CDR Electronics started several years ago in the former Buchanan's Grocery space at SW 89th and Penn as an electronics consignment retailer, including refurbished laptops, computer parts, cables, cell phones, and miscellaneous other related items. As they expanded, they outgrew the original Buchanan's location and moved to the Southern Hills Shopping Center. I made some *great* buys from them on printers and assorted computer goodies over the years.

The other day was my first opportunity to visit CDR in some time - and first time I'd seen an astonishing change in their business model: No more computers or laptops - period. They've switched entirely to sales of DVD/BluRay media, video games, cell phones, and tablets. No computer accessories at all.

I spoke briefly with one of their sales staff and he said they made that decision back in July of 2014, which rang a bell as I used to receive promotional emails from someone whom I thought was one of CDR's founding partners, offering their latest great deals on laptops, desktops, and parts, and was surprised to see that he had left CDR for a new gig at another store. Now it makes sense why.

I had not been to CDR in some time as it seemed they had been converting to a glorified cell phone pawn shop, but I was not aware they'd completely abandoned computer sales. Don't know how long they can survive just selling DVD's and BluRay movies, either, although I guess there's considerable meat on the bone for resold video game consoles.