Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 OKC Energy FC

Default Re: 2015 OKC Energy FC

They are now 5-2-3 and right in the thick of the division race.

But only have scored 16 goals while giving up 13.

That's a pretty tight goal differential.

Last night was great, being right there behind the goal when the Energy score is awesome.

All those early ties hurt that goal differential plus we aren't blowing anyone out, but good to get 3 points.

Michael Thomas' forehead got exploded open last night, hope he is okay.

There was no excuse for the attendance. Perfect weather. Friday night game. No Arts Festival this time. Even the supporter's section wasn't full. My wife and I both have noticed that after deluging the area with advertising last year, and even at the beginning of this year, all of a sudden Prodigal has slacked off, it seems.

That entire south grandstand is not all The Grid, it's also general admission.

I expect Friday games to have smaller crowds than Saturday. A lot of folks just want to get the F home after a week of work. We almost did, we had a griping four year old that almost forced us to miss.

Quote Originally Posted by borchard View Post
    There was no excuse for the attendance. Perfect weather. Friday night game. No Arts Festival this time. Even the supporter's section wasn't full. My wife and I both have noticed that after deluging the area with advertising last year, and even at the beginning of this year, all of a sudden Prodigal has slacked off, it seems.
    They were competing against the Dodgers last night. Announced attendance was 10, 800 at the Brick.

Quote Originally Posted by elitespy View Post
    OKC didn't put in a bid to host any of the games. I'm not entirely sure why, but that is why it is being played in Dallas. If I understand correctly, none of the USOC matches will be held in OKC.
    They don't go by a bid process anymore. That changed in 2011. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	169.0 KB 
ID:	10917

The team is playing well and have won 5 straight in all competitions and undefeated in 6 straight. Evan Newton has had 3 straight clean sheets and has been a definite upgrade in goal over last year.

Blog Entries

Energy FC Re: 2015 OKC Energy FC

Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    Tonights attendance was 3,113 lowest this season.Don't know why there wasn't more of a crowd for tonights game
    Good home win against the Portland Timbers 2.

My estimate was 3,000 (slightly less than half full). The Oklahoman listed the crowd as 4,291 in this morning's paper; maybe that included no shows or actual paid attendance.

Greig scored both goals in Oklahoma City Energy FC's 2-0 victory over Portland Timbers FC 2 on Friday night at Taft Stadium in United Soccer League action before 4,291 fans.
    You also had 10,000 packed into Bricktown Ballpark watching the Dodgers take on Sacramento.

YouTube telecast: The Energy FC crowd was very vocal for those in attendance.

I am curious if it has anything to do with it being on Friday as opposed to their other games that fell on a Saturday.

The attendance has gone down every game so far. So are they going to have to schedule game son nights when NOTHING is going on? Seriously? As a comparison Sacramento Republic has had three home games on the same night when the Sacramento River Cats have also had a baseball game. They sold out all three (11,000) And, surprise surprise, my wife and I were actually at the game (dressed in Timbers gear). We were both disappointed in the crowd. Even though I loathe all things Bob and Tim I want soccer to succeed here. So what need to be done?

The attendance has gone down every game so far. So are they going to have to schedule game son nights when NOTHING is going on? Seriously? As a comparison Sacramento Republic has had three home games on the same night when the Sacramento River Cats have also had a baseball game. They sold out all three (11,000) And, surprise surprise, my wife and I were actually at the game (dressed in Timbers gear). We were both disappointed in the crowd. Even though I loathe all things Bob and Tim I want soccer to succeed here. So what need to be done?
    Lol. You are pathetic always showing up in different teams gear. ��

How about borchard you stay in your glory days Blazer thread and stay out of this one.

You going and buying the opponents gear for each game? You need help

Blog Entries

Time and the exposure to the game itself.

Sacramento has 2.4 million in its metro area; that's roughly 1 million more than OKC (Sactown has the population of both OKC & TUL). NBA franchises account for most of the spectator dollars & corporate support in both OKC & Sacramento. You attended the game; you did your part regardless of which team you enthusiastically supported--you paid for the Timbers to get laid .

There's not a big difference in the level of play between the NASL & the USL. As for the future of soccer in OKC; we will just have to wait and see.

14. Default Re: 2015 OKC Energy FC

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post

Sacramento has 2.4 million in its metro area; that's roughly 1 million more than OKC (Sactown has the population of both OKC & TUL). NBA franchises account for most of the spectator dollars & corporate support in both OKC & Sacramento. You attended the game; you did your part regardless of which team you enthusiastically supported--you paid for the Timbers to get laid .

There's not a big difference in the level of play between the NASL & the USL. As for the future of soccer in OKC; we will just have to wait and see.
    Well, except USL went 6-0-1 against NASL teams in the Open Cup, lol.

So...no one wants to answer my question? Why has attendance gone down every game?

PTFC is my favorite MLS team. My wife wore a Timbers shirt for me. Her favorite team is Seattle. So for that game I wore a Sounders shirt for her. So, we have now gone to 200% more games this year than last. So people can put us down, call us pathetic, say I "need help". But we have supported this team more than a majority of people in OKC, apparently. My question is why? It seems all the positive momentum from last year has been squandered. Why? And how? Has no one else noticed the dearth of advertising recently? Have they blown their wad already? Is there a big surge planned? Will they start giving away a car every Saturday? Because that worked for the Bar.... Oh wait. It didn't.

Don't feed the troll...

[Use Ignore User]

Hey look, my team lost. That's over and done. No NASL in OKC. So now, it's only the Energy. And as much as I detest the ass weasels who run the Energy, I really do want soccer to succeed here. So;
    1. WILL it succeed in it's current form?
    2. HOW will it succeed?
    3. WHY has attendance gone down every game this year?
    3. WHAT needs to be done to right the ship?

Or, you can just keep referring to me as a troll and blissfully ignore the issues and not acknowledge that, like foreshadowing in a bad Italian movie, there was a Barons van parked in the parking lot on Friday night and MAYBE it was a bad omen ;-)
    Soccer succeeding in OKC really is important to me. I didn't give enough craps about the Barons to invest time to even ask these questions.

Hey look, my team lost. That's over and done. No NASL in OKC. So now, it's only the Energy. And as much as I detest the ass weasels who run the Energy, I really do want soccer to succeed here. So;
    1. WILL it succeed in it's current form?
    2. HOW will it succeed?
    3. WHY has attendance gone down every game this year?
    3. WHAT needs to be done to right the ship?

Or, you can just keep referring to me as a troll and blissfully ignore the issues and not acknowledge that, like foreshadowing in a bad Italian movie, there was a Barons van parked in the parking lot on Friday night and MAYBE it was a bad omen ;-)
    Soccer succeeding in OKC really is important to me. I didn't didn't give enough craps about the Barons to invest time to even ask these questions.
    They use the Barons van to bring merchandise from the team store to the games, probably just haven't got around to painting it. Not exactly high priority I would think.

What I found interesting Friday night was the west stands were more full for the first time this season than the east. How much of that was people going over there to avoid sitting in the sun I don't know, but just an observation.

I do think tickets were a little steep this year, I think they were trying to gauge to see how much people would actually pay to see if someday MLS was attainable, but I think that was probably done too soon. Needed to keep them lower to build a bigger following first then try that.

Want to do your part, invite friends to games. We've done that as much as we can and it's helped build some interest with typically non-soccer people. We have a couple that is now looking at season tickets who we brought to a game and had a blast. That's the easiest way to drum up interest, as a game attending fan, in my opinion.

Pahdz, the MLS ship has sailed. Unless one of the 5 "big guns" want a MLS team we wont get one. The expansion fee is way to high now.
    I think leaving McGuinness was a huge mistake, yea they are now able to sell beer at games but it looked so much better with a packed house as opposed to 1/2 empty now.

Anyone know who the actual man in charge is at Prodigal?

I am well aware MLS is a slim possibility I was just mentioning why they increased prices.

Couldn't disagree more on the stadium. Appearing full does not trump the huge jump in quality of facility.

Blog Entries

IMO: Wouldn't be so quick to say that the Major League Soccer (MLS) ship has sailed. You think that MLS expansion is the only option?

Kept hearing this about NHL hockey in OKC all through the 90s; OKC got passed up by the NHL for those last two franchises which were awarded to St. Paul & Columbus. Among the 4 NHL expansion & 1 relocation franchise (Nashville, Atlanta, St. Paul, Columbus & Raleigh) awarded in '97, St. Paul (Minnesota Wild) is the only consistent box office success. Hartford Whalers were relocated to Raleigh in that time frame.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance

We did better than NHL hockey--NBA Thunder baby!

Final:
    As with the NBA, the city needs to build a facility if we ever want to attract MLS.

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    I am well aware MLS is a slim possibility I was just mentioning why they increased prices.

Couldn't disagree more on the stadium. Appearing full does not trump the huge jump in quality of facility.
    I agree with you about MLS. IMO it is not going to happen. I kind of disagree about the facility, at least at this point. It's painfully obvious (and Yes, if my team were the ones playing there I'd have to be honest and admit it, too) that the stadium isn't really complete. We walked under the west stands on Friday night and were greeted by a pile of aluminum rods just laying there. My wife was afraid that kids would run into them. Also, there is no scoreboard. The press box isn't finished. No ticket booth built. Would it have been better to stay at McGuinness until the field was COMPLETELY ready?

IMO: Wouldn't be so quick to say that the Major League Soccer (MLS) ship has sailed. You think that MLS expansion is the only option?

Kept hearing this about NHL hockey in OKC all through the 90s; OKC got passed up by the NHL for those last two franchises which were awarded to St. Paul & Columbus. Among the 4 NHL expansion & 1 relocation franchise (Nashville, Atlanta, St. Paul, Columbus & Raleigh) awarded in '97, St. Paul (Minnesota Wild) is the only consistent box office success. Hartford Whalers were relocated to Raleigh in that time frame.

2014-2015 NHL Attendance - National Hockey League - ESPN

We did better than NHL hockey--NBA Thunder baby!

Final:
    As with the NBA, the city needs to build a facility if we ever want to attract MLS.
    And don't forget that Atlanta relocated to Winnipeg

Would it have been better to stay at McGuinness until the field was COMPLETELY ready?
    Considering they have already had several matches way over the capacity of McGuiness, I'd say no.

Thread Information