Thread: Anchor Down

Default Re: Anchor Down

Reminder they open today at 4...

We need some reviews and photos!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Reminder they open today at 4...

We need some reviews and photos!
    I'm heading over shortly, I'll take some pics.

The Cheese Dog. Decent, though I in hindsight I wish I had tried one of the ones with actual meat. Will probably go back next Monday to try another.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anchor Down - 1.jpg 
Views:	1623 
Size:	137.1 KB 
ID:	11018   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anchor Down - 2.jpg 
Views:	1653 
Size:	163.7 KB 
ID:	11019   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anchor Down - 3.jpg 
Views:	1650 
Size:	155.2 KB 
ID:	11020   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anchor Down - 4.jpg 
Views:	1644 
Size:	131.2 KB 
ID:	11021   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anchor Down - 5.jpg 
Views:	1642 
Size:	165.7 KB 
ID:	11022   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anchor Down - 6.jpg 
Views:	1645 
Size:	121.9 KB 
ID:	11023   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anchor Down - 7.jpg 
Views:	1641 
Size:	147.8 KB 
ID:	11024   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anchor Down - 8.jpg 
Views:	1631 
Size:	115.0 KB 
ID:	11025  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anchor Down - 9.jpg 
Views:	1644 
Size:	177.0 KB 
ID:	11026  

Thanks David!

How's the food??

The Cheese Dog was reasonably tasty. Probably going to try the Roger Dog my next time in.

6. Default Re: Anchor Down

Amazing how much the interior has a similar feel to the Mule, though obviously smaller. Not that this is in any way a bad thing; I would characterize it as good. But you can definitely feel a synergy between both, and detect the common ownership.

BTW, I was told the fence for the dog park should be up in the next couple of weeks.

This is going to be a huge hangout place in DD.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Amazing how much the interior has a similar feel to the Mule, though obviously smaller. Not that this is in any way a bad thing; I would characterize it as good. But you can definitely feel a synergy between both, and detect the common ownership.
    I was going to say the same thing. It's The Mule in a shipping crate in the middle of a bunch of apartments. There is no way this thing won't be a home run.

It looked great all lit up tonight when we were out walking our dog. I can't wait to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    I was going to say the same thing. It's The Mule in a shipping crate in the middle of a bunch of apartments. There is no way this thing won't be a home run.
    I agree. Great location, pleasing theme, good food, neighborhood feel (like The Mule). Hard to see how this won't be huge.

Don't forget the dog park!

That alone will be huge draw.

Thought the same thing last night when I went. Very similar feel to the Mule.

The Wild Dog was really good as well as the chips dip and queso. My only complaint is the ordering process. Everyone orders at the bar. I think that's a horrible process and it felt really odd.

Holy hell this looks incredible. And they have a vegan dog!!!!! Do the legislators of our great state realize just how great a place we can be if they stop embarrassing us at every opportunity? I may find myself there tonight!

Went by, but didn't stop. This place will definitely be big. They will need a bike rack.

Tried the Bird Dog last night - which is a chicken sausage dipped in a delicious batter. It was very very good. We got some drinks after we ate, ended up staying for a couple of hours. The inside and outside were both packed when we left at 9ish. This place is very cool and will be a huge hit. 2nd St. has absolutely transformed over the last couple of years. You can now spend an entire night on just this one street if you wanted to. Start at A/D, go across the street the UJ, and make your way down to WXYZ, WSKY, Slaughters, and DD Grill. As a resident of Level, I get more and more worried about my bank account every day.

I apologize for the poor quality of the photo last night, but the patio even at 1AM last night was definitely still crowded. Service is incredibly fast and we were served with our corn dogs within 4-5 minutes of ordering them. This place is going to become very popular, and they'll need to invest in more patio tables very soon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150630_221539725.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	11028

I believe more seating will be added when the dog park goes in.

Very, very cool spot!

18. Default Re: Anchor Down

Checked it out after leaving the office last night. Space was great, bar was great, hush puppies with cheese curds were OK, corn chowder was great, corn dogs very good. Nice beer selection.

I was real excited about heading there for lunch today, only to find out they don't open until 4. What a bummer

20. Default Re: Anchor Down

Quote Originally Posted by gurantula35 View Post
    I was real excited about heading there for lunch today, only to find out they don't open until 4. What a bummer
    Just consider it a late lunch.

But yeah... I was kind of disappointed by that 4PM opening time too... Will probably give it a try after a Thursday night round of golf..... Hope they don't mind the aroma of sweaty golfer there... lol

21. Default Re: Anchor Down

Yeah, I was surprised too when I asked about lunch. I just assumed it was considering proximity to - among other things - the CBD. I really do hope that they reconsider after they hit their stride. I think they would make an absolute killing at lunchtime.

Yeah, I was surprised too when I asked about lunch. I just assumed it was considering proximity to - among other things - the CBD. I really do hope that they reconsider after they hit their stride. I think they would make an absolute killing at lunchtime.
    There are a bunch of people at my office (300+ employees) who would want to go here for lunch - its within two blocks walking distance. Hopefully once they are open for a while and get the hang of things theyll consider lunch hours!

Walked over there last night after work for dinner. We tried to bird dog, wild dog and jalapeno/cheddar hush pups. It was all delicious!

I had the cheese dog and the jalapeño hush puppies tonight. They were both excellent. We were there during the downpour and it was packed.

I was able to stop by last night but only for a beer. Impressive beer/drink selection. Casual and inviting atmosphere. I'll go back and definitely try the food.

Thread Information