Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Northpark Mall

Default Re: Northpark Mall

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    Rococo closing really hurt us. That was our favorite date night destination.
    They've reopened on Western where The Barrel used to be, maybe a month ago?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    It's been several months now.

And when they opened on Western, they closed both the Northpark and N. Penn locations.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Yeah, it's just not as perfectly convenient for us as Northpark! We don't get out much.

Default North Park Mall

I remember sometime back in the late '80s or early '90s hearing from several people about North Park Mall being cut in half. Basically cut in the middle and the South side scrapped and a strip mall being built. The way the Mayfair area is being renovated you would think North Park Mall would get a face lift. Is North Park being slowly forgotten because the area around it is in slow decline? I hate it being just a "walkers mall " with a B C Clark store. What's the real deal with the present and future of North Park?

5. Default Re: North Park Mall

Quote Originally Posted by Cohiba View Post
    I remember sometime back in the late '80s or early '90s hearing from several people about North Park Mall being cut in half. Basically cut in the middle and the South side scrapped and a strip mall being built. The way the Mayfair area is being renovated you would think North Park Mall would get a face lift. Is North Park being slowly forgotten because the area around it is in slow decline? I hate it being just a "walkers mall " with a B C Clark store. What's the real deal with the present and future of North Park?
    "The area around it is in slow decline." Says who?

Blog Entries

Default Re: North Park Mall

Quote Originally Posted by Cohiba View Post
    Was never going to be cut up.
    Might want to tell the people in Quail Creek and along Memorial that they are in decline. It will be news to them. Maybe that explains why prices keep going up. Lol

7. Default Re: Northpark Mall

Aging = slow decline? Not always.

Looking at their website I see some really nice shops, restaurants and other boutique businesses. I think Norwalk and BC Clark have been there for years.

9. Default Re: Northpark Mall

We went to The Hamilton for cocktails last night and it was packed, both in front and in the speakeasy. I spoke with the owner of the mall a few weeks ago and they have a couple potential tenants lined up that will only increase foot traffic there. This property does just fine, and I totally disagree that the area around it is in any type of decline, slow or otherwise.

The only time I ever went to Northpark was to go to the dollar theater they had there years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    We went to The Hamilton for cocktails last night and it was packed, both in front and in the speakeasy. I spoke with the owner of the mall a few weeks ago and they have a couple potential tenants lined up that will only increase foot traffic there. This property does just fine, and I totally disagree that the area around it is in any type of decline, slow or otherwise.
    I agree. Plus, this particular mall has a really great maintenance consistency. It would only take a couple of anchor tenants to make this mall a sweet destination .

My parents live in Quail Creek and that neighborhood is absolutely not in decline. It's thriving. (although I think it could do with some better landscaping and unified fencing along May and 122nd). I think the Camelot neighborhood is also holding its own although it's been a little while since I've been in there.

However, the old Homeland shopping center on the NE corner is a major embarrassment and needs to be completely bulldozed and replaced with something entirely different. The apartments behind it have also seen better days. I'm encouraged with the new growth to the north of there with new houses but that whole east side of May for about a half-mile north of 122nd has always seemed really weird and disjointed to me.

As for the mall itself, when I was young it was the "preppy" mall and was full of higher-end stores. It would be nice for it to come back to life. I wish they had not put the Walgreens on the corner. That really, really cheapens it in my opinion.

Any update on when Tiny Bubbles or Bush League Sports Tavern will be opening?

Quote Originally Posted by ditm4567 View Post
    Any update on when Tiny Bubbles or Bush League Sports Tavern will be opening?
    Haven't even seen building permits yet.

I suspect it will be a while.

15. Default Re: Northpark Mall

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Haven't even seen building permits yet.

I suspect it will be a while.
    There's been work going on inside Tiny Bubbles since late summer. Work trucks blocking the drive. They even closed the drive right in front of the frontage for a month or so. It was a PIA! And a "Now Hiring / Open Soon" banner has been out for a couple of months. Working without permits maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    There's been work going on inside Tiny Bubbles since late summer. Work trucks blocking the drive. They even closed the drive right in front of the frontage for a month or so. It was a PIA! And a "Now Hiring / Open Soon" banner has been out for a couple of months. Working without permits maybe?
    Thanks for the info.; I did find the permit for Tiny Bubbles but the sports pub (to be located in the old Rococo space) has definitely not filed as of yet.

Sign permit:

S.J. Haggard to open at the end of April in The Shoppes at North Park
    (Not North Park Mall)

19. Default Re: Northpark Mall

^^^^^^^^
    Is Steve moving from NHP or is this going to be a second location? He’s been at NHP for a LOOOOOONG time. Maybe 30+ years.

The post says we welcome back S.J. Haggard. And photos of him and apparel.

21. Default Re: Northpark Mall

I suppose he was at Northpark before NHP? I don’t recall, if so. I just know he landed at NHP in the early nineties.

Per their instagram, they are moving to Shoppes at Northpark.

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    The only time I ever went to Northpark was to go to the dollar theater they had there years ago.
    That was the most out of place dollar theater ever... no one that went to that theater could afford anything else in that entire mall.

Quote Originally Posted by bamarsha View Post
    That was the most out of place dollar theater ever... no one that went to that theater could afford anything else in that entire mall.
    Back in the 80s it was considered a decent theater. Long before the mega theaters we now have. I remember standing in line all day to see The Empire Strikes Back there!

25. Default Re: Northpark Mall

I remember taking a HS date to a movie there and locking my keys in the car. Smooth move .....

Thread Information