Widgets Magazine
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 2015 OKC Energy FC

Default Re: 2015 OKC Energy FC

It didn't look great on the broadcast, probably between 2,000-3,000 in Scottsdale.

Great win for the boys. Looking forward to a home playoff game!

The home match will either be Saturday, September 26th or Sunday, October 4th.

Dues to Colorado Springs losing on Saturday and Sacramento/Arizona playing to a draw this weekend, the Energy are locked into the #2 spot in the division. First round bye! The match will be October 4 at 6PM.

4. Default Re: 2015 OKC Energy FC

The first Energy playoff game is next Sunday, if y'all don't have tickets yet you can get them through the grid website for pretty cheap. Hurry though because they are going fast, the supporters section is gonna be crazy.

The Grid

Quote Originally Posted by kwhey View Post
    Dues to Colorado Springs losing on Saturday and Sacramento/Arizona playing to a draw this weekend, the Energy are locked into the #2 spot in the division. First round bye! The match will be October 4 at 6PM.
    So what was the tiebreaker? Not goal differential obviously.

6. Default Re: 2015 OKC Energy FC

I was wondering the same thing? Was it head-to-head record?

Yep, head to head with OC. We drew one and lost one.

8. Default Re: 2015 OKC Energy FC

Only 16 tickets left at $10. Grab one while you can!

https://squareup.com/market/one-voic...ead=item_embed

Blog Entries

https://youtu.be/4S2RNPo5VuY
    2015 USL Playoffs - OKC Energy FC vs Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC

Blog Entries

Oklahoma City Energy FC vs. Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC - Taft Stadium Sunday, October 4, 2015

With LA's win over Orange County last night, a win tonight for OKC gets us a second home playoff game. Let's do this!

Anyone hitting up either of the tailgates? I know the Grid has their tailgate and then the club is having a tailgate for season ticket holders themselves with free food from BW3 and free beer (allegedly).

Damn tonight was AMAZING!

13. Default Re: 2015 OKC Energy FC

Newton was incredible last night. On two of the PK's that he didn't save he guessed the right side and almost saved them. What a beautiful night for soccer in OKC.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	48 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	11578

Blog Entries

Great 3-2 win to advance. Playoff attendance vs. Colorado Switchback @ Taft 6,370. The last three crowds at Taft have exceeded 6,000; this should be a springboard for next season (2016). Taft's seating capacity 7,500 should provide an atmosphere which allows the team to build on its base supporters.

Last 3 home game attendance figures:

August 29, Austin 2-0 win. Attendance: 6,089
    September 12, Colorado Springs 3-3 tie. Attendance: 6,847 Largest crowd in Energy FC's history.
    October 4, Colorado Springs 3-2 playoff win. Attendance: 6,370

OKC15 - United Soccer League

The Funks should take note; continue with plans to build that soccer specific stadium. A central core setting like Bricktown or the riverfront should make for a great atmosphere. The Funks are on target to make their benchmarks:

Energy FC considers where to build soccer stadium in Oklahoma City | News OK

You will probably need more like phase I: 8,000 - 10,000 seats for a starter; then proceed with exceeding 20,000-seat MLS ready requirements. A partnership with the city to get something on MAPS IV riverfront where the city owns the land. A $25 - $50 million range starter that can eventually be expanded to meet MLS-ready requirements.

Do you think the Energy will be ready for the next level as we approach 2017-2020?

Definitely want to hear from Bochard on this; he has good insight on what soccer venues might fit OKC's goal.

16. Default Re: 2015 OKC Energy FC

I don't see the Energy maintaining those attendance marks next year and that stadium is not coming anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post

Great 3-2 win to advance. Playoff attendance vs. Colorado Switchback @ Taft 6,370. The last three crowds at Taft have exceeded 6,000; this should be a springboard for next season (2016). Taft's seating capacity 7,500 should provide an atmosphere which allows the team to build on its base supporters.

Last 3 home game attendance figures:

August 29, Austin 2-0 win. Attendance: 6,089
    September 12, Colorado Springs 3-3 tie. Attendance: 6,847 Largest crowd in Energy FC's history.
    October 4, Colorado Springs 3-2 playoff win. Attendance: 6,370

OKC15 - United Soccer League

The Funks should take note; continue with plans to build that soccer specific stadium. A central core setting like Bricktown or the riverfront should make for a great atmosphere. The Funks are on target to make their benchmarks:

Energy FC considers where to build soccer stadium in Oklahoma City | News OK

You will probably need more like phase I: 8,000 - 10,000 seats for a starter; then proceed with exceeding 20,000-seat MLS ready requirements. A partnership with the city to get something on MAPS IV riverfront where the city owns the land. A $25 - $50 million range starter that can eventually be expanded to meet MLS-ready requirements.

Do you think the Energy will be ready for the next level as we approach 2017-2020?

Definitely want to hear from Bochard on this; he has good insight on what soccer venues might fit OKC's goal.
    I really think they need to get out of their lease at Taft, whether they build a new stadium, or not. (and my money is on them NOT building a stadium.) We've already seen how Sacramento was able to build a "temporary" stadium, that seats 11,000 for around $3-4 million. I think they should seriously look at Bricktown Ballpark.
    Put it this way, if they announce tomorrow that they are moving to the Bricktown Ballpark next year I'll buy season tickets. To continue the momentum they've built up this season, they need to get out of the high school stadium milieu.
    And, yes, if things had turned out differently, and it was OKCFC playing at Taft his year with the same attendance figures, I'd say the same thing.
    Other than BTBP, there are no other places they could play in the interim. Every other location is still a high school football stadium, except for Wantland Stadium in Edmond, and I'm sure NOBODY wants them to move there.

What's wrong with Wantland (besides distance and a dry campus?).

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    What's wrong with Wantland (besides distance and a dry campus?).
    I believe that is what's wrong with Wantland.

Quote Originally Posted by OkiePoke View Post
    I believe that is what's wrong with Wantland.
    Ok, that's what I was wondering. Capacity and facilities wise, it would seem to be a good fit.

So you want to share a stadium with a baseball team and have soccer played on dirt infields? WTF guys?

22. Default Re: 2015 OKC Energy FC

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    So you want to share a stadium with a baseball team and have soccer played on dirt infields? WTF guys?
    That would be pretty stupid imo.

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    That would be pretty stupid imo.
    Why? There's a pretty big history of professional sports teams sharing stadiums. Pro Football and Baseball do it all the time. Why not soccer?

24. Default Re: 2015 OKC Energy FC

It's been discussed here at length but baseball stadiums just are not great for soccer stadiums. To me that would deteriorate the fan experience.

Do we want to be Tulsa?

The answer to that is of course no.

Thread Information