Widgets Magazine

Thread: T-town, or close by, diners and dives - seeking suggestions for Sat.

Default T-town, or close by, diners and dives - seeking suggestions for Sat.

We've about decided to take in the long running production of The Drunkard in Tulsa this Sat. eve.
    So need a spot for a late lunch and another for a late dinner or substantial snacking. Prefer neither be the typical gussy fussy fru-fru V-day type haunt, and most assuredly no all vegan haunts,

Dives and Diners are more than acceptable. If anyone knows of a T-town Bobo's type fare for late night grab and drive, that works also as we are not staying overnight,

Blog Entries

Default Re: T-town, or close by, diners and dives - seeking suggestions for Sat.

This may not meet your criteria, but we ate at Andolinis in Tulsa a couple weeks ago and it was REALLY good. Fantastic pizza, appetizers, etc. It's on 15th in the Cherry Street area. Highly recommend the food and a fun, party type atmosphere. There is another location in Owasso I think.

Default Re: T-town, or close by, diners and dives - seeking suggestions for Sat.

Looked at the site. Promising.
    Thanks.

Blog Entries

Try Fat Guy's burgers on Greenwood for lunch by Oneok Field or the Blue Rose right by The Spotlight on the river.

I did some checking with my foodie friend that lives in Tulsa. Here are his recommendations:

Said that the rec for Fat Guys Burgers was solid.

New Orleans Deli for Lunch Location (It is Mardi Gras btw and I will be rolling with krewe of Tucks on Saturday so I say go here)

Sisserous for Caribbean https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sisse...89757254635674

Kilkennys Irish pub on Cherry Street

Italian/Pizza STG Pizzeria & Gelateria - Tulsa, OK - Pizza, Gelato

Italian Bistro so getting a little frufru Tavolo Italian Bistro

If you get there early enough in the day......Burn Co BBQ. Hands down the best BBQ in the state imho. https://www.facebook.com/Burncobbq

Have fun and enjoy the show

John
    Last edited by Jeepnokc; 02-11-2015 at 05:04 PM. Reason: grammatical

6. Default Re: T-town, or close by, diners and dives - seeking suggestions for Sat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Said that the rec for Fat Guys Burgers was solid.

If you get there early enough in the day......Burn Co BBQ. Hands down the best BBQ in the state imho. https://www.facebook.com/Burncobbq
    I can vouch for both.... Try the blueberry catsup at Fat Guys Burger Bar if they have it. They also offer a stuffed burger like the famous Juicy Lucy..... It's a 3rd degree burn waiting to happen but it's a solid burger and worth the potential scalding hot cheese blister.

You will have to get to Burn Co early or you risk them running out of food.... And when I say early I mean at least 30 minutes before they open because there will be a line.

Not sure if it is still open or not but Nelson's Buffeteria is a solid choice for comfort food.

If you are talking about the Nelson's in the DT area , I believe they closed quite sometime ago. A real shame, as the chicken fry was one of the best.

8. Default Re: T-town, or close by, diners and dives - seeking suggestions for Sat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    If you are talking about the Nelson's in the DT area , I believe they closed quite sometime ago. A real shame, as the chicken fry was one of the best.
    Yep... That was the one... It's been about 3 years since I was there last and I thought I had heard it was closed.... and yes they made a mean chicken fry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post

John
    WOAH WOAH WOAH. Im more of an albert G's fan myself. But both are solid.

But like they said, Andolini's pizza is amazing on cherry street. If you want to hit up brookside just a few minutes away there is a high density of nice restaurants to choose from. Brookside by day is popular for breakfast food and cosmo cafe is great for lunch. When it come to dinner though your options are endless.

If you want mexican, Cafe Ole on brookside is solid. their Queso is legendary (mixed with cream cheese). Doc's is a cajun inspired wine bar that i really enjoy.
    Sonoma wine bar & Bistro feels much nicer than the prices on the menu which is great on the wallet.
    Hop Bunz on 33rd & peoria just opened up and is nice burger joint.

Just a few of my favorite spots. I just moved to Tulsa (brookside) from OKC a few months ago and the food has been one of my favorite things about the city.

Thanks for the recs. None are dives from the looks of it, but there are clearly some tasty options in the list provided. Makes me wish I was going to be there for more than two meals.

Sadly, Burn Co is a no go. We have a pooch appointment just south of Norman at 10 Sat., and while i love good Q, Chuckers gotta come first that morning.

Probably flip a coin over Lassalle's or Fat Guys for a late lunch then go exploring to pass some time. Thinking Blue Rose for a late dinner. On the River, close to Spotlight and a right quick jump to the highway when it is time to be homeward bound. That's a decent little combo all its own.

12. Default Re: T-town, or close by, diners and dives - seeking suggestions for Sat.

+1 for Fat Guys. Joe Mama's is an excellent Pizza place, as is the Pie Hole. Also agree about Kilkenny's, but mostly for atmosphere.

But seriously: Fat Guys.

As it turned out, Lassalle's is is M-F only option so we were headed to Fat Guys when a hankering for Q hit me. I knew I was too late for Burn Co. as it was after 3, but recalled that Albert G's was kinda sorta in between Lasalle's and Fat Guys, so we parked and wandered into there instead. She truly enjoyed a sweet tater loaded with more bacon than she was expecting. Their turkey was some of the best I've eaten and the pulled pork was tasty. The sides were dang decent as well. The sliced brisket was not the highlight of the meal. Looked good and all but well, brisket should taste like brisket. It should never, ever cause someone to think of the flavor of pot roast.

Gave my lovely a driving tour of areas of Tulsa where she was not familiar and then went to enjoy the Olio and the Drunkard at the Spotlight at 1381 Riverside. They did a good job with the production, though if I had missed the Oilo that night I would have been fine.
    We thought about Blue Rose after, but neither of us were hungry so we planned on hitting up late night eats in OKC instead. By the time we reached OKC, we decided we still weren't hungry and headed on to Norman. Late dinner turned out to be GS cookies and milk with a bonus conversation with the pup as he stayed up to greet us.

All in all, enjoyed Albert's and have a great list of places for our next trip.

Thread Information