Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 Eleven

Default Re: 7 Eleven

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    Eh, I still go to 7-eleven because their employees are a heck of a lot better than what I find at oncue. Perhaps it's just an east side thing but the oncues in the mid-del area are staffed by some less than eager beaver types. All I want is to get in and out with the least amount of frustration possible and as of now 7-11 scratches that itch.
    Not sure if they still do or not, but at one time they put their managers through the Dale Carnegie courses, which isn't a cheap investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
    Not sure if they still do or not, but at one time they put their managers through the Dale Carnegie courses, which isn't a cheap investment.
    No question that the Brown's 7-Eleven have invested in their employees. They are paid much better than the national 7-Eleven chain in Dallas. That's why you see so many longterm employees at these 7-Eleven stores. The Brown's also do some weird things, but I respect that they follow their values for better or worse. It's hard to argue with the benefits they offer their employees, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    Interesting. They threw out some names towards the end, one they said was Mustang. I wonder if they are going to build another one, since the one they have now isn't that old and on the far side of town.
    If they ever improve the left turn situation from Mustang to Yukon that location will get a more business.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    I am not inside any of the c-stores very often. Simply because I am not without girth.
    Kevin,
    I like your choice of words. I think I will quit saying that I am "fat" and start saying "not without girth".
    C. T.

Noticed on Friday, February 19th that the fuel pumps were being installed at the new 7 Eleven at NE 36th St & Santa Fe Ave.

The new NW 122nd St & N Pennsylvania Ave. store looks to be just days away from opening.

Are they planning on keeping the older store a the corner of 122nd and Penn? Not sure why they would. I was wondering because I noticed just yesterday that the company has recently (sometime within the last several months) upgraded the awning over the pump area with their newer color scheme/look. I don't think it's always had that newer look, however I may be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    Are they planning on keeping the older store a the corner of 122nd and Penn? Not sure why they would. I was wondering because I noticed just yesterday that the company has recently (sometime within the last several months) upgraded the awning over the pump area with their newer color scheme/look. I don't think it's always had that newer look, however I may be wrong.
    They updated that awning about 1.5 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    They updated that awning about 1.5 years ago
    Oh wow! I didn't realize it had been that long since I had driven through there. Thanks.

The new 7-11 on 122nd and Penn is now open. Drove by at 6 this morning and the old location was still open. By the time I drove home today, the signs and pumps were removed from the old location and the new store was open.

That old location on 122nd and Penn was a nightmare to get out of. I've witnessed so many near misses with people trying to turn left onto 122nd. So glad it's closed.

Apologies if this has been posted already, but I didn't see it in the last several posts: The new-format location at SW 4th and Telephone Rd in Moore is now open.

Drove by the new NE 36th St & Santa Fe Ave. location yesterday and saw a flurry of activity with work vehicles packed in the parking lot. The 7-Eleven signage is up and I would not be surprised if this new location opens before Easter.

Any word on the site at NW 23rd and Council? They cleared it 5 or 6 months ago I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by chestercheetah View Post
    Any word on the site at NW 23rd and Council? They cleared it 5 or 6 months ago I believe.
    I go by there every week as I have family nearby and there hasn't been any movement in months.

16. Default Re: 7 Eleven

I drove by the new location at 36th and Santa Fe yesterday and it was open and crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I go by there every week as I have family nearby and there hasn't been any movement in months.
    I live close to PC West, right off 23rd. Its the only construction excitement around here. Other than Dollar General LOL.

It looks like the 7 Eleven at 2nd St. and Coltrane in Edmond will finally get underway.

http://agenda.edmondok.com:8085/agen...#ReturnTo36141

I wonder if Norman will be getting the new 7-11's.

20. Default Re: 7 Eleven

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Drove by the new NE 36th St & Santa Fe Ave. location yesterday and saw a flurry of activity with work vehicles packed in the parking lot. The 7-Eleven signage is up and I would not be surprised if this new location opens before Easter.
    It opened last Monday. It was amazing how much work they did in the last two or three weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerman View Post
    I wonder if Norman will be getting the new 7-11's.
    There are a few in Norman, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    There are a few in Norman, no?
    My curiousisty led me to find out 7/11 owns land at the corner of memorial and Rockwell. They bought the lot on the southeast corner of this intersection in 2013. So I guess they have a store planned for this location once this area starts developing.

I'm excited to know this as this is just down the road from me

I can't wait for memorial and rockwell. As much as I'd prefer OnCue now, I can't argue with the proximity.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    I can't wait for memorial and rockwell. As much as I'd prefer OnCue now, I can't argue with the proximity.
    I bet they will start this location when the development on the north side starts or is close to completion.

The new store on 122nd and Pennsylvania has gone downhill. The shelves are dirty and not stocked and the cashiers are rude. It seems not a lot has changed. When the store was located across the street, they had the same problems. Oncue will continue to get my business.

Thread Information