Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Popular Stores Would You Like To See Come To Tulsa?

Blog Entries

Default Re: What Popular Stores Would You Like To See Come To Tulsa?

This is not responsive, so apologize for that, but I am curious as to views on The Fresh Market in Tulsa? Was reading about that company and saw they have a location on Yale. Any others planned to open there or any discussion on expansion to OKC?

Blog Entries

Oops - sorry, now i see the thread on The Fresh Market.

According to Pete, The Fresh Market has been scouting locations in OKC for quite some time now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    According to Pete, The Fresh Market has been scouting locations in OKC for quite some time now.
    Thanks bchris02 - i found the thread by posing my response..oops. They look like nice stores!

World market needs to come to OKC and Tulsa.

Tokes-R-Us.

If IKEA goes to Tulsa, you can petty much kiss OKC's chances of getting one goodbye. I hope they do NOT go to Tulsa.

As for In-N-Out, OKC has the advantage on this one being closer to their distribution center in Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    If IKEA goes to Tulsa, you can petty much kiss OKC's chances of getting one goodbye. I hope they do NOT go to Tulsa.

As for In-N-Out, OKC has the advantage on this one being closer to their distribution center in Dallas.
    I think IKEA going to Tulsa would be extremely unlikely because of how small the Tulsa metro area is. Plus, the way IKEA chooses location is different so the advantage that Tulsa usually has over OKC (concentrated income) wouldn't apply. I will be very surprised if IKEA ends up in Oklahoma period but if it does, it will almost certainly be OKC.

Last Call Neiman Marcus for both OKC and Tulsa so I won't have to drive all the way to Grapevine anymore.

I don't get the hype for In-N-Out. Way better burger places already in OKC and Tulsa. And IKEA won't be in Oklahoma for a long time, they only locate in metros over 2 million and there are locations in every adjacent state except NM and AR.

Honestly all of these chains don't excite me at all but I rarely ever go to chain stores except Whole Foods for groceries and Nordstrom/Dillard's a couple times a year for certain clothes, and rarely ever any chain restaurants. REI will be a nice addition since there isn't anything like it on the same scale. The only one not yet announced that would be major win for either metro would be Nordstrom, and Whole Foods in Norman, IMO. To each their own though.

IKEA is opening a store in Memphis - metro population 1.3 million people which will be their smallest market. The retailer does appear interested in testing the water in smaller markets. Charlotte's metro population was below 2 million when they got their IKEA, though their population now exceeds that. I still have a difficult time believing if Oklahoma gets a store that it would go to Tulsa being that it has less than 1 million in its metro.

A Crate and Barrel would be nice for OKC.

IKEA is opening a store in Memphis - metro population 1.3 million people which will be their smallest market. The retailer does appear interested in testing the water in smaller markets. Charlotte's metro population was below 2 million when they got their IKEA, though their population now exceeds that. I still have a difficult time believing if Oklahoma gets a store that it would go to Tulsa being that it has less than 1 million in its metro.
    correct, but I think this Ikea is going to be smaller.

Quite frankly, I don't like these smaller big box store concepts. You go to a big box store and expect it to be big. :0

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    I don't get the hype for In-N-Out. Way better burger places already in OKC and Tulsa. And IKEA won't be in Oklahoma for a long time, they only locate in metros over 2 million and there are locations in every adjacent state except NM and AR.

Honestly all of these chains don't excite me at all but I rarely ever go to chain stores except Whole Foods for groceries and Nordstrom/Dillard's a couple times a year for certain clothes, and rarely ever any chain restaurants. REI will be a nice addition since there isn't anything like it on the same scale. The only one not yet announced that would be major win for either metro would be Nordstrom, and Whole Foods in Norman, IMO. To each their own though.
    i agree with you. I'll never shop at IKEA because they're cheap and their furniture is cheap quality. I'm in Dallas all the time and every once in awhile I'll take a stroll through ikea but I never get excited.

The one store that will be nice is Trader Joes. I would also like Krogers or Tom Thumb to enter the OKC market. An HEB would be wonderful, but I don't see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Motley View Post
    A Crate and Barrel would be nice for OKC.
    I will be very surprised if Crate and Barrel doesn't end up in Chisholm Creek.

While we are listing stores, an Arizona Tile store would be great. They have a great selection of tile and stone and are very popular with contractors in San Diego. Albuquerque and Dallas have them, so they could easily expand into OKC.

The one store that will be nice is Trader Joes. I would also like Krogers or Tom Thumb to enter the OKC market. An HEB would be wonderful, but I don't see that happening.
    It's very shocking that Kroger isn't in Oklahoma considering they have a lot of locations in the South, if they ever came Homeland would be finished.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post

In-n-Outs are consistently good fast food burgers. There may be better burgers in town but a lot of those places don't have a drive through or are fast service types. Most are not open late night either. Best is subjective but In-n-Outs are definitely in the running if looking for a fresh quality burger at 1 am on the way home.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    It's very shocking that Kroger isn't in Oklahoma considering they have a lot of locations in the South, if they ever came Homeland would be finished.
    I really wish they would enter the market. They are also in every state surrounding Oklahoma. Comparing Kroger to Homeland is like comparing an OnCue to an OKC-style 7/11.

The areas around Memphis and Charlotte are more densely populated than OKC or Tulsa. You also have larger cities within a 2-3 hour drive that you don't have in Oklahoma. For the time being if you're in OKC you'll have to make the 3 hour drive to Frisco and if you're in Tulsa you drive 4 hrs to either Frisco or Merriam (KC).

Nic's Burger Grille? Eischen's? Kim Wah? Casa Perico? ZT's or R&K Cigars?
    Edited to Add: I actually meant Nick's Burger Grille at The Top (of Founder's Tower)
    (and I actually saw that tower in Bartlesville, designed by that ArtDude, and ate at the best restaurant in town nearly at the same time)

The Experience Looked and Tasted Marvelous . . .
    Almost Simultaneously.

I think that the movers and shakers might consider Bartlesville . . . or, perhaps Pawhuska? . . . as The Next Big/Best Thing.

Not that there is anything "wrong" with OKC. (btw)

(OKC, does, however, need to create an ordinance against the spread of Aldi. imho)

Blog Entries

correct, but I think this Ikea is going to be smaller.

Quite frankly, I don't like these smaller big box store concepts. You go to a big box store and expect it to be big. :0
    IKEA stores aren't just Big Box, in fact they should have another category for them. The average IKEA is twice the size of a Super Target or Super Wal-Mart store and big ones approach half a million square feet. A smaller IKEA would still dwarf other big boxes.

Good point.

Good point.
    You may have missed this, on your Journey, along the way.
    So . . .

Thread Information