Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 Eleven

Default Re: 7 Eleven

Believe they will soon be starting on a new concept location at the SW corner of Reno & Meridian.

Currently that parcel is vacant.

Steelwork is going up for the SW 4th and Telephone location in Moore. Nice to see that location finally getting rebuilt (and hopefully with a proper storm shelter, too!).

A wrecking company is clearing the site at NW 23rd and Council.

Is the northeast corner of NE 36th St & Santa Fe going to be a 7-Eleven? Drove by there today and was amazed how fast construction has progressed.

It appears so... Only part of that land is owned by 7-Eleven, so there must be some sort of lease agreement with the owner of the land on the immediate corner.

Quote Originally Posted by loveOKC View Post
    I've always wondered why there are no 7-elevens on the eastside of OKC
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Is the northeast corner of NE 36th St & Santa Fe going to be a 7-Eleven? Drove by there today and was amazed how fast construction has progressed.
    Ask and you shall receive

Hefner & 122nd:

8. Default Re: 7 Eleven

With OnCue going up across the intersection and this 7-11 getting a refresh, this corner will look a lot better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Hefner & 122nd:

You mean Penn and 122nd.

^

Yes, thanks.

Bad photo but looks like they are complete at Hefner & May:

I've been inside a couple times and it's so much different than their other stores. I've been in the NW expressway store as well and while I liked it, there was something about this one I liked better. I think oncue coming into the city and raising the quality really forced 7/11 to compete and it's amazing what competition causes.

Quote Originally Posted by hfry View Post
    I think oncue coming into the city and raising the quality really forced 7/11 to compete and it's amazing what competition causes.
    I agree, although I do everything that I can to avoid stepping foot inside 7-Eleven these days. As a budgeting consumer in these hard financial times, I expect retailers to compete for my money. I realize that, by writing that, I could be perceived as snotty, but it's how I feel. I'm a middle-class citizen; I don't have money to just throw around. So I feel - for lack of a better word at the moment - disrespected at the notion that the 7-Eleven chain expected me (and others) to spend our hard-earned dollars at its locations while knowing that it could easily do better.

The folks at 7-Eleven saw what QT had to offer, and they apparently felt that the citizens of OKC weren't worth the investment - especially since QT wasn't a threat. But now that OnCue has come on board, 7-Eleven suddenly cares about the customer experience. Do the 7-Eleven folks really care about the customers' experience, or do they care about being driven into the ground by competition? I suppose that it's possible that 7-Eleven couldn't afford to make the upgrades, but I have my doubts about such a proposition.

It reminds me of my buddy's marriage. After marriage, his wife just let herself go. I'm not talking about experiencing difficultly shedding weight after a pregnancy. I'm talking about a woman who just seemed to completely stop caring about her appearance after they had married. Well, she cared once another woman started to draw his attention because of her looks. So did the wife really care about her husband's happiness, or did she care only about the possibility of losing him to another woman who did care? For the record, my buddy claims to have never cheated. But it's unfortunate that competition had to be introduced before the other side decided to take the initiative to care again, if at all.

Whew. I feel better now. Having said all of that, I apologize if my analogy is considered to be offensive or even "misogynistic." My analogy is also applicable to men or any other demographic which seems to get by on apathy towards the happiness of other people. Needless to say, as a middle-class consumer who does the Dave Ramsey deal (pay cash for everything, invest, invest, invest), I'll spend my money where I feel that my experience matters: OnCue and QT (when in T-town). End rant.
    ...this shortest straw has been pulled for you

^

I agree and there is the inevitable backlash when an enterprise only ups their game due to competition.

Other examples: Homeland and Cox Cable.

All three of these business will have plenty of people would will stop patronizing them as soon as there is a legit competitor and in all these cases that is in the process of happening.

I go out of my way to shop at OnCue and will sign up for Google Fiber the first day I can and I wouldn't care if Cox or 7 Eleven started giving things away.

^I go out of my way to shop at OnCue and will sign up for Google Fiber the first day I can and I wouldn't care if Cox or 7 Eleven started giving things away.
    "like"

^

I agree and there is the inevitable backlash when an enterprise only ups their game due to competition.

Other examples: Homeland and Cox Cable.

All three of these business will have plenty of people would will stop patronizing them as soon as there is a legit competitor and in all these cases that is in the process of happening.

I go out of my way to shop at OnCue and will sign up for Google Fiber the first day I can and I wouldn't care if Cox or 7 Eleven started giving things away.
    *waves hands in the air* Preach on, Brother Pete! Testify, Brother AFCM!

I actively avoid 7-Eleven now that the OnCue in Mustang has opened...and the 'new' 7-Eleven in Mustang wasn't even really that bad. It's just the entire attitude they've had for years. "Up yours, we have a lock on the market in OKC and there's nothing you can do about it!". Then OnCue looks at the huge gaping void in OKC and says "QT, if you won't fill it we will" and they are absolutely KILLING IT. Other gas stations in Mustang took the 7-Eleven attitude of "what are you going to do about it?" and crapped themselves the day OnCue opened. One even had a sign saying "Don't send your money out of town, keep it in Mustang!"

Confession time...I actually recently looked at Cox again. Dish made a fatal error and sent me looking (they eventually corrected the error). Bottom line, I just simply could not get into bed with them again. The 'official' answer to their piece of crap tuning adapter is 'reset it every two weeks'. They even suggest getting a lamp timer to save yourself the trouble. Oh, I saved myself the trouble all right. I'm putting up with the crap for internet and internet only until the day the Google truck self-drives to my front door. On that day, I am going to tell them exactly where they can shove their cable, in very specific and explicit terms. At this point in time there is nothing they can do to prevent it unless someone discovers time travel and they go back a few years and stop sucking THEN. Stopping sucking only when someone steals your lunch is not an option.

Backlash indeed. More like backdraft, cause it is riding a wave of flame.

I mentioned this before but on a recent trip to Norman via the north campus (Flood) exit, the new OnCue a fair bit north of Robinson was absolutely slammed. I'd say 30 to 40 cars.

South of there at the relatively new 7 Eleven and at the much better location at the intersection of Robinson, there were zero cars. None.

Even though the one in Norman is completely out of my way, I try to only go to OnCue.

AFCM, that is one of the greatest posts I've read on here in a long, long time. You perfectly summed up my feelings as well and said them much more eloquently. 7-11 took advantage of us for years because we really had no other choice. Now when we have a choice, they decide they want to be like the new game in town. Which, by the way, STILL aren't as good as OnCues. They still don't have the canopy that extends from the pumps to the doors. On rainy days, that is a huge perk. So when 7-11 tried to up their game, they still didn't quite get it right. Their loss. I for one cannot wait for them to go the way of the Dodo. And it's all their own fault.

The magic of OnCue is that it makes getting gas a, dare a say, more pleasant experience that it usually is. I often will go inside to get a freezecue or maybe a snack. What can I say, I am a sucker for the Slim Jims....

Quote Originally Posted by foodiefan View Post
    "like"
    Why are there likes in some threads, but not others? It could be a topic difference, but I wouldn't notice it cause I open the "latest posts" tab.

21. Default Re: 7 Eleven

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    Why are there likes in some threads, but not others? It could be a topic difference, but I wouldn't notice it cause I open the "latest posts" tab.
    Some threads are wiki entries and can't get the like function injected into them.

Eh, I still go to 7-eleven because their employees are a heck of a lot better than what I find at oncue. Perhaps it's just an east side thing but the oncues in the mid-del area are staffed by some less than eager beaver types. All I want is to get in and out with the least amount of frustration possible and as of now 7-11 scratches that itch.

NW 122nd & Penn:

Nothing 7-11 related, but I'd bet we passed you a couple of times driving around today, Pete, saw the same stuff you posted about and thought "Hmm, that's coming along", lol....

I am not inside any of the c-stores very often. Simply because I am not without girth. Once I am in a vehicle, I get comfortable and tend to remain in until my destination is reached.

I frequent two of the newer 7/11's in Norman, as they are near where I tend to be going. But if I mainly want a drink, and a McD's is also close, I will hit a drive through instead of a 7/11.

I frequent the OnCue at Flood/Tecumseh whenever I am headed north, whether it is to Moore, OKC, or other points north or out I-40 one way or the other.
    The DT folks at OnCue are rather personable. and pulling through tends to remind me to double check whether gas is needed before heading out.

Thread Information