Widgets Magazine
Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 Eleven

Default Re: 7 Eleven

Word around the hood is that a 7-11 is being built on the NW corner of NW 178th & May, along with a Taco Bell and Starbucks. This was supposedly confirmed by the tenant landlord (or whatever appropriate term is generally used for that purpose) for that tract of land or those businesses. There is a lot of space for other businesses no hints yet on what will be there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	212422413_10105372400568431_8116716862961588008_n.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	16975

Looks like 7-11 is going to convert the old Valero on the SW corner of NE 23rd and Kelly to one of its stores.

This is a smaller piece of property and they will not be able to build on the scale they had been under local ownership.

It may signal that future locations will be smaller since the corporate parent now owns.

Noticed this morning that the location they bought out at Piedmont Road & NW Expressway is apparently going to operate as a Phillips 66 with a 7-Eleven branded convenience store, but not 7-Eleven branded gasoline. This is similar to what you'll find in cities such as Dallas and Denver that have always had the corporate ownership.

Correct me if I’m wrong but the “corporate” 7-11’s are franchised right? So the entire OKC will be one franchise or will they be sold off?

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Noticed this morning that the location they bought out at Piedmont Road & NW Expressway is apparently going to operate as a Phillips 66 with a 7-Eleven branded convenience store, but not 7-Eleven branded gasoline. This is similar to what you'll find in cities such as Dallas and Denver that have always had the corporate ownership.
    This would be great. Their lower-tiered gasoline is the only reason I don't fill up at 7-11s ever, and thus don't ever go in to purchase other items.

7-11 took over the c-store that was located on Reno and Midwest Blvd. McDonald's was previously attached to the location but has since moved next to WinCo. Signage is already up and there is a lot of activity from workers getting the building ready for the future grand opening.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    Word around the hood is that a 7-11 is being built on the NW corner of NW 178th & May, along with a Taco Bell and Starbucks. This was supposedly confirmed by the tenant landlord (or whatever appropriate term is generally used for that purpose) for that tract of land or those businesses. There is a lot of space for other businesses no hints yet on what will be there.
    Plans are out for this location with a physical address of 17901 N. May Ave. Approximately 4,700 square feet with a Laredo Taco and indoor seating.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_M View Post
    Plans are out for this location with a physical address of 17901 N. May Ave. Approximately 4,700 square feet with a Laredo Taco and indoor seating.

I'm scratching my head on this one....this store, while new, seems small?

Also, they have another store just a mile away at 164th and May, and if you lived in any of these neighborhoods, you just went the extra mile to that store?

Seems they are only going to be taking away existing business from that location? Those that prefer OnCue, Casey's, etc will still drive past this 7-11 to go to those stores.

^

They have filed plans for several new stores since 7-11 corporate gained ownership.

All of them are exactly like this one. I don't think they'll be doing any of the large locations that the Browns built at the tail end of their ownership.

This is the 7-11 planned for the SW corner of NE 23rd & Kelly.

You can see in addition to Laredo Taco they will also have a food service called Raise the Roost Chicken & Biscuits. You can read about it here: https://www.foodandwine.com/news/rai...its-restaurant .

They will be doing the same at the location at NW 10th & MacArthur.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This is the 7-11 planned for the SW corner of NE 23rd & Kelly.

You can see in addition to Laredo Taco they will also have a food service called Raise the Roost Chicken & Biscuits. You can read about it here: https://www.foodandwine.com/news/rai...its-restaurant .

They will be doing the same at the location at NW 10th & MacArthur.

Oh wow, this will be a MASSIVE improvement for that corner! I'd purposefully go out of my way to avoid that old Capitol Square station when I worked in the area because that place never seemed clean or in good repair. I do kinda find it interesting that despite this being a scrape and rebuild, the overall site plan shows the new site layout will be substantially similar to what's there today in terms of building size and placement - I would have thought that they could have better utilized the space by turning the building sideways and pushing it up against the west property line, but maybe that's just unnecessary with the size of the new ownership's typical stores.

^

Yes, all the corporate stores that have been proposed since the buyout have been smaller than the new concept 7-11's the Browns had been building.

Two new 7-11 locations going into the following locations. Both will also have a Laredo Taco and are approximately 4,700 square feet. These two don't appear to have the Raise the Roost Chicken & Biscuits that Pete mentioned in his last post.

4500 W. Reno Ave - SW corner of Reno and Meridian
    728 E. Memorial Rd - SW corner of Memorial and Broadway Extension

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_M View Post
    Two new 7-11 locations going into the following locations. Both will also have a Laredo Taco and are approximately 4,700 square feet. These two don't appear to have the Raise the Roost Chicken & Biscuits that Pete mentioned in his last post.

4500 W. Reno Ave - SW corner of Reno and Meridian
    728 E. Memorial Rd - SW corner of Memorial and Broadway Extension
    There is already a fairly new large 7-11 already on E Memorial maybe 1/8-1/4 of a mile to the east of 728 E Memorial, just east of Kelly, so this is interesting.

7-11 is taking over the Valero on the SW corner of Memorial and McArthur and the Conoco on the NW corner of Memorial and May.

Will the liquor store remain there? Didn't the new owners kick out the liquor stores or the weed stores?

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    Will the liquor store remain there? Didn't the new owners kick out the liquor stores or the weed stores?
    The old owners kicked out liquor stores due to the law changes where they could sell wine and high point beer. Corporate 7-11 likely couldn't care less.

^

They have filed plans for several new stores since 7-11 corporate gained ownership.

All of them are exactly like this one. I don't think they'll be doing any of the large locations that the Browns built at the tail end of their ownership.
    This is interesting, and it tells me that 7-Elevan Corporate isn't understanding our market.
    The reason the Brown Family was building larger/nicer stores is because they were getting their butts kicked by OnCue.
    If they abandon this (like it looks like they are going to do) that will not bode well for them as a formidable competitor in our market.

Quote Originally Posted by OklahomaNick View Post
    This is interesting, and it tells me that 7-Elevan Corporate isn't understanding our market.
    The reason the Brown Family was building larger/nicer stores is because they were getting their butts kicked by OnCue.
    If they abandon this (like it looks like they are going to do) that will not bode well for them as a formidable competitor in our market.
    I wouldn’t say these are that much smaller. They just aren’t adding the extra for lease spaces the Brown 7/11 group was doing. They don’t seem to have a desire to be the landlord. Many of these for lease spaces sit empty in their properties

Plans have been submitted for yet another 7-11, this time on the NW corner of SW 15th and Council.

Will include Laredo Taco.

Plans have been submitted for yet another 7-11, this time on the NW corner of SW 15th and Council.

Will include Laredo Taco.
    I wonder how much they make from Laredo.

That's weird that they would build one just a mile from another. On the other hand, that one at 29th/Council seems to get a lot of business.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    That's weird that they would build one just a mile from another. On the other hand, that one at 29th/Council seems to get a lot of business.
    Isn’t there supposed to be some sort of industrial park being built on the land around County Line Rd and SW 15th? I believe there is a huge sign on that land saying something about industrial land or buildings. Could be 7-11 way of bringing in that future business?

Quote Originally Posted by Relentless85 View Post
    Isn’t there supposed to be some sort of industrial park being built on the land around County Line Rd and SW 15th? I believe there is a huge sign on that land saying something about industrial land or buildings. Could be 7-11 way of bringing in that future business?
    I don't know about an actual industrial park, but there's been a sign up there for a large warehouse style building to be built in that farm land for months now. I've been waiting for any news on that. There is plenty of land there for an actual industrial park.

Thread Information