Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 OKC Energy FC

Default Re: 2015 OKC Energy FC

I just talked to a trusted source who said it's not cancelled, but they have been debating how to handle the weather. He said to me (and I agree) it's professional sports, you see it out till the very end. I am in agreement with him.

2. Default Re: 2015 OKC Energy FC

The Energy's twitter tweeted that it was moved to 8/4/15.

3. Default Re: 2015 OKC Energy FC

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    The Energy's twitter tweeted that it was moved to 8/4/15.
    Yeah, that sucks. Oh well.

If we were playing Tulsa we'd probably still be playing. I see the travel side of the argument of Galaxy II

Jimmy said that this past week that it could get canceled due to travel issues with LA Galaxy II and he announced the game got canceled to the media this morning

Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    Jimmy said that this past week that it could get canceled due to travel issues with LA Galaxy II and he announced the game got canceled to the media this morning
    Not cancelled, but rescheduled.

7. Default Re: 2015 OKC Energy FC

Energy in action tonight, watch party at Skinny Slims if anybody is interested.

Blog Entries

Seattle Sounders FC2 vs. Oklahoma City Energy FC - S2 hosts OKC Energy FC at Starfire Stadium in Tukwila, WA @ 9:30 CST.

That first goal by the Energy was really nice. Wish the defense could have held up.

Blog Entries

Energy FC Re: 2015 OKC Energy FC

Lamar Hunt U. S. Open Cup: Roughnecks vs OKC Energy - 5/27/2015

Final:
    Oklahoma City Energy FC . . . . 1
    Tulsa Roughnecks FC . . . . . . . . 0

I think USL is 6-0 vs the NASL tonight.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OKCretro View Post
    I think USL is 6-0 vs the NASL tonight.
    USL Squads Dominate U.S. Open Cup Third Round - OurSports Central - Independent and Minor League Sports News

Energy FC vs FC Dallas on June 16th in Fort Worth. It should be fun.

Completely don't understand why US Soccer awarded this game to FCD. They can't play in their own stadium, due to construction which has been planned for quite a while. And their BEST option(?) is to play the game 54 miles away in a stadium that only holds 1,500 people?!?! And people wonder why the USOC isn't seen as that big of a deal by the rest of the non-soccer country. the USOC SHOULD have awarded the game to OKC, if FCD couldn't come up with a better option than Garvey-Rosenthal stadium.

15. Default Re: 2015 OKC Energy FC

Quote Originally Posted by borchard View Post
    Completely don't understand why US Soccer awarded this game to FCD. They can't play in their own stadium, due to construction which has been planned for quite a while. And their BEST option(?) is to play the game 54 miles away in a stadium that only holds 1,500 people?!?! And people wonder why the USOC isn't seen as that big of a deal by the rest of the non-soccer country. the USOC SHOULD have awarded the game to OKC, if FCD couldn't come up with a better option than Garvey-Rosenthal stadium.
    OKC didn't put in a bid to host any of the games. I'm not entirely sure why, but that is why it is being played in Dallas. If I understand correctly, none of the USOC matches will be held in OKC.

Blog Entries

Is this some kind of sick joke?

Fort Worth's Garvey-Rosenthal Stadium, campus of TCU - Capacity 1,500

What's in that blue barrel? Pickles?

Last time I was in Fort Worth; visited my Cousin Isabella Knootz before she died, looks like her blue pickle barrel.

Wow...that seems like a bad idea, in retrospect. Everyone on here probably knows by now about my anti-boner towards all things Bob and Tim. But what a complete bungled cluster foxtrot to NOT see the benefit of a possible home game against an MLS team!??! Boneheads.

Blog Entries

Oklahoma City Energy FC 1 - Austin Aztex 0

19. Default Re: 2015 OKC Energy FC

Quote Originally Posted by borchard View Post
    Wow...that seems like a bad idea, in retrospect. Everyone on here probably knows by now about my anti-boner towards all things Bob and Tim. But what a complete bungled cluster foxtrot to NOT see the benefit of a possible home game against an MLS team!??! Boneheads.
    Hey something we can agree on, lol.

20. Default Re: 2015 OKC Energy FC

I just wanted post this here to let everyone know where we tailgate before every home match (yellow area). Come and join us this Friday!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TheGrid_Tailgate.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	194.0 KB 
ID:	10880

Blog Entries

Oklahoma City Energy FC vs. Portland Timbers 2 - Llive from historic Taft Stadium in Oklahoma City.

Interested to see what the attendance will be. I just checked the website and there are literally thousands of seats still available. Perfect weather for tonight, too.

Blog Entries

Oklahoma City has reached a level of transition in professional sports. The OKC Thunder as of 2014-15 season accumulated 205 consecutive sellouts which dates back to 2010-2011 (five seasons).

If OKC used the old Continental Basketball Association's Oklahoma City Calvary as a benchmark to determine our city's capacity to support a big league franchise, we would never have obtained the Thunder. The Calvary had one good season where the team averaged 5,000 fans. We thought that since the CHL Oklahoma City Blazers averaged 8,000 to 11,000 in what was seen as their lucrative years that OKC was ripe for the NHL.

The success or failure of any minor league soccer franchise should not be used as a gauge to determine if OKC is ready for Major League Soccer (MLS). Listed below are the components necessary for the next level:

1. Population
    2. Facilities
    3. Ownership

Until our city invests in an MLS type facility; you will continue to see minor league teams & athletes come and go. We would not have an NBA franchise if our current arena was not used as a corner stone to lure a big league franchise.

Tonights attendance was 3,113 lowest this season.Don't know why there wasn't more of a crowd for tonights game

We can always use the "b-but there's just so much other stuff to do in insert city here" excuse.

Cities have used that for their teams for years. Usually for pro teams, but it's close enough.

Thread Information