Widgets Magazine
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 Eleven

Default Re: 7 Eleven

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    Are the Dallas 7-11s an improvement over OKC?
    Everyone has their own opinion, but I would say no.

I think it makes a lot of sense for several reasons:

Company founder Mr. Brown died within the last year, or so, at around the age 90.

The Brown family who owns all the OKC area 7-11 stores are around age 50 or older.
    The OKC area stores are independent from all other 7-11 in the world.

Within the last 10 years I heard there were 120 OKC area 7-11 stores. The family owns virtually all locations.

The challenge from OnCue would demand a large financial and time commitment. This would be a good time to asses options and make a decision.

3. Default Re: 7 Eleven

Quote Originally Posted by floyd the barber View Post
    Everyone has their own opinion, but I would say no.
    Agree... The ones in Dallas depend on how long they've been there... The newer the better.

If the Dallas 7-11 group bought the OKC 7-11, I wonder if QT would come and open up some stores in OKC??

My thought is that at this point, OnCue has cornered the market to an extent that QT might not think that expanding into OKC is worth the effort. My question is...what market is OnCue going to expand to next, because I don't see them slowing down anytime soon under their current leadership group.

The "Coming Soon" sign on the NW corner of 59th and Mustang Road is looking faded. It's been up for close to two years.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    My thought is that at this point, OnCue has cornered the market to an extent that QT might not think that expanding into OKC is worth the effort. My question is...what market is OnCue going to expand to next, because I don't see them slowing down anytime soon under their current leadership group.
    How many mega gas stations do we need. At what point does it become too many.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    How many mega gas stations do we need. At what point does it become too many.
    As long as the population keeps expanding, and the population keeps buying big-a** SUVs/trucks (and the companies keep making them) like oil prices will never go up and there's an endless supply of oil, mega gas stations will keep being built.

It's the one retail establishment that almost everybody uses, and quite frequently.

Also, there are still plenty of really shabby, awful gas stations out there, so clearly there is room for more quality operations.

^^^ correct but they don’t all have to be massive mega gas stations either.

5799 South La Brea Ave, Windsor Hills, CA 90056
    https://goo.gl/maps/SibLURPiTSi2YvhN8

1798-1768 S Beverly Glen Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90024
    https://goo.gl/maps/am7PmwSpNetE479w7

Dropped pin
    Near Castle Heights, Los Angeles, CA 90034
    https://goo.gl/maps/3xoJiizZN9zNxP9G8

Those are a few examples of some very cool, nice, and intimate gas stations that aren’t huge. I like OnCue for what it’s worth. I also really like Circle K and I always seek out Shell or Mobil gas stations for fuel. ConocoPhillips isn’t bad. I refuse to fuel up a Arco, AmPM, or the like. I wish OKC had a chain like WeGotIt as many of their fueling stations are unique. OnCue is just cookie cutter and their midtown location is horrible as is this location. They should do something better.

^

Some of the AM/PM's are quite nice.

There seems to be a strong trend in that industry of being much nicer and generally larger.

I am just not a fan of their gas. The stores themselves are nice.

Oh wow, AM/PM... it's too bad Arco gas is garbage

My first choice of gas is shell or mobile. Chevron, Phillips, ConocoPhillips, or BP aren’t bad choices. 7 eleven seems to be a mixed bag having their own fuel blend or other brands they carry. I really like the new 7 eleven at Coltrane and 2nd street.

I have a friend from Egypt who I talked into moving to OKC and I’m here helping him get situated and we both went to the new OnCue at I-35 and 15th and he was in awe at the gas station. I admit I was pretty impressed too as it had to have been the nicest gas station I’ve ever been to.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    My first choice of gas is shell or mobile. Chevron, Phillips, ConocoPhillips, or BP aren’t bad choices. 7 eleven seems to be a mixed bag having their own fuel blend or other brands they carry. I really like the new 7 eleven at Coltrane and 2nd street.

I have a friend from Egypt who I talked into moving to OKC and I’m here helping him get situated and we both went to the new OnCue at I-35 and 15th and he was in awe at the gas station. I admit I was pretty impressed too as it had to have been the nicest gas station I’ve ever been to.
    I can't believe you've never been to a Buc-ee's. The one across from Texas Motor Speedway is simply astounding lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    I can't believe you've never been to a Buc-ee's. The one across from Texas Motor Speedway is simply astounding lol.
    I’ve heard of them. I need to check it out next time I’m in Dallas. It would be cool to see one here.

Go don't just go to visit a Bucee's. You go to *experience* a Bucee's. They are phenomenal.

They're what you'd get if Hobby Lobby married OnCue and had a kid. A really big kid, with fresh barbecue sandwiches during the day.

You could put maybe FOUR OnCue's in ONE Bucee's.

Ya GOTTA go see one. The newest one is in Denton just off I-35E.

My son and I were making a big deal of this place to my wife/his mom, and she was like "ok, yeah, whatever," and then she went on a trip with some girlfriends and they stopped there...she came back and said, "oh my gosh, you were right..."

Don't ever buy gas at an OKC 7-Eleven. They source the cheapest gas they can get. Stick with any of the top tier gas places... OnCue, Shell, Conoco, Phillip's 66.

I'm glad to hear that the local 7-Eleven's are being bought finally. Personally between the horrible gas and the fact that they gave us the crappiest stores all those years they were in a protected market only to start upgrading when OnCue started kicking their ass... I won't patronize any of them again.

I would doubt QT would now come to OKC given OnCue has filled the void with what is essentially a nearly identical product.

19. Default Re: 7 Eleven

The Lost Ogle seems to have confirmed this sale is taking place and employees have been informed:
    https://www.thelostogle.com/2020/01/...ate-overlords/

I think there are a few areas where QT could move in. But I won’t be safe if they don’t. What is the advantage of QT over OnCue?

This can only be a good thing, although with OnCue I never use 7/11 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by liirogue View Post
    The Lost Ogle seems to have confirmed this sale is taking place and employees have been informed:
    And QuikTrip responded to TheLostOgles tweet which I thought was cool. They definitely have gotten an earful from people over the years wanting them to expand into okc. I bet you anything they end up doing it.

If QT came here, it wouldn't hurt OnCue... It would hurt all those incredibly crappy c-stores scattered all over the city, including most the 7-11's.

Quality competition is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by liirogue View Post
    The statement that corporate 7-11 will cut employee salaries by $4/hr is alarming. If you think service is bad now...

Quote Originally Posted by BB37 View Post
    The statement that corporate 7-11 will cut employee salaries by $4/hr is alarming. If you think service is bad now...
    The Brown’s paid their people very well, treated them right. Ever wonder why so many stores have people with 15,20, even 30+ pins? Because they are paid well, are VERY loyal to the family who treats them right. There’s been problems with many of the stores, but you cannot take away the fact they have paid their people very well and were ahead of their time in doing so in that sector. If for no other reason, we should be proud of OKC stores owned since the 50s by the Brown’s. People at Dallas stores know about the independent OKC stores and their salaries and a couple I talked to were in awe. They said everyone hears about the OKC stores and their compensation.Not surprised to hear they’ve already told employees of deeply slashed wages. I’ll never go to one again after the sale.

Thread Information