Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anchor Down

Deep Deuce Anchor Down

Plans have been finalized for a new restaurant and adjacent dog park in the OKSea project.

The proprietors of the popular restaurant and bar The Mule in the Plaza District will be opening Anchor Down in the shipping-container complex and patrons will soon be able to sit on the patio and watch their dogs frolic in a fenced dog park.

The restaurant will feature gourmet corn dogs with batters and sauces made from scratch. Several varieties will be offered from wild boar to turkey to a more traditional versions. New choices will be regularly rotated into the menu. Freshly made chips and veggie chips will be the primary sides.

Anchor Down is also planning signature beer cocktails where liquors will be mixed with brews in ways that will balance both flavors. In addition, the restaurant will feature 14 beers from a custom tap system, many more in cans as well as a full bar.

The large patio that faces the dog park will be especially dog-friendly itself with custom water bowls and other features for man's best friend.

With a cozy interior capacity of approximately 40, there will be double that seating on the large patio.

The targeted opening date for Anchor Down is mid-May and they will join an ever-growing number of restaurants and bars in Deep Deuce including Slaughter's Hall, WSKY, Urban Johnnie, Deep Deuce Grill and Native Roots.

Residential projects continue to boom in the area, with Maywood Phase II and Mosaic under construction and set to join Level, Maywood I, the Deep Deuce Apartments and several condominium projects including The Hill, which has been selling new units at a rapid pace.

Default Re: Anchor Down

I know we heard about the dog park at first then a couple weeks ago someone said it was only a rumor. So that part is for sure?

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    I know we heard about the dog park at first then a couple weeks ago someone said it was only a rumor. So that part is for sure?
    Yep.

Solid. My girlfriend will LOVE that part.

I till don't understand the setup. If you go out there, there is noway to walk from the existing sidewalk and park area - to the railroad bridge, without going through the newly constructed patio.

6. Default Re: Anchor Down

Took these yesterday as I was riding around OKC. Also, I didn't realize that there was going to be an ATM in the OKSEA. Good use of that wall space.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8635.JPG 
Views:	151 
Size:	388.2 KB 
ID:	10858 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8633.JPG 
Views:	165 
Size:	353.8 KB 
ID:	10859 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8631.JPG 
Views:	180 
Size:	398.5 KB 
ID:	10860

Quote Originally Posted by John Knight View Post
    Also, I didn't realize that there was going to be an ATM in the OKSEA. Good use of that wall space.
    You reminded me, I had a picture of that from a couple of weeks ago and forgot to post it. I do think it is a good use of that empty space.

8. Default Re: Anchor Down

They were getting Sysco (food) delivery this morning. It's getting close.

It's pretty common for new restaurants to be getting food orders 2-3 weeks before opening to train staff and do taste testing. I'm excited for this project, I think it will help expand the reach of Deep Deuce and help build more of a district.

10. Default Re: Anchor Down

Yeah if you look at the OKSEA thread I posted the same prior to this post. I was already figuring two weeks or so for training and soft open. Someone else posted prior to that that the entire OKSEA project will have a grand opening block party June 20, so that lines up.

11. Default Re: Anchor Down

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    They were getting Sysco (food) delivery this morning. It's getting close.
    They were in our kitchen last Thursday finalizing some menu items. They are really close.

12. Default Re: Anchor Down

A picture from the OKC Gazette yesterday:

Name:	CGp0ZTbUAAEO2FM.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	10895

13. Default Re: Anchor Down

From their FB page yesterday:

Name:	11426974_1595258184069598_8239473644891322885_n.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	10957

Stopped by, they're soft opening during e Deep Deuce block party today. They have 10 or so quality beers on tap. They place is actually bigger inside than I thought, and well finished with maybe 12 tables. Wife and I tried the boar sausage, which was great but VERY spicy, and the chicken corn dog, which was also very tasty. They open for good on the 30th, and will be open (if I recall) 4pm-2am, tues-sat. Very cool spot and a great addition to the neighborhood.

You had me at corndog.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    You had me at corndog.
    Mel,
    You handle the corndogs, I'm ready for the spicy boar sausage. And of course, any good beer piques my interest.
    C. T.

And if you're a driving person, park in the Bricktown lots just south and walk up our fawncy new stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    Mel,
    You handle the corndogs, I'm ready for the spicy boar sausage. And of course, any good beer piques my interest.
    C. T.
    Deal.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    And if you're a driving person, park in the Bricktown lots just south and walk up our fawncy new stairs.
    Or on the street any where in deep deuce

20. Default Re: Anchor Down

Especially in front of the brownstones. Lots of parking there.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Especially in front of the brownstones. Lots of parking there.

22. Default Re: Anchor Down

Traditional mini beef corn dog:

Name:	CH-c-DOUYAAlmtC.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	10976

Can't you park in the Level garage for free if you're going to Johnnies or Native Roots? I don't see why McKown wouldn't include this in that parking set up.

Anchor Down is doing a couple of soft openings and if all goes well, the 30th will be the first official day.

The dog park is close too... Just waiting on a fence permit then it should go up pretty fast.

From their Facebook Page:

Official open date June 30th at 4pm!!!!

Thread Information