Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 Eleven

Default Re: 7 Eleven

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    You might change your mind on that if the rumor is true. I was completely shocked the first time I visited a 7-Eleven in Texas and they actually wanted to charge an ATM fee. I'd say the best thing is the no transaction fee.
    I thought no-fee usage was a TransFund thing, not a 7-11 thing. On-Cue has TransFund ATMs, and I'd bet they don't charge either.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    I thought no-fee usage was a TransFund thing, not a 7-11 thing. On-Cue has TransFund ATMs, and I'd bet they don't charge either.
    Do you charge to use the ATMs at your locations?

No. All ATMs at 7-Eleven stores in Oklahoma are free of surcharges. However, you should check with your financial institution to ensure they don’t add charges for using an ATM that is not their own.

I know Transfund does advertise the same. The point, however, was that 7-Eleven outside of Oklahoma does not have this perk.

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post

I know Transfund does advertise the same. The point, however, was that 7-Eleven outside of Oklahoma does not have this perk.
    Yeah, I know, and my point was that if OK 7-Elevens get bought by the national 7-Eleven, Oklahomans can use On-Cue or QuikTrip for surcharge-free ATMs if the national 7-Eleven decides to change ATMs in OK stores and start implementing surcharge fees. I believe TransFund ATMs are the ones in 7-Eleven, On-Cue and QuikTrip, but not totally certain since I rarely use them and just haven't noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Yeah, I know, and my point was that if OK 7-Elevens get bought by the national 7-Eleven, Oklahomans can use On-Cue or QuikTrip for surcharge-free ATMs if the national 7-Eleven decides to change ATMs in OK stores and start implementing surcharge fees. I believe TransFund ATMs are the ones in 7-Eleven, On-Cue and QuikTrip, but not totally certain since I rarely use them and just haven't noticed.
    You are correct, all three stores you've mentioned have TransFund ATMs. I used to use them regularly when I used cash more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I can't believe this is true...
    So, can anyone verify this is true?

Anyone know what's up with the store on 63rd and Portland. They took the signs down, put paper on the windows, and emptied the gas. Weird, I was just there a couple of days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    Heard late yesterday that an announcement is coming soon that all Oklahoma 7 Eleven stores have been sold !!!!
    Just doesn't make any sense...for lots of reasons. But we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by bs2007 View Post
    Anyone know what's up with the store on 63rd and Portland. They took the signs down, put paper on the windows, and emptied the gas. Weird, I was just there a couple of days ago.
    That is strange. I can't find any sort of permits for future work.

They don't own that site so maybe they are just shutting down and putting their resources into their new and remodeled spaces.

They are penned in at this location so no way to expand or add any of their newer features.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Just doesn't make any sense...for lots of reasons. But we'll see.
    I actually had heard there was a major change in ownership coming very soon from a source that is very trustworthy and is in a position to know. But yes I hear the 7-11 stranglehold will be changing wildly very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by EBAH View Post
    I actually had heard there was a major change in ownership coming very soon from a source that is very trustworthy and is in a position to know. But yes I hear the 7-11 stranglehold will be changing wildly very soon.
    Wow. Right in the midst of all these rebuilds and new store concepts. If "national" 7-11 is new owner, what will they do with these stores that don't match their corporate theming? Why would local 7-11 bail? I mean, may make perfect businss sense on the inside, but from the outside its a head-scratcher.

Maybe Oncue has been more disruptive then we thought which would make sense. They have been up and up while 7-11 has been slow to react.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Maybe Oncue has been more disruptive then we thought which would make sense. They have been up and up while 7-11 has been slow to react.
    We use to go to 7 Eleven for gas all the time, it was and still is the closest fuel location to our neighborhood. The 7 Eleven store, while built from the ground up a few years ago, is one of the typical white wall, brown floor, white fluorescent lighting that most of the other stores mirror.

Ever since OnCue opened up a location a mile down the road, 7 Eleven Stores aren't even on our radar. We drive twice as far (2 miles compared to 1 mile) for the OnCue experience.

Additionally, OnCue's attention to items like food, snacks, and fountain drinks, usually means they will not only get our gas purchase, but anywhere from $2-$7 additional in "c-store" items since the overall experience is better. When we went to 7 Eleven, I think we went in twice, both experiences gave us no reason to step foot into the store again for food or fountain drink purchases.

I applaud OnCue's efforts for filling the OKC "QuikTrip" void with a very positive and innovative experience for their guests. They seem to put a lot of effort and capital into their store locations and upkeep, and it appears they have developed a very local loyal following.

^

Yep, I've always disliked the local 7 Elevens for their cluttered and seemingly dirty stores and a general standard that is far below what you see in most similar chains.

Now, I'll got out of my way for OnCue and don't think I've been to a 7 Eleven in years now and may never again.

I’ve had a slightly different experience with the 7-11 on May and NW 150th and the OnCue a mile south.

The 7-11 is always clean, folks are always friendly, and they usually do a good job rotating out the roller grill stock while the OnCue items have some high mileage on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

Yep, I've always disliked the local 7 Elevens for their cluttered and seemingly dirty stores and a general standard that is far below what you see in most similar chains.

Now, I'll got out of my way for OnCue and don't think I've been to a 7 Eleven in years now and may never again.
    Ditto.

Of course I'll say I was never much of a 7-11 guy.

16. Default Re: 7 Eleven

^

I live close to the 7 Eleven on Western, so I go there occasionally because of convenience. When the NW Expressway OnCue gets built, I will likely never visit a & Eleven again.

OnCue is making it easy to avoid 7/11 because they are all over now and I pretty much have their locations memorized.

BTW, there are 2 new OnCues formally in the works and I'll post the exact locations in a bit. There are several others that where they are still trying to finalize the real estate deals.

Is the one at the SE corner of the Kilpatrick Turnpike and 39th in real estate hell? There's been a sign there for quite some time saying "coming soon" with absolutely zero signs of activity. I'll admit it's been a month or so since I've been that way, maybe they finally started work since.

OnCue is making it easy to avoid 7/11 because they are all over now and I pretty much have their locations memorized.

BTW, there are 2 new OnCues formally in the works and I'll post the exact locations in a bit. There are several others that where they are still trying to finalize the real estate deals.
    I'm really hoping for somewhere on western Memorial.

So if local 7/11 is out, and national (or someone else) takes over, does that open the market up for QuikTrip? Have always heard they stayed out of OKC as respect for local 7/11 (some relationship between ownership). Or do you think it's too late for them now that OnCue has come in, essentially with their model, and is starting to dominate?

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    I'm really hoping for somewhere on western Memorial.
    Sorry, don't mean to derail the thread, but read a Gazette article last night about the 2 new Poke restaurants going in on 23rd, and realized that pretty soon, you're going to be asked if you're associated with them - Okie Poke and Oki Poke.

QT would have a tough time coming to the metro now. While there is a considerable difference between 7-11 and On Cue, I do not think there would be as a compelling reason to choose QT over an On Cue.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnb911 View Post
    So if local 7/11 is out, and national (or someone else) takes over, does that open the market up for QuikTrip? Have always heard they stayed out of OKC as respect for local 7/11 (some relationship between ownership). Or do you think it's too late for them now that OnCue has come in, essentially with their model, and is starting to dominate?
    Hmmm....as with anything, it's always for sale, if the price is right.

If QuikTrip wanted, they could probably buy-out OnCue's OKC stores. I would think most of the stores could easily convert to QuickTrip's Gen 2 and Gen 3 store models.

However, since QuikTrip's attention to detail about how the stores interior and exterior look and are laid out, they could could come in and compete with OnCue as well. In the other markets QT is in, they go head to head with other C-Store chains that attempt to offer similar experiences. Kum & Go in Tulsa, and RaceTrac in DFW come to mind.

With QT stores in Tulsa, Dallas, and Wichita, the move into the OKC market with a supply chain would seem to be easy. With the amount of research and traffic counts QuikTrip does before every store build, I would not be surprised if they have already scouted out OKC locations, if the opportunity came available. They appear to be an insanely smart company when it comes to how to make a store profitable.

*The story I have heard about the QuikTrip and the local OKC 7 Eleven chain "agreement" is that QuikTrip's founder, Chester Cadieux, received a lot of business advice from OKC 7 Eleven's Bill Brown when he was starting the QT store in concept in Tulsa. Therefore, the agreement was that Cadieux wouldn't compete in OKC.

Chester Cadieux and Bill Brown both passed away in 2016. Chester's son, Chet continues to oversee QT, much like Jim Brown oversee's OKC 7 Eleven.

QT would also be competing with a "new" 7-11 that has deep pockets and local name recognition. I can't imagine the new 7-11 would put there name on anything less than stores with the same quality as the latest offerings.

If something does change with the 7-11 ownership, it can only be a good thing IMO.

Thread Information