Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: REI

1. Default Re: REI

Yeah and OCU is about 200 yards from crack town. One of the lovely things about OKC and why it's difficult to get retail in here. A little distance means the world. That .3 miles is the difference of Bell Isle and Nichols Hills.....

Default Re: REI

OCU is retail? Man, crack has really helped push up those home values in Gatewood.

Also, Classen Curve isn't Nichols Hills.

It's about 0.3 miles from NH. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    You would think they would want to be open before the holiday shopping season but they don't seem to be in any hurry.
    They really picked up the pace after you posted this. Exterior work is practically done now.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    They really picked up the pace after you posted this. Exterior work is practically done now.
    Right and they just let the contract for interior finish. My understanding is they plan to open in early November.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Yeah and OCU is about 200 yards from crack town. One of the lovely things about OKC and why it's difficult to get retail in here. A little distance means the world. That .3 miles is the difference of Bell Isle and Nichols Hills.....
    Aww man i didnt know i lived in Cracktown
    Hopefully one day i can get clean and ill finally be able to move to MWC. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    Hopefully one day i can get clean and ill finally be able to move to MWC. Fingers crossed.
    People tend to toss around "lol"- I literally laughed, out loud, at this comment.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    Ah so that’s why you love streetcars so much!? It all makes sense now

Hmm, a little sad at how it looks compared to other REI locations

The interior finish out should start moving pretty quickly now.

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    Hmm, a little sad at how it looks compared to other REI locations
    The building doesn't look that bad. Everything else around it? Yeah. Pretty off-putting.

12. Default Re: REI

Pete, do you know when they are trying to open?

11/15

REI is now open. Pretty cool store for all your outdoor adventures.

When I was at the Member' Open House event on Thursday night they said they said the grand opening was the 15th.

I went here and was impressed. I couldn't really tell a difference between it and some of their other locations, but I normally just shop the camping and hiking sections. An employee told me they are still getting inventory and will have to rearrange some things to accommodate a large kayak display. They'll also begin having more classes in the future and it should be a great way to show people how much outdoor recreation Oklahoma has.

I went this past Sunday. I rather enjoyed the wall background behind the registers (Charon's Gardens at sunset in Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge). They also used the same for their member's catalog I received in the mail the other day for the upcoming grand opening. I am gonna try to make it on Sunday afternoon.

18. Default Re: REI

Quote Originally Posted by cinnamonjock View Post
    I went here and was impressed. I couldn't really tell a difference between it and some of their other locations, but I normally just shop the camping and hiking sections. An employee told me they are still getting inventory and will have to rearrange some things to accommodate a large kayak display. They'll also begin having more classes in the future and it should be a great way to show people how much outdoor recreation Oklahoma has.
    I was wondering about the lack of kayaking stuff in-store. Glad to hear they'll be squeezing some of that in.

Blog Entries

A friend was looking for a particular product they have on their website (a particular brand/type of cycling shoe) and the salesperson commented that the OKC store was too small of a store to carry everything and so that particular product would not be available at this store...

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    A friend was looking for a particular product they have on their website (a particular brand/type of cycling shoe) and the salesperson commented that the OKC store was too small of a store to carry everything and so that particular product would not be available at this store...
    As web commerce grows & physical retail contracts, it isn't uncommon for an item to be available on the website but not in a retail store. I wouldn't knock OKC on this at all. The last cycling shoes I bought from an LBS had to be ordered.

Blog Entries

I was kinda sorta replying to the comment about lack of kayak stuff by saying it's a smaller store that doesn't have as much stuff....

22. Default Re: REI

I dont think there's ANY store that has everything. ...
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Thread Information