Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Big 12 Football 2015

1. Default Re: Big 12 Football 2015

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    ...it sure seems to put a bur under the saddle of so many OU fans to suggest that OSU is THE rival.
    Fixed it for you.

Default Re: Big 12 Football 2015

Cough. Gundy has beaten OU twice as a coach. Still not a lot, but....

And if we look at the past two decades, the series, while still tilted heavily towards OU, is not as one sided as it traditionally was. 7-13.

I think any two teams that have played each other over 100 times, and invoke such blood and passion from fans of both teams, is a rivalry.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    Really? Look at the post above yours. Even any suggestion of being a rival, not even claiming to be THE rival, sets off folks.

Part of the problem we have here is that many define rival in different ways. If the definition of the term is not coming from a common definition, you won't see any agreement here.

Quote Originally Posted by kelroy55 View Post
    I seriously doubt OSU would end up in the ACC. The way OU has been playing the past several years they would be middle of the pack in the SEC West division. Probably the same in the B1G.
    If OU did move on alone or with kansas where would osu end up? I guess they could end up in the ACC if the ACC wants to venture out west. PAC12 wouldnt take OSU/without OU, SEC wouldnt take OSU without OU, Big10 nope.

Sorry, hate to be the bearer of bad news but no one wants a school in the middle of country with no fan base, no tv market and no brand.
    KSU and OSU are going to be in a tough spot if OU/KU leaves with out them. Look at the tv ratings for okc martket for osu games. OSU had a game this year that had the worse tv audience it had had since like 2008. (that's not good when trying to re-negotiate a contract)

I realize some of you dont want to accept it but there isnt much of an audience for osu on tv, even here in oklahoma. There is a reason why there are ou baseball games, ou volleyball, ou women's basketball are on foxsports oklahoma and the osu games are not. There is a reason why there is an OU pregame football show at 10am every Saturday morning and OSU doesnt have one. Realignment is about tv market share and how much of an audience your school will bring to a new conference.

what is comical to me is how much OSU fans hate OU but cant wait to piggy back on OU to get another conference.

Kelroy since i know you will already ask me to prove it.

Here is the article in the DOK about the OSU tv rating this year being the worst since 2007.

Ratings watch | News OK

Blog Entries

Some of us are old enough to remember "hate night" on WWLS - Friday night before the OU/OSU game each year. People called in or were at the remote and told jokes about the other school. It was not very PC so they did away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCretro View Post
    Kelroy since i know you will already ask me to prove it.

Here is the article in the DOK about the OSU tv rating this year being the worst since 2007.

Ratings watch | News OK
    Actually, that's an article about a single game having the worst rating since 2007, not this season. A game where they were up against multiple high profile games also being televised. In fact, if you look at season averages, OSU is doing fine...

Here's 2014.

INFOGRAPHIC: 2014 College Football TV Ratings | TexAgs

OSU was about middle of the pack. Yeah, they're not a ratings powerhouse like Alabama or Florida State, but neither is OU at this point. In fact, OU and OSU aren't that far apart (2.37 million average vs 2.04 million). Yeah, OSU may not be AS attractive from a tv market standpoint to other conference that OU might be, I think they'd still be wanted. Add in their other sports, and such, they'd do fine.

Are you still jealous of big brother and knowing you will always be second fiddle?
    I'm not second fiddle to anything. I don't play the game and I don't coach it. Neither do OU fans. If rooting for a traditionally good team makes you feel like you accomplished something in life, then that is awesome. I could easily choose to like the Spurs, Patriots, Cardinals, Alabama and brag about how great I am.

One thing I do know is that a lot of OU fans hate Texas so badly that they actually hate the STATE of Texas. Yet, most of them are also Dallas Cowboys fans. Genius.

Meh, I always saw that as fun. I dislike UT, and like to make fun of Texas and make Texas jokes (and rib my wife for being a Texan), yet I grew up a Dallas Cowboys fan. I'm not sure there are folks that truly hate the state of Texas (at least not over sports). It's like the old joke about why trees lean south in Oklahoma. Or from the other side why Texas doesn't fall into the ocean.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    I would be happy if OU and OSU were in separate conferences....be rid of eachother--A FINAL BREAKUP. OU would be just another team in any conference because no one cares about history anymore...
    May not be a bad idea:

Be careful for what you wish. You may see the conference breakup of OU & OSU much like that of Texas-Texas A & M; however, the Bedlam rivalry will live on.

The Big XII conference days are numbered until they can lure two viable/reputable teams into the conference. Miss Texas Belle calling all the shots with OU sitting around like a too weak hen-pecked love starved husband sitting around while other conferences were picking the Big XII's pockets. The end results; the Big XII lost 4 real jewels in Nebraska, Missouri, Colorado & Texas A & M., like being castrated when there's nothing like to castrate--all the while Miss Texas Belle was singing soprano and OU rolled to the bongo drum beat.

Blog Entries

If OU did move on alone or with kansas where would osu end up? I guess they could end up in the ACC if the ACC wants to venture out west. PAC12 wouldnt take OSU/without OU, SEC wouldnt take OSU without OU, Big10 nope.

I realize some of you dont want to accept it but there isnt much of an audience for osu on tv, even here in oklahoma. There is a reason why there are ou baseball games, ou volleyball, ou women's basketball are on foxsports oklahoma and the osu games are not. There is a reason why there is an OU pregame football show at 10am every Saturday morning and OSU doesnt have one. Realignment is about tv market share and how much of an audience your school will bring to a new conference.
    OKCretro my friend; you gave me a high from laughter. What kind of 'crack' are you smoking? Somebody has laced your rock with Formaldehyde (embalming fluid).

Remember the same thing was being said about 'Baylor & TCU.'

14. Default Re: Big 12 Football 2015

Actually, that's an article about a single game having the worst rating since 2007, not this season. A game where they were up against multiple high profile games also being televised. In fact, if you look at season averages, OSU is doing fine...

Here's 2014.

OSU was about middle of the pack. Yeah, they're not a ratings powerhouse like Alabama or Florida State, but neither is OU at this point. In fact, OU and OSU aren't that far apart (2.37 million average vs 2.04 million). Yeah, OSU may not be AS attractive from a tv market standpoint to other conference that OU might be, I think they'd still be wanted. Add in their other sports, and such, they'd do fine.
    It's impossible to talk sense into stupid people.

Dan, this is exactly what I'm talking about. I've had these exact interactions with so many OU fans it's not even funny.

Yeah, I know if may not convince certain folks, but there are rational ones out there that will at least take something from that info.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    OKCretro my friend; you gave me a high from laughter. What kind of 'crack' are you smoking? Somebody has laced your rock with Formaldehyde (embalming fluid).

Remember the same thing was being said about 'Baylor & TCU.'
    What did I say that was so wrong? You do realize Baylor and tcu have better 3rd tier contracts than even osu in okc right? Next spring turn to fox sports Oklahoma at night and you might find some random tcu baseball game on even when there is a game being played in Payne County.

Here's 2014.

Without also getting OU, what conference would want OSU? Really would like to know who you think out of the top 4 conferences left would want osu w/out ou involved?

Without also getting OU, what conference would want OSU? Really would like to know who you think out of the top 4 conferences left would want osu w/out ou involved?
    Conferences that want a team with higher ratings and better academic credentials than Perdue, Arizona State, etc?

Conferences that want a team with higher ratings and better academic credentials than Perdue, Arizona State, etc?
    Problem is those schools are already in a top4 conference not trying to get a bid.

Problem is those schools are already in a top4 conference not trying to get a bid.
    And in what way does that invalidate OSU's ability to get a bid? Your opinion?

Blog Entries

nm

Blog Entries

What did I say that was so wrong? You do realize Baylor and tcu have better 3rd tier contracts than even osu in okc right? Next spring turn to fox sports Oklahoma at night and you might find some random tcu baseball game on even when there is a game being played in Payne County.
    You didn't say anything wrong; however, let's give OSU credit; they have earned it.

OKCretro, my sincere apologies if you thought that I meant you were literally smoking crack; that was a playful knee-jerk reaction on my part.

Attended UCO along with all 3 Oklahoma D-1 schools; post graduate work at OU, Tulsa & OSU to pick up credit hours in completion of my Masters & Administrative Certification.

I support all 3 NCAA Division I Oklahoma schools. I'm partial toward OU because of my upbringing.

The good thing about having a great Bedlam rivalry; it legitimizes both schools when they are in their high octane competitive modes. So, if OSU has to ride OU's back into another conference should the Big XII collapse; then so be it.

My best friend was over for the OU-West Virginia & OSU-KSU games this past weekend on FS1. He's a die-heart Sooner with no love for OSU. Just when he thought KSU had beaten OSU; I reminded him that there were 3:03 minutes left of the clock. OSU kicked a field goal to take the lead; he reminded me that there was still time left on the clock. KSU soon waved the white flag; unfortunately he left in frustration--haven't heard from him since.

Do understand that OSU is OU's baby brother in football. Like my friend mentioned that he doesn't like the OSU grads that he works with because they are at constant odds over this sports rivalry (football, basketball, baseball). As what was repeated to him; OSU is gaining respect--throughout this process; however some OSU fans don't know how to react toward their success because they are so use of the shoe being on the other foot. By the same token, OU fans aren't humble by any means.

Give it up to OSU and Mike Gundy, they have made great strides of late.

And in what way does that invalidate OSU's ability to get a bid? Your opinion?
    there are not an unlimited amount of seats at the table.
    PAC 12 is not going to kick out ASU for OSU. Big10 is not going to kick out Purdue for OSU.

OSU has no tv market, and no market share.

Not sure how else to explain it really. Realignment is about where the conference can put their network on tv that is why Rutgers got the Big10 bid over UCONN.

OSU has no tv market, and no market share.
    The link and the facts I provided would seem to disagree with you.

Yes i was exaggerating, to clarify "osu has minimal market share in the 45th and 61st market"

If OSU is such a hot commodity why did they only get 4 million in Tier 3?

Conference Confusion - Finance Schminance - Big 12 Fanatics

oSU is 8 out of 10 schools for their tier 3 rights. That shows you the value of the program. Even ISU, tech, and KSU have more value.

Thread Information