Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 Eleven

Default Re: 7 Eleven

the internet is a great wealth of information; in some instances too much information. LOL

The 7/11 near me (N. May & NW 164th) got rid of their movie rentals a short while ago. Now there is just a bare corner of the store with one wall having cases of beer stacked next to it, and the other having shelves with bottled soft drinks. Makes me wonder if they are planning on adding coolers there for the new alcohol laws?

Quote Originally Posted by d-usa View Post
    The 7/11 near me (N. May & NW 164th) got rid of their movie rentals a short while ago. Now there is just a bare corner of the store with one wall having cases of beer stacked next to it, and the other having shelves with bottled soft drinks. Makes me wonder if they are planning on adding coolers there for the new alcohol laws?
    LOL that sounds like pretty much any 7-11 in existence in OK. They all have a disorganized corner where they stack the stuff they couldn't fit into the fridges.

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    Heard late yesterday that an announcement is coming soon that all Oklahoma 7 Eleven stores have been sold !!!!
    I'm holding a wake for this rumor 'soon'. All are invited. It's potluck, please bring a covered dish. We're fine on drinks, they're being supplied by 7-Eleven.

The new-style 7 Eleven at Reno and Rockwell is open:

Considering how many people I've heard say one of the good things about OnCue is the canopy goes all the way to the door, isn't this a bit of a swing and a miss?

people are really that worried about walking 20 to 30 ft w/o a canopy?

geez society is turning into a bunch of weaklings

If you are wearing a suit, have your kids, or just don’t want to get wet during a downpour, why wouldn’t you pick the gas station that keeps you dry?

Also, another small thing I’ve noticed with 7-11 vs OnCue, although I don’t know if this is company wide for either:

When I use my credit card at 7-11, I always get a $125 hold that takes a couple days to clear and show the right amount. At OnCue I always get charged the actual amount pumped right away. It’s a small thing, but it’s just another small thing OnCue does better IMO.

Not just during a downpour, most of the people I've heard mention the shade at OnCue is because of exactly that. THE SHADE. I would think the fact that a car can heat up in the Oklahoma sun easily in just the time it takes to go in, pay for your gas and drink, and come out would not be a surprise to someone calling themselves 'ultimatesooner'. But speaking of downpours, just last Wednesday when the storms moved through I saw multiple spotters exit the road and go park at a gas station when they hit the worst of it. One explicitly mentioned several times that there was almost no traffic, because most people had left the road and come to park under the canopy.

But hey, bunch of weaklings apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by d-usa View Post
    If you are wearing a suit, have your kids, or just don’t want to get wet during a downpour, why wouldn’t you pick the gas station that keeps you dry?

Also, another small thing I’ve noticed with 7-11 vs OnCue, although I don’t know if this is company wide for either:

When I use my credit card at 7-11, I always get a $125 hold that takes a couple days to clear and show the right amount. At OnCue I always get charged the actual amount pumped right away. It’s a small thing, but it’s just another small thing OnCue does better IMO.
    I can't use Google Pay at 7-11, even though my phone says I can. Works just fine at On-Cue, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatesooner View Post
    people are really that worried about walking 20 to 30 ft w/o a canopy?

geez society is turning into a bunch of weaklings
    I recently started doing some rideshare in my spare time when I have nothing better to do. OnCue’s are an oasis. I can park in the shade and turn my car off while waiting for a rider to pop up. Don’t have to worry about my car getting hot or continue idling and wasting gas and engine wear.

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    I can't use Google Pay at 7-11, even though my phone says I can. Works just fine at On-Cue, though.
    I'd bet you can use it at a non-OK 7-11 that's part of the national chain, just not at the crappy ones here in OK.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    I'd bet you can use it at a non-OK 7-11 that's part of the national chain, just not at the crappy ones here in OK.
    Not to say that the 7-Elevens here aren't crappy, but I will say that the 7-Elevens I've been to outside of Oklahoma have also been crappy. Its been a long time, though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    I didn't even think about that. You're probably right.

I stopped at 7-11 at Hefner and May Saturday night around 9:00 for a fountain drink.....just happened to be on that side of the street. Otherwise would have gone to OnCue. There were two cars parked out front with about 8 people carrying on and talking (yelling) across to each other. Not anything vulgar really....just making big nuisances of themselves. I thought to myself....this is a 7-11 kind of thing. You don't see stuff like this at OnCue.

Lots of utility marking and survey flags at the land owned by 7/11 at Rockwell & Memorial. Maybe some action is going to be taking place here soon.

I don't remember seeing it on here but they have built a new 7 Eleven behind the old one at SW 89th and South May. Not open yet but getting there.

They are prepping the surface for a 7 Eleven at the SE corner of Memorial and Rockwell. Should be doing final grading and foundation work soon. I believe Tinker FCU has already submitted a permit for just south of the storage facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    I don't remember seeing it on here but they have built a new 7 Eleven behind the old one at SW 89th and South May. Not open yet but getting there.
    Workers at the existing location told me they hope to be up and running in the new store by the end of June.

One thing I noticed about the new store is that it appears it does *not* have the higher ceilings the original concept stores have (like the one on Telephone Road in Moore). Can't tell much else about the new site as the old store blocks view..they can't finish the gasoline island canopy as part of it is obstructed by the existing store...

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Workers at the existing location told me they hope to be up and running in the new store by the end of June.

One thing I noticed about the new store is that it appears it does *not* have the higher ceilings the original concept stores have (like the one on Telephone Road in Moore). Can't tell much else about the new site as the old store blocks view..they can't finish the gasoline island canopy as part of it is obstructed by the existing store...
    I noticed driving by they have painted on the side of the store a sign about fresh pizza or something of that sorts so I guess it will have hot food

This is a future 7/11 at the SE corner of Memorial and Rockwell:

Any way to petition to move the entrance/exit road farther east on Memorial?

I'll miss oncue when this finishes. Will probably still try to find a way to go to oncue though.

That Rockwell 7-Eleven will be closer to my house than the closest OnCue at Hefner and May... But, I'll still drive to Hefner and May 100 times out of 100. I'm still not over the Brown's being completely fine with giving us flophouses because they didn't have any competition.

I'm kind of in the same boat, but I live on Memorial and rockwell. We'll see what's up when it happens.

Thread Information