Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 OKC Energy FC

Default Re: 2015 OKC Energy FC

What do you need in a scoreboard that the video board doesn't already provide? Show me a clock and score and in soccer I am good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Considering they have already had several matches way over the capacity of McGuiness, I'd say no.
    That's actually not true, though. The biggest crowd last year at McGuinness was 4,722. They have only had one crowd larger than that so far this year. There were announced crowds last year of;

So far, except for the opening night McGuinness could definitely have held the crowds so far this year

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    What do you need in a scoreboard that the video board doesn't already provide? Show me a clock and score and in soccer I am good.
    If you can can actually see the time on that video board, then your eyes are much better than mine.

Quote Originally Posted by borchard View Post
    If you can can actually see the time on that video board, then your eyes are much better than mine.
    Own a watch? You can keep time in soccer

5. Default Re: 2015 OKC Energy FC

To get butts in the stands we are going to need word of mouth, simple as that. I've taken a few buddies to games and sat in the supporters section and they loved it and want to go back. What they don't need to hear is how ****ty the Funks are, or how bad the Barons did, what they need to hear is that the Energy are on an awesome winning streak and they get to play FC Dallas in the Open Cup. I understand not liking the owner ship, I'm pretty sure a lot of the EPL teams supporters don't like their ownership but they still support their teams. Just need to get behind the team itself and build it up, if we do that and let people know we have a pretty decent team to support I'm sure more will show up.

Blog Entries

Energy FC Re: 2015 OKC Energy FC

Oklahoma City Energy FC - Record: 5-2-3 Home: 4-1-0 Away: 1-1-3

Home Game number Home Date Guest Team & Results Taft Stadium Seating Capacity - 7,500 Attendance Average
    #1 Sat., April 18 Seattle Sounders II 2-1 win 6,797 6,797
    #2 Sat., April 25 St. Louis FC 2-1 loss 4,383 5,590
    #3 Sat - May 23 Sacramento Republic 2-1 win 3,717 4,966
    #4 Sun - May 31 Austin Aztex 1-0 win 4,291 4,797
    #5 Fri - June 5 Portland Timbers II 2-0 win 3,133 4,464

From April 18 to May 23 (5 weeks between home games 2 & 3.) Energy FC were @ Austin for 1 game on Fri., May 1, (Attendance: 2696 @ House Park Stadium, Austin).

USL - Source: League - Schedules - United Soccer League

After tonight's 2-0 win over Vancouver, the Energy are now in 1st place in the West.

Quote Originally Posted by borchard View Post
    The attendance has gone down every game so far. So are they going to have to schedule game son nights when NOTHING is going on? Seriously? As a comparison Sacramento Republic has had three home games on the same night when the Sacramento River Cats have also had a baseball game. They sold out all three (11,000) ...
    The attendance numbers seem hard to get worried about yet. Starting strong and tapering down as the season goes along happens with a lot of entertainment products, other of our minor league sports have shown a similar pattern, it happens with many major league teams and it is noticeable with TV series too.

This is the second year and they just stepped up from a smaller venue. Sacramento is the league lead in attendance, last year they had nearly double the second place teams attendance, and like four and a half times the average of the rest of the teams in the league. We were number four in attendance last year and look to be in a similar position again, probably the only good thing comparing our attendance to Sacramento is good for is speculating about which team is most plausible to be promoted to a higher league if could come up with the money and stadium to do so.

Soccer Franchise Owner Hit With $2M Suit Over League Exit
    By Benjamin Horney

Law360, New York (June 9, 2015, 6:52 PM ET) -- The North American Soccer League has filed suit in New York Supreme Court against the owner of an Oklahoma City professional soccer franchise, seeking more than $2 million for an alleged breach of contract related to the team's improper withdrawal from the league.

NASL hits Tim McLaughlin owner of USL Energy FC with $2M law suit over league exit : MLS

Blog Entries

NASL Jacksonville Armada:

The energy and youthful vigor from that Armada staff paid off in the early going in the franchise’s short Jacksonville history. In the seven home preseason and regular season games, the Armada attracted a combined 64,526 fans. The first regular season home game broke North American Soccer League regular-season attendance records when more than 16,000 fans descended on EverBank Field to watch the Armada defeat FC Edmonton.
    Jacksonville Armada soccer team has already sold over 64,000 tickets, plans multi-year presence | jacksonville.com

Jacksonville (40th largest metro, 1,419,127) is an example of a city that has invested in its facilities. Oklahoma City needs to eventually build some kind of football stadium which could possibly bring some (OU & OSU) non-conference football games to the city in addition to NFL exhibition games along with soccer. Oklahoma City (42nd largest metro -1,336,767) needs something beyond the specs of Taft Stadium (an excellent facility for high school football & minor league soccer).

OKC doesn't have the soccer history of NASL cities like Jacksonville, Rochester and Tulsa. A reputable facility could make a difference.

If the Energy FC want to get to the MLS; they will need to partner with the city to build something that could eventually be used to get OKC to the next level. MLS will expand by 4 before 2020. There could be another wave of expansion or possible relocations following 2020.

That picture has more people than a Jaguars game lol

Blog Entries

Oklahoma City Energy FC vs. Tulsa Roughnecks FC - 06-13-15 (Taft Stadium).

NASL Lawsuit vs Former OKC Owner Explained (kind of) - Articles - Articles - Homepage - Northern Pitch

The NASL’s Claims Against McLaughlin

The complaint describes the issue as an effort at collection of money owed, which is true in a sense. It may be a matter of semantics, but the lawsuit involves more than not paying an invoice. The parties have a contract with mutual obligations. The NASL says the contract was not followed. And presumably, McLaughlin will take the opposite position. Consequently, this lawsuit is a matter of contract interpretation and allegations of breaching the league’s contracts. Along those lines, the NASL is asserting 3 different flavors of claims.

1. Breach of Withdrawal Payment Obligations ---- NASL believes OKC withdrawal was a “Default Withdrawal” and not a “Proper Withdrawal.” These labels are defined terms in the contract, and determining the correct label determines how much the team owes for leaving. And OKC states it was a “proper” withdrawal and paid less than what the NASL wanted.

2. Breach of Asset Management Obligations ---- The NASL asserts that OKC was required to give the NASL its stadium lease under the agreement with the league.

3. Breach of Generic Obligations to Cooperate with League ---- The OKC contract with the league requires reasonable cooperation with the League’s commercial agreements, merchandizing, media rights, and the like.

You say you care about about soccer in OKC, but I have never seen you post about games, players, results, etc. Just attendance, Prodigal, and other general gripes.

Great win. Also, the Roustabouts have the most unoriginal songs and chants. Also a "KD to DC" sign was stupid considering most Tulsans I know also support the Thunder

So once again, nothing to say about the lawsuit? Just say post negative comments about me because I haven't drank the Kool-aid?!? I guess you also missed that I've actually been to two games. Which is 200% more than almost a million other people in the OKC metro

I don't give a **** about what the other part of the metro does, nor do I care about lawsuits. I care about soccer.

Beat Tulsa tonight 2-0 and now top of the table!

Great time Saturday night. Brought a non-soccer buddy, who couldn't believe the atmosphere in the south end. He's hooked and is on-board.

Pano shot from the south.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PanoramaTulsa.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	2.54 MB 
ID:	10936

The traveling fans from Tulsa.

Name:	Tulsa Roustabouts.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	3.98 MB 
ID:	10937

Green smoke from The Grid.

Name:	TulsaGreenSmoke.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	2.78 MB 
ID:	10938

Very cool.

Does the Grid have songs about Tulsa yet?

Yep, a few were directed at Tulsa. The atmosphere was definitely more rowdy than against other opponents. All in all a great night. We just need to get more fans in the stands.

21. Default Re: 2015 OKC Energy FC

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Very cool.

Does the Grid have songs about Tulsa yet?
    We have a few, I mean some of them you can just take out Tulsa and add a different city to it.

Build a bonfire
    Build a bonfire
    Put Tulsa at the top
    Put the Roughnecks in the middle
    and we'll burn the f*cking lot.

Tulsa backwards
    Tulsa backwards
    Tulsa backwards is asluT

You are from Tulsa
    From f*cking Tulsa
    You're only happy on welfare day
    Your moms a hooker
    your dads a dealer
    Please don't take my hubcaps away.

When is the press box supposed to be finished?

The Tulsa supporters need some help, their chants and songs were pretty weak or plain unoriginal. Convenience store smack? I laughed, but that's it's sad that's what you have to resort to because you are losing.

I also didn't get the "We shot first" sign that one dude was holding.

24. Default Re: 2015 OKC Energy FC

The Tulsa supporters need some help, their chants and songs were pretty weak or plain unoriginal. Convenience store smack? I laughed, but that's it's sad that's what you have to resort to because you are losing.

They like to try and claim the old Roughnecks 1983 championship. That doesn't make sense though because the old roughnecks were in a different league and this roughnecks team had their name voted on. It's like if we were to vote and name ourselves Real Madrid 2 we can claim all their champions ships.

Where were you sitting? Just curious, because in the south end, we could not hear a single song or chant from them.
    I was curious what they would come up with, but never heard anything but the one snare drum.

Thread Information