Widgets Magazine
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 181920212223

Thread: 2015 OKC Energy FC

1. Default Re: 2015 OKC Energy FC

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    USL has some great individual talent on the independent (non affiliated) clubs; however, the USL continues to trend toward development for the MLS or an MLS2 league as many MLS teams have their development clubs playing in the same city--in some cases the same venue.
    This is my biggest complaint about the USL. I mean 8 USL teams can't even compete in the US Open Cup because of it. It makes the USL feel less legitimate, imo.

Default Re: 2015 OKC Energy FC

This thread isn't worth looking at anymore.

3. Default Re: 2015 OKC Energy FC

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    This thread isn't worth looking at anymore.
    It really isn't, I couldn't care less about Rayo and I'm kinda sick of Energy fans talking about em. Let them do their thing in Yukon, if we meet em in the open cup that's fine but I'm not going to waste my breath on a club that I have absolutely no interest in. We should just get back to talking soccer and let the play on the field determine who the better team is.

We should be talking about how happy we are to have Gaz and MT back. I'm feeling really good about going further in the playoffs this year.

I'd honestly rather watch kids up and coming maybe a year away from MLS over has been talent that sure, perhaps played for a NT or a better league abroad in the past, but is on the hind side of their career.

That being said, as an Energy fan and season ticket holder, I'll still check out a Rayo game or two, why not?

5. Default Re: 2015 OKC Energy FC

BTW, there is a 2016 Energy thread that was started.

Quote Originally Posted by bradh View Post
    I'd honestly rather watch kids up and coming maybe a year away from MLS....
    The you DEFINITELY need to follow Rayo OKC. I met one of the rookies last night, Hugo Rhoads. Came from Portland State. Looks like he has a chance to be one of the best young defenders in the league.
    We also signed another rookie defender out of UAB, Ian Svantesson. He's 6' 6"!
    Also, Jacksonville Armada just signed the USL MVP, Matt Fondy. You'll get to see him when they come here.

This happened with the okcfc pdl team as well. The team was already made up before the tryouts. Saw messages from the coaching staff to some of the guys. Theres lots of misunderstandings, but I do occasionally see older players that think they're best at indoor try and prove something at tryouts, just the way it is. Cant jump straight to usl. Lots of players have to go through the process(college, pdl/npsl). that's why you should always go to multiple tryouts. but yeah sometimes it is just about the money.

Thread Information