Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shoppes at Quail Springs

Far North Shoppes at Quail Springs

I saw where a building permit was issued about 3 weeks ago for $6.2 million for the land on the SW Corner of Memorial and May in which this is the old Bennigan's and Steak and Ale site? This seems to be a very "prime" spot of land for development which high traffic counts. Maybe Pete or any one else care to chime in as to what it may be developing? I believe that this land is owned by the same individual who wants to put a downtown hotel on the former Bodyworks site and he also purchased land that was the former BOA drive thru location in downtown?? Correct me if I am wrong.

Default Re: 13601 N May Building Permit??

Yes, it's owned by Fred Mazaheri who is the purported developer for the Bodyworks Site and the old Bank of America drive-thru.

It's called Memorial Plaza and will be office over retail with some out-parcels for sale. Pablano Grill is already built there.

That'll be cool!

Impressive. This is the kind of shopping center suburban OKC needs more of. Good to see more new shopping centers pushing the standard higher.

Pretty nice. It'll be good to have even more restaurants in that part of town, the architecture doesn't seem to be anything special though sadly.

Blog Entries

Fugly. Seems like they're not even trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie1 View Post
    Fugly. Seems like they're not even trying.
    What? For a suburban shopping center this is a significant step up from the norm in OKC.

Agree. The one thing I don't like is they seem like they are going with the "build it and they will come" approach with all the surface parking, so hopefully those lots get developed or we'll end up with a crappy parking lot with holes in it.

More info on it.

https://vimeo.com/66542785

Great to see this is moving forward!

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    That is the best produced promotional video I've ever seen for a property.

They obviously decided to rename to Shoppes at Quail Springs.

Default Re: Shoppes at Quail Springs

Man, I made a thread for this a LOOOONNNGGGG time ago!

Glad it's finally happening.

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    Man, I made a thread for this a LOOOONNNGGGG time ago!

Glad it's finally happening.
    Agreed. I forgot about this development.

It really reminds me of Spring Creek in Edmond.

That video is badass. I'd hate to be one of those houses behind that though.

Blog Entries

There are lots of houses, apartments, zero lot line houses all within easy and safe walking distance from this. Should be good for the neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    That video is badass. I'd hate to be one of those houses behind that though.
    Part of living in a growing suburban area is that retail and restaurants will be built nearby. It's hard to believe how many great things get blocked in Edmond due to NIMBYs worried about development bringing traffic and noise. I think if people want total seclusion, they need to live in a rural community.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Part of living in a growing suburban area is that retail and restaurants will be built nearby. It's hard to believe how many great things get blocked in Edmond due to NIMBYs worried about development bringing traffic and noise. I think if people want total seclusion, they need to live in a rural community.
    I would think having a two story building between you and a busy turnpike would be a good thing. Blocks sound.

+1000

Blog Entries

So what like this has been blocked in Edmond that you are taking a shot at? Do you want EVERY development approved everywhere? Or is this just another pot shot at Edmond. Why even mention Edmond in connection to this project?

Naw I get that, my comment was directed more at the fact that the building looks like it's almost one a few of those peoples back yards. I think being close to it is cool, but I'd just hate being the houses that are right against the back of the building and parking lot. I think it would indeed block turnpike noise, but you may end up getting lighting pollution because of this.

Blog Entries

Parking lot lights are on other side of the two story construction and should be focused down onto parking lot. Shouldn't be an issue with the homes behind it if lighting is designed decently well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    So what like this has been blocked in Edmond that you are taking a shot at? Do you want EVERY development approved everywhere? Or is this just another pot shot at Edmond. Why even mention Edmond in connection to this project?
    Do you follow Edmond? Go there and ask those questions and I'll be perfectly happy to list the developments that have been denied because of dumbass nimbys. I honestly don't think that BChris was trying to make that a focal point, just merely point out that people who would be opposed to this like the ones in Edmond should move further out into a real rural area instead of being on the fringe of the city where stuff like this is likely to be built. I do understanding what Zuplar is saying though.

23. Default Re: 13601 N May Building Permit??

Maybe I'm crazy but the renderings posted in the article and what is shown in the video are not the same? The product in the video seems to be slightly bigger and has a slightly altered design. I wonder which will be built.

Two things...

First: That video was insanely informational and they put a lot of effort into it. Bravo.

Second: It also shows just how much undeveloped land there still is in that already booming area of North OKC... Traffic will be insufferable once a lot of it gets filled.

While it centered on his property and its advantages it just proves why Costco was looking a mile or so down the road, as well as why Chisholm Creek will do so well in attracting new retailers I believe. This area will only continue to grow and infill. Pete do you know why owns the property of vacant land directly across the street? In the past I always worried it will fill up with a few big box retailers but as big boxes become less popular someone could do something pretty special with that much land with the semi naturally creek/low area through it.

Thread Information