Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 Eleven

Default Re: 7 Eleven

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    There's been one on Broadway south of Kellogg for a couple of years or so.
    I don't venture south of Kellogg much while I'm here, inlaws are over around 13th and Rock. The one I saw was over on Webb south of Kellogg.

2. Default Re: 7 Eleven

Yeah, when I say south of Kellogg I mean IMMEDIATELY south, like 100' south. It's essentially downtown.

The first new-concept 7 Eleven opened this morning on the southwest corner of NW Expressway and MacArthur.

Outdoor seating, much nicer more expansive interior and made-to-order pizza. Thanks to warreng88 for the photos:

Also, they will be doing a major upgrade to their location on the northwest corner of May & Hefner, no doubt due to OnCue planning a new location on the southeast corner of that intersection.

The building will keep the same footprint but the entire interior will be gutted and configured much like their new-concept locations and the exterior will get a similar update.

Was in today. Remarkable answer to OnCue from the Brown's 7-Eleven. Very, very nice.

It looks more like a real 7-Eleven. The Browns are *seriously* late to the game, but it looks like they've done a fine job of getting on the OnCue/QuikTrip level. It's way out of my way, but I might have to find an excuse to check this new concept store out.

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    It looks more like a real 7-Eleven. The Browns are *seriously* late to the game, but it looks like they've done a fine job of getting on the OnCue/QuikTrip level. It's way out of my way, but I might have to find an excuse to check this new concept store out.
    Personally, I'm incredibly fond of their operation at 36th and Penn. That place sets the standard.

Other quality locations are noted here:

The 10 worst 7-Elevens in the OKC Metro | The Lost Ogle

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
    Personally, I'm incredibly fond of their operation at 36th and Penn. That place sets the standard.

Other quality locations are noted here:

The 10 worst 7-Elevens in the OKC Metro | The Lost Ogle

Back in the day I worked at the one at NW 32 and Classen for a stint and surprised it didn't make the list. The manager had 2 things under the counter, a baseball bat, and a brick for gas drive offs.

Props to the Brown's who gave out free icy's on 7-11 day like the rest of the 7-11's do on July 11. I guess the Brown family is feeling a little heat in the cs marketplace.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Props to the Brown's who gave out free icy's on 7-11 day like the rest of the 7-11's do on July 11. I guess the Brown family is feeling a little heat in the cs marketplace.
    I agree with the props! We stopped and it sure was nice on a hot day. I believe this is the first time they have ever participated on the same day as the national 7-Eleven's.

If the Browns are finally warming up to the idea of following national promotions, then kudos to them. The BF and I snagged our free icy's and it was a great treat!

The umbrella, table, bench combo would be great for a public park. If it were me, I wouldn't install one in front of a convenience store. There are some people out there that you just don't want hanging around the entrance of a 7-Eleven.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    The umbrella, table, bench combo would be great for a public park. If it were me, I wouldn't install one in front of a convenience store. There are some people out there that you just don't want hanging around the entrance of a 7-Eleven.
    It will be interesting to see what kind of people will be hanging out at the future 122nd and Penn location. 7-11 may remove those tables in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    Interesting. They threw out some names towards the end, one they said was Mustang. I wonder if they are going to build another one, since the one they have now isn't that old and on the far side of town.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    Interesting. They threw out some names towards the end, one they said was Mustang. I wonder if they are going to build another one, since the one they have now isn't that old and on the far side of town.
    They may build another one, but I imagine a lot of existing stores will receive full remodels like the one that is about to get one on Hefner and May.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    They may build another one, but I imagine a lot of existing stores will receive full remodels like the one that is about to get one on Hefner and May.
    Yep. It will be a combination of new construction and renovations.

The article failed to mention the new 7-11 under construction on the NE corner of 23rd & Council.

Yeah, reason I said that is since they are building an OnCue on the East side of town, I really see them building one on the East side since there isn't one. There is kind of a gap between the one on SH152&92 and the one on Council just North of SW44th.

Steel structure is up for the 122nd and Penn location.

Doesn't look like they have started on the remodel on the Hefner and May location, but the lease space is now vacant since 7-11 is going to use the entire building. A lot of liquor stores are going too have to find new locations as 7-11 remodels existing stores over the next few years. lol

The building permit for May & Hefner hasn't quite been issued yet but I'm sure they'll start work once it is.

Steel structure is up for the 122nd and Penn location.

Doesn't look like they have started on the remodel on the Hefner and May location, but the lease space is now vacant since 7-11 is going to use the entire building. A lot of liquor stores are going too have to find new locations as 7-11 remodels existing stores over the next few years. lol
    Must have missed it, but is it confirmed that 7-Eleven is relocating across the street to the northeast corner of this intersection? If so, what's going to happen with their current store? Looked as if they were going to remodel it, as I saw a new awning there.

Quote Originally Posted by soonermike81 View Post
    Must have missed it, but is it confirmed that 7-Eleven is relocating across the street to the northeast corner of this intersection? If so, what's going to happen with their current store? Looked as if they were going to remodel it, as I saw a new awning there.
    It is confirmed to be one of their new concept stores. I'm assuming they will most likely close the smaller store across the street.

Does anyone know if the new 7-11 to be built on the NW corner of NW 23rd and Council is to become a new concept version?

Quote Originally Posted by chestercheetah View Post
    Does anyone know if the new 7-11 to be built on the NW corner of NW 23rd and Council is to become a new concept version?
    I'm quite sure it will be.

I think every new store is going to be the new concept according to this article. Relevant quote:

“We never intended not to open it,” said 7-Eleven Stores President and CEO Jim Brown. “As far as the store itself, the timing wasn't good. We lost that store when we were in the middle of a project to design this new prototype, and we had already drawn the line and decided that we were not going to build anymore of the older style stores.”

Thread Information