Widgets Magazine
Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 Eleven

Default Re: 7 Eleven

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    So, OnCue is not listed as Top Tier, but Phillips is. So WHO supplies is important. Who supplies what to 7-11? How about Sams?
    A quick way to determine is the pump will have a top tier decal affixed to the pump. On Cue and Circle K clearly identify the brand of gas they use and the sticker is on the pumps. Wal Mart, Sams, and 7-11 neither have the sticker or identify what gas company supplies them. Stick with On Cue or Circle K for branded fuel.
    https://www.oncueexpress.com/fuels

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    And most of the time OnCue's gas is only a penny higher than the gas that 7-11 sells.
    This is not true if your car requires Super Unleaded. The 7-11 near my house marks up Super Unleaded $.36 per gallon. At OnCue, you're looking at a markup of $.50 per gallon from the 100% gas price.

The new 7-11 at Rockwell/Memorial anyone know what the 2 large buildings are going up right behind it (and next to houses too)?

Steel frames are up

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    The new 7-11 at Rockwell/Memorial anyone know what the 2 large buildings are going up right behind it (and next to houses too)?

Steel frames are up
    Some type of home store. Pete has an updated post somewhere with info.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post

Steel frames are up
    https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.php?t=44624

Thanks, I missed that thread somehow.

A little birdie told me that the 7-11 at SW 29th and S. Meridian is going to get bigger or possibly a new store. It appears that they may have purchased the bowling alley next to the existing store. The bowling alley has been bored up and the parking lot has been blocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    A quick way to determine is the pump will have a top tier decal affixed to the pump. On Cue and Circle K clearly identify the brand of gas they use and the sticker is on the pumps. Wal Mart, Sams, and 7-11 neither have the sticker or identify what gas company supplies them. Stick with On Cue or Circle K for branded fuel.
    https://www.oncueexpress.com/fuels
    I've had more than one mechanic type suggest I steer clear of 7-11 gas; not necessarily because it's bad, but because the lowesst-common-denominator sourcing makes quality and consistency almost impossible to predict. And when it's bad, it's awful.

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Relentless85 View Post
    A little birdie told me that the 7-11 at SW 29th and S. Meridian is going to get bigger or possibly a new store. It appears that they may have purchased the bowling alley next to the existing store. The bowling alley has been bored up and the parking lot has been blocked.
    That was the plan but I'm told it's on hold until the merger (take over) is complete. Who know what happens then!

Quote Originally Posted by Relentless85 View Post
    I know they bought all that led with the plan of building a new corporate office. I'm sure the corporate office part of the plan is either cancelled or significantly scaled back. Not sure what kind of regional office they would need here.

Looks like 7-11 has finally given in to selling lottery tickets. Location near my house (Santa fe / Danforth) now has a machine you can use to buy powerball/mega millions tickets and the clerk said scratchers will be sold from behind the counter. Said it will be about 18 days before they begin selling. I’m guessing this is directly related to new ownership!?!

13. Default Re: 7 Eleven

Quote Originally Posted by tsou89 View Post
    Looks like 7-11 has finally given in to selling lottery tickets. Location near my house (Santa fe / Danforth) now has a machine you can use to buy powerball/mega millions tickets and the clerk said scratchers will be sold from behind the counter. Said it will be about 18 days before they begin selling. I’m guessing this is directly related to new ownership!?!
    Yes. The national chain sells lottery tickets. Local 7-11 never has (until it was bought out).

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    At least it'll be at a self-service kiosk instead of in line with a cashier. People buying lottery tickets ahead of me in line makes me crazy, especially when they sit and scratch them off, etc before clearing out.

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    At least it'll be at a self-service kiosk instead of in line with a cashier. People buying lottery tickets ahead of me in line makes me crazy, especially when they sit and scratch them off, etc before clearing out.
    Exactly. Would be nice if we could enact some type of "No Scratch" law for the convenience stores.

Scratching off in the store (especially in a nice store, like an OnCue) is completely WT and unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    Exactly. Would be nice if we could enact some type of "No Scratch" law for the convenience stores.

Scratching off in the store (especially in a nice store, like an OnCue) is completely WT and unacceptable.
    I don't really care where they do it, with the exception of making the people in line wait for them to clear the cashier slot while they sit and scratch. It'd be like a person picking out a pack of cigarettes and then standing there, opening the pack, and lighting a cigarette before moving out of the way for the next person.

Ugh.

I don't really care where they do it, with the exception of making the people in line wait for them to clear the cashier slot while they sit and scratch. It'd be like a person picking out a pack of cigarettes and then standing there, opening the pack, and lighting a cigarette before moving out of the way for the next person.

Ugh.
    All that has to happen is the clerk saying "Please move aside so the next person can check out" or (less nicely) "NEXT", you can't always rely on the public to be courteous.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    All that has to happen is the clerk saying "Please move aside so the next person can check out" or (less nicely) "NEXT", you can't always rely on the public to be courteous.
    I don't disagree.

^^^^ Or even the person behind saying the same thing the clerk would instead of just standing there fuming. I have to do that (say something, not fume) more often than I should (not at 7-11s, though, haven't walked in one of those in many years).

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    ^^^^ Or even the person behind saying the same thing the clerk would instead of just standing there fuming. I have to do that (say something, not fume) more often than I should (not at 7-11s, though, haven't walked in one of those in many years).
    I'm more of a silently fuming type.

I'm more of a silently fuming type.
    That's cool, as long as you're not fuming cigarette smoke...

Press release:

7-Eleven, Inc. Completes Acquisition of Independent Oklahoma Stores
    Store Count Nears 10,000 in the US and Canada
    NEWS PROVIDED BY 7-Eleven, Inc.
    Mar 02, 2020, 09:30 ET

IRVING, Texas, March 2, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- 7-Eleven, Inc., the premier name and largest chain in the convenience-retailing industry, today announced that it has officially closed on the acquisition of more than 100 independently operated 7-Eleven stores in central Oklahoma.

"These stores have carried the 7-Eleven name for 67 years, and today they officially join the global 7-Eleven family," said Joe DePinto, 7-Eleven President and Chief Executive Officer. "We look forward to meeting the needs of Oklahoma customers and offering them the great products and services available in stores across the country."

All stores included in this acquisition are located in the greater Oklahoma City metropolitan area, bringing the total number of 7-Eleven stores in the U.S. and Canada to almost 9,800.

7-Eleven, Inc., operates more than 70,000 stores in 17 countries globally.

About 7-Eleven, Inc.
    7‑Eleven, Inc. is the premier name and largest chain in the convenience-retailing industry. Based in Irving, Texas, 7‑Eleven operates, franchises and/or licenses more than 70,000 stores in 17 countries, including 11,800 in North America. Known for its iconic brands such as Slurpee®, Big Bite® and Big Gulp®, 7‑Eleven has expanded into high-quality sandwiches, salads, side dishes, cut fruit and protein boxes, as well as pizza, chicken wings and mini beef tacos. 7‑Eleven offers customers industry-leading private brand products under the 7-Select™ brand including healthy options, decadent treats and everyday favorites, at an outstanding value. Customers can earn and redeem points on various items in stores nationwide through its 7Rewards® loyalty program, place an order in the 7NOW® delivery app in 28 participating markets, or rely on 7-Eleven for bill payment service, self-service lockers and other convenient services. Find out more online at www.7-Eleven.com, via the 7Rewards customer loyalty platform on the 7-Eleven mobile app, or on social media at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

I wonder if they will start bringing in the Dallas 7-Eleven pastries, snacks, coffees etc.

Maybe 7-Eleven will expand towards Guthrie, Lawton, and Tulsa now.

The national chain is a little strange. They have hundreds of stores in Texas and in Florida but in states where you would think they have many, they have few. Only three 7-Elevens in Louisiana. None of which are in Baton Rouge or New Orleans. Somehow Wisconsin randomly has a few stores.

Strange locations in my opinion.

I wonder if they will start bringing in the Dallas 7-Eleven pastries, snacks, coffees etc.

Maybe 7-Eleven will expand towards Guthrie, Lawton, and Tulsa now.

The national chain is a little strange. They have hundreds of stores in Texas and in Florida but in states where you would think they have many, they have few. Only three 7-Elevens in Louisiana. None of which are in Baton Rouge or New Orleans. Somehow Wisconsin randomly has a few stores.

Strange locations in my opinion.

Thread Information