noticed since the buy-out that their gas is not one of the cheapest around anymore. Even with their 5-cent-off card, Sam's and Walmart are BY FAR cheaper.

Is 7-eleven going to do anything to better protect their employees? Robberies have increased and two have died working alone as a result for the lack of care for their workers.

The memorial and rockwell store has several large shipping containers in the parking lot are they about to change something up at this new store?

Possible new location for Anchor Down?

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    The memorial and rockwell store has several large shipping containers in the parking lot are they about to change something up at this new store?
    So does the May/sw 89th location

So does the May/sw 89th location
    The ones at memorial disappeared very quickly

They removed the burrito company and looks like a Laredo taco going in. They have a hiring event at the macarthur store posted at the memorial store.

Here is a picture of the renovation. They moved the coffee station and have done some other rearranging and changes to prepare for this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8DD60986-3647-4C47-AEDC-A659AACA71AD.jpeg 
Views:	77 
Size:	3.39 MB 
ID:	16630

Unrelated to that:

The new 7/11 on MacArthur and I-40 quickly became a pretty rough spot...

I learned today that 7-Eleven has purchased the Total Express convenience store at Piedmont Road and NW Expressway. The Total Express will close on the 24th and 7-Eleven will take possession. The sale price was reported to be in excess of 4 million dollars. I am told they are going to renovate it and put in a 7-Eleven. It makes no real sense as they have a large location one mile away at Mustang Road and NW Expressway, but who knows. They have been pursuing the location ever sense the Browns sold to corporate. Makes me wonder if someone is looking at putting in another brand on the SE corner of Piedmont Road and NW Expressway.

I'll wager the purchase by 7-11 was to keep OnCue from getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    I'll wager the purchase by 7-11 was to keep OnCue from getting it.
    I wondered if that might be the
    case.

New 7 Eleven Expanding Mexican Food Footprint
    Will open 10 Laredo Taco Company restaurants in Oklahoma City by early 2021

IRVING, Texas — 7-Eleven Inc. will expand its Mexican food footprint by opening Laredo Taco Company restaurants in more than 10 convenience stores in Oklahoma City by early 2021.

Owned and operated by 7-Eleven, Laredo Taco Company has locations in more than 500 Stripes and 7-Eleven convenience stores. The brand became part of 7-Eleven in early 2018 after the retailer acquired Sunoco LP. Houston-based Sunoco acquired Stripes from Susser Holdings Corp., Corpus Christi, Texas, in 2015.

Laredo Taco Company specializes in barbacoa, chorizo, carne asada, carnitas, and breakfast tacos. Each restaurant has a salsa bar with a variety of freshly prepared salsas and pico de gallo. Because of safety restrictions resulting from the coronavirus pandemic, salsas and pico de gallo are currently being served in pre-packed containers at the salsa bar.

The full Laredo Taco Company menu is available in 7-Eleven stores or via contactless delivery through Postmates.

"We have lots of exciting things planned for the Oklahoma stores that recently joined the 7-Eleven family, and Laredo Taco Company gives customers a delicious taste of what's to come," said Chris Tanco, executive vice president and COO of 7-Eleven. "When we open Laredo Taco Company restaurants in select 7-Eleven locations, the lines of enthusiastic customers have been out the door. We are excited to offer Oklahoma customers the same great experience and delicious handmade tacos."

In March, 7-Eleven completed its acquisition of 7-Eleven Stores, which included more than 100 independently operated 7-Eleven-branded convenience stores in the Oklahoma City metropolitan area. The c-stores owned and operated by Oklahoma City-based 7-Eleven Stores were the only independently owned retail outlets that carried the 7-Eleven brand, through a special arrangement between owner William Brown and 7-Eleven Inc. in 1953. The Oklahoma stores were not licensees or franchisees of the national chain; they were totally independent.

Irving, Texas-based 7-Eleven operates, franchises or licenses more than 70,000 c-stores in 17 countries, including more than 9,300 in the United States. 7-Eleven is No. 1 on CSP's 2020 Top 202 ranking of c-store chains by number of retail outlets.

Thread Information