Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 Eleven

Default Re: 7 Eleven

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    The new store on 122nd and Pennsylvania has gone downhill. The shelves are dirty and not stocked and the cashiers are rude. It seems not a lot has changed. When the store was located across the street, they had the same problems. Oncue will continue to get my business.
    Same with the one at NE 36th and Santa Fe. But then again I'm not surprised considering the parts of town they're in. The OnCue at 23rd and Santa Fe is always in tip-top condition. Nearly every time I've stopped in there an employee is cleaning something.

Very different culture in the two organizations.

Suddenly, 7-11 wants to act like they care about their stores and customers but building a few new locations can't change decades of neglect... And of course, it all comes from the top and that hasn't changed at all.

From the day OnCue opened they have done things completely differently. Now, I'll go out of my way to give my money to OnCue and don't think I've spent a dime in a 7-11 since I moved back.

3. Default Re: 7 Eleven

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    Same with the one at NE 36th and Santa Fe. But then again I'm not surprised considering the parts of town they're in. The OnCue at 23rd and Santa Fe is always in tip-top condition. Nearly every time I've stopped in there an employee is cleaning something.
    I've wondered about this. The new, big stores seem to go downhill fast. SW 29th & Meridian, which is an OLD store. Has someone almost constantly cleaning. Even to the point of not checking out customers as fast as they should.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Very different culture in the two organizations.

Suddenly, 7-11 wants to act like they care about their stores and customers but building a few new locations can't change decades of neglect... And of course, it all comes from the top and that hasn't changed at all.

From the day OnCue opened they have done things completely differently. Now, I'll go out of my way to give my money to OnCue and don't think I've spent a dime in a 7-11 since I moved back.
    Exactly.

You can polish a turd, but it's still a piece of s***!

Interesting. I'm in that 7-11 literally every day, and have never seen what you are speaking of. The staff is courteous and always cleaning/stocking/straightening shelves. The OnCue on Santa Fe is also nice, but the amount of times I've been approached for money and the disgusting state of their bathrooms turned me off long ago.

Not sure if it's confirmation bias, since many on here love OnCue, but I'd be interested to hear more about how the brand new store at 36th has "gone downhill."

Maybe I'm the only one who likes going to 7-11. Their prices are better, they seem to pay their employees better, and the employees at the two 7-11s I frequent (46th and N. Western & 36th and Santa Fe) are always friendly and will even interact with my children. Most of the stores are a bit dated, but when I am getting gas and a can of pop I could care less. OnCue has nice stores, but I just don't think they make that much difference. Best part of OnCue is getting gs without getting wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Goon View Post
    Interesting. I'm in that 7-11 literally every day, and have never seen what you are speaking of. The staff is courteous and always cleaning/stocking/straightening shelves. The OnCue on Santa Fe is also nice, but the amount of times I've been approached for money and the disgusting state of their bathrooms turned me off long ago.

Not sure if it's confirmation bias, since many on here love OnCue, but I'd be interested to hear more about how the brand new store at 36th has "gone downhill."
    Okay, GOON. I've been in about three times in the last month with my kids to get Slurpees and each time I've gone in there I've walked on sticky-a$$ floors in the area. Straw trash was everywhere and even one time we observed a customer knocking her Slurpee overflow onto the counter, laughing with her friends, and walking off and leaving it. I didn't say anything about the customer service. There ya go! First hand experience.

Okay, GOON. I've been in about three times in the last month with my kids to get Slurpees and each time I've gone in there I've walked on sticky-a$$ floors in the area. Straw trash was everywhere and even one time we observed a customer knocking her Slurpee overflow onto the counter, laughing with her friends, and walking off and leaving it. I didn't say anything about the customer service. There ya go! First hand experience.
    Thanks for the reply. I've yet to see a mess, but probably because the 1-2 times i'm in there each day, there is at least 1 employee with a rag wiping the area you speak of. But then, we must have gone at different times.

Conversely, I've had the pleasure of walking into the Santa Fe OnCue bathroom that had standing urine in all the stalls, and a worker who seemed more interested in what potency of marijuana he could buy from his dealer (at least according to the call I heard him on) than doing something about it.

Like I said, personal experience drives preference. I haven't seen what you saw, and visa versa. Just don't think it's fair to characterize a store that's literally been open 3 months as "going downhill" because your kids stepped in someone else's slurpee mess. I had several negative experiences at the Santa Fe Oncue, but wouldn't go as far as to say it's gone downhill...it just won't receive any more of my business.

^

OnCue's business model of having wide open bathrooms works against them at that 23rd & Santa Fe location.

Lots of vagrants hang around there, no doubt due to this reason. Still, I've been in there several times and never had a problem with the restrooms, nor have I at any of their locations.

The 46th and Western 7-11 I wish had a bit more options, but being a 2-3 minute walk from my house I can say that as frequently as I use it, it has never really treated me poorly. And they're almost always fully stocked, but that may be because it's a smaller store or the items I try and get are generally pretty standard.

The new 7-11 at 4th and Telephone in Moore is representative of their response to OnCue and while it's very nice, I still think it falls about a furlong short of where OnCue has moved the bar. Nicer selection, nicer format, but OnCue is still much preferred in my book.

http://m.newsok.com/article/5515969

William C. “Bill” Brown, founder of Oklahoma City-based 7-Eleven Stores, died Thursday in his home. He was 89.
    I don't know how much he was currently contributing to the stores but it will be worth watching to see if anything changes in how they continue.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    http://m.newsok.com/article/5515969

I don't know how much he was currently contributing to the stores but it will be worth watching to see if anything changes in how they continue.
    QuikTrip to OKC? A man can dream, ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    I guess that would be nice. I see literally no benefit of QT over OnCue, but what would be cool if we actually got the real 7 Eleven's as they would likely locate in Deep Deuce and other urban areas the OKC ones tend to stay out of or build car oriented stores in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    My understanding is will never happen as long as the Brown family is still in the business. QT made a very nice statement.

His son Jim has been president and CEO for some time.

I doubt much will change.

And of course, it all comes from the top and that hasn't changed at all.
    Pretty much this, the company has struggled since Mr. Brown retired.
    Issues that weren't obvious are beginning to bear their fruit.
    Kindness in giving friends & relatives a chance has turned into nepotism with incompetent supervisors, clerks and office help.
    The stresses from competition and funds spent to keep up seem to be to showing up in the number of employees in a store, hours worked by those on salary as well as compensation (bonuses) to management.
    Basically they seem to be running their good managers & supervisors off and replacing them with high school kids.
    My understanding is they are relying on an out of state consulting group that may not have a full grasp of the picture.

Last week I went to the 7-Eleven at 23rd and MacArthur to grab a bag of ice. There were two operating registers, so I got in one of the lines with just one customer ahead of me. After the cashier checked the man out ahead of me, she looked right at me and left the register area. I looked back and saw her grab a mop and start mopping, while glaring at me as I stood in a line with no cashier, and a line forming behind me. It was a very deliberate "f*ck you", for no apparent reason. It's where I usually filled up my vehicles regularly, but that situation has compelled me to become a full time On Cue customer.

Federal agency sues Oklahoma 7-Eleven stores over policies on disabled workers
    http://newsok.com/article/5520915

Just took out a series of building permits to construct a new store on the SE corner of Rockwell and Memorial / Turnpike.

I'm sure it will be one of their new-style concepts.

Just took out a series of building permits to construct a new store on the SE corner of Rockwell and Memorial / Turnpike.

I'm sure it will be one of their new-style concepts.
    Great! I had saw and posted that they owned the land but didn't know when they planned to actually build there. This will have them open before the deer crest marketplace gets going. They will be ready for the increased traffic in the area.

This will easily get me back into 7-11 from OnCue. Not a lot of gas stations, much less good ones, in that area.

At least 7-11 is trying, but OnCue is still eating their lunch.

Ugh. Still nothing at 23rd and Council. Maybe OnCue will buy the land there and put something in.

SW 29th & Council:

Thread Information