Widgets Magazine
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 Eleven

Default Re: 7 Eleven

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    The store at Council and Wilshire has demolished the small space adjacent to it which had 2 businesses I believe. They might just be expanding the building from the looks of the groundwork.
    Yes, there is a sign on that property that says one of their new concept stores is planned there.

The 7-11 on MacArthur about a block south of Britton seems closed down. I only got a couple seconds to look as I drove by but it seems the gas pumps are gone and it looked empty. I'll cruise by tomorrow for a closer look.

I saw one of the tanks on a flatbed on the way to the course this evening.

Blog Entries

What I think is a 7-11 going in at Rockwell and Memorial has signage on the building - Capital Burgers/Pizza. Is that a 7-11 branding deal or a separate place if anyone knows?

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    What I think is a 7-11 going in at Rockwell and Memorial has signage on the building - Capital Burgers/Pizza. Is that a 7-11 branding deal or a separate place if anyone knows?
    It’s their fast food concept built inside their new stores... The new store on 89th and S. May has one...

Blog Entries

^I suspected that but just had not seen one before - thanks!

Anybody try it before? I was excited until I heard this.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicker View Post
    This is correct. With the change in our liquor laws, liquor stores are now viewed as competitors by 7-Eleven and no leases are being renewed or being entered in to...
    Everyone knows liquor stores attract certain ... undesirables.

Quote Originally Posted by Quicker View Post
    This is correct. With the change in our liquor laws, liquor stores are now viewed as competitors by 7-Eleven and no leases are being renewed or being entered in to...
    The store attached to the 7-11 on Robinson and 77 in Norman is staying. The owner told me his lease is good but he had to agree to not sell beer or wine....liquor only.

I have heard that 7-Eleven is building one of their new style locations along E Memorial Rd east of Broadway Extension at the corner of E Memorial Rd and Everest. They're clearing the land now. It should replace that dingy '80s location that's currently on the opposite corner.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    I have heard that 7-Eleven is building one of their new style locations along E Memorial Rd east of Broadway Extension at the corner of E Memorial Rd and Everest. They're clearing the land now. It should replace that dingy '80s location that's currently on the opposite corner.
    I checked the permits and they have indeed filed to build a new store directly west of their existing location and east of Car Max:

Two OnCue's close by, 33rd and Kelly (....or Kelley) and Memorial and Eastern. I guess depending on which way your commute is to and from, this may be easier to get to than those. Also, this will help aid in competition of pricing as 7 11's and OnCue's within viewing distance of each other always try to have the cheapest gas.

^^^^^^^ And a 3rd OnCue 2 miles west at Memorial & Western.

Go out on a limb here. I went into the new 7/11 on S Council yesterday. I really like the concept with the food offering and the layout. It reminded me of the new QTs in Tulsa. I think it is a better concept than On Cue but On Cue will continue to kick their butt if 7/11 can't get control over cleanliness ad employee cheerfulness. This 7/11 was clean and friendly though. Maybe 7/11 has a chance against OnCue. I like OnCue but find their selection at times limited. 7/11 also needs to rethink selling lottery tickets as that is usually 80% of the time I go inside

New location sign has gone up near At Home & Comfort Inn hotel on MacArthur & I-40.

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    This location at Rockwell and memorial is nearly complete but I noticed they removed all capital city branding from the building this last week

Anyone know what’s going on with that?

Just cleared the land for a new store at 12th Ave. NE and Robinson in Norman

Did they tear down the current store there, or are they building it behind the current store like they did at SW 89th and May?

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    This location at Rockwell and memorial is nearly complete but I noticed they removed all capital city branding from the building this last week

Anyone know what’s going on with that?
    They have new branding up today, something about fresh fast Tex-Mex.

Quote Originally Posted by Mballard85 View Post
    This location at Rockwell and Memorial opens Thursday 2/28

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Did they tear down the current store there, or are they building it behind the current store like they did at SW 89th and May?
    Building behind it, bulldozed the car wash to the east and the liquor store directly to the north

22. Default Re: 7 Eleven

Quote Originally Posted by Mballard85 View Post
    It’s still Capital City but now i’m Capital City Burrito Company

From their FB page:

Blog Entries

I went in this weekend - the food area is similar to a Chipolte - pick what you want and they make it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    From their FB page:

This location is killing it. Have been pretty busy every time I go by.

Thread Information