Widgets Magazine

Thread: Big 12 Football 2015

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Big 12 Football 2015

I see that all 3 of the ESPN panelists picked West Virgina to beat OU straight up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    I see that all 3 of the ESPN panelists picked West Virgina to beat OU straight up.
    So did the top 2 pickers on the Oklahoman list (Trammel and I think Helsley). So lots of WVU support locally and nationally. Should be a great day for football!

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    While I think this could be a tough game, I still think, on balance, OU is the better team. Playing at home, if they don't make silly mistakes, Sooners should come out on top.

OU is not as well-equipped for the road-grading running game they used a year ago to unleash Perine, but if the O-Line plays smart and limits silly penalties they should still be able to create space and make running lanes. This may be one of those very unusual games where WVa drops, at times, even more than 5 in coverage and tries to force OU to run. Given the way they may scheme the run, either MIxon or Perine could bust one or more long runs. Could be a great game.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    While I think this could be a tough game, I still think, on balance, OU is the better team. Playing at home, if they don't make silly mistakes, Sooners should come out on top.

OU is not as well-equipped for the road-grading running game they used a year ago to unleash Perine, but if the O-Line plays smart and limits silly penalties they should still be able to create space and make running lanes. This may be one of those very unusual games where WVa drops, at times, even more than 5 in coverage and tries to force OU to run. Given the way they may scheme the run, either MIxon or Perine could bust one or more long runs. Could be a great game.
    Yep, WV runs a 3-3 up front, and although it creates issues sometimes from a blitzing and pass protection standpoint (creating confusion on who to block) but, it also lends itself to being exposed/gashed every once in a while against the run. so, if you can put a hat on somebody, at the 2nd level (lbs) than you create a seam that can be taken advantage of. I think Oklahoma trys to run more tomorrow, than they have the first few games.

Thread Information