Widgets Magazine

Thread: Road construction finally starting on hwy 77 between Noble and Lexington.

1. Default Road construction finally starting on hwy 77 between Noble and Lexington.

Cones and signs are up around Slaughterville curve. Construction to start second week of March. About time!

Default Re: Road construction finally starting on hwy 77 between Noble and Lexington.

I haven't kept up with this one, so sorry for the questions, but what exactly are they doing? Is this the bridge they're going to replace?

Default Re: Road construction finally starting on hwy 77 between Noble and Lexington.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I haven't kept up with this one, so sorry for the questions, but what exactly are they doing? Is this the bridge they're going to replace?
    The bridge you are thinking about is the one between Lexington and Purcell. This is a different project.

That's right. So what are they doing here?

When did cones and signs appear?

(note to self - if present before 9:15 am Thursday, really, really must turn down george jones and pay more attention to the road. )

6. Default Re: Road construction finally starting on hwy 77 between Noble and Lexington.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    They are making it a 4 lane with a center left lane from the Lex / Purcell bridge to Noble.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post

(note to self - if present before 9:15 am Thursday, really, really must turn down george jones and pay more attention to the road. )
    They appeared yesterday around 1400.

Awesome. Hopefully they do it in cement.

8. Default Re: Road construction finally starting on hwy 77 between Noble and Lexington.

Sounds messy.

Interesting. It's gonna be difficult to make it four lanes in Noble, especially in downtown. What's gonna happen there? Is it just gonna be a bottleneck?

Is four lanes really needed? I used to drive this area a fair amount and it never seemed busy enough to need four lanes. That was about 5 years ago but...

Sometimes feels like there is a rule buried deep in the state's administrative code that requires a certain percentage of all roads leading into Norman are to be kept under construction.

Whatever they are doing, it did not impact my Purcell trip today, and for that, I am thankful.

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Is four lanes really needed? I used to drive this area a fair amount and it never seemed busy enough to need four lanes. That was about 5 years ago but...
    I would argue it is, my wife works in Purcell and we live in Norman, and so I drive the road a lot more often than I used to, and it can get busy. I think 4 lanes would definitely be beneficial.

13. Default Re: Road construction finally starting on hwy 77 between Noble and Lexington.

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    It is needed. The farmers like to use that road to drive their tractors up and down the highway. They are usually driving around ~25-35 mph. A big pita when I am trying to get to work.

@zacelliot they are starting at Slaughterville road because that turn has always been a very dangerous intersection because of the curve. They want to try to get that stage done first to make it safer.

If anyone can dig up the final plans on ODOT I would appreciate it. It is hard to find anything there.

Quote Originally Posted by tfvc.org View Post
    It is needed. The farmers like to use that road to drive their tractors up and down the highway. They are usually driving around ~25-35 mph. A big pita when I am trying to get to work.

@zacelliot they are starting at Slaughterville road because that turn has always been a very dangerous intersection because of the curve. They want to try to get that stage done first to make it safer.

If anyone can dig up the final plans on ODOT I would appreciate it. It is hard to find anything there.
    Ah. That makes sense. I second the motion if anyone can find detailed plans.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post

Ok. I guess taking micro naps are not a good idea either whilst driving.

Any updates on this? I looked around for info but still couldn't find anything. Also what is going to happen in Noble? Is it just going to continue to be a 2 lane bottleneck?

Drove through it a couple times this week, both in the late afternoon, early evening. It's torn up but traffic is moving through without too much hassle. Yes, it's at the Slaughterville curve and south from there.

Thread Information