Widgets Magazine

Thread: Car buying experience

1. Default Car buying experience

Wow. What an adventurous weekend.

I started with several models in mind. Hyundai Elantra, Saturn Ion2, Kia Spectra, Honda Civic, and the Dodge Neon. I added the Chevrolet Cobalt because I drove past Marc Heitz and thought "why not try it."

1. Automax-Price was good, but they were twisting my arm to buy right then. It was my first stop. I never went back due to high pressure. Hyundai Elantra

2. Big Red-I was not impressed with the feel of the Kia.

3. Marc Heitz-The salesman was low key. The car drove VERY well and it had a lot of things standard that were unusual. Chevrolet Cobalt.

4. Norman "Nobody"-I hated the comfort of the Neon. Salesman was low key.

5. Fowler Honda-Salesman was ok. The Civic was too high in price.

6. Bob Moore Saturn-I liked the salesman. Keith was right about them. I also liked he standard On Star. The instrument panel was in the center of the car. I did not like that.

7. Five Star Ford-The car was tiny. The salesman was no pressure. In fact lacked enthusiasm.

8. Edmond Hyundai-Great price, good salesman. Not sure if I really wanted the Hyundai due to low resale value.

9. Bob Howard (chevrolet, Honda, and Toyota)-Out of what I asked about Salesmen seemed ok.

10. Smiklas Chevrolet-Salesman was a bit pushy. tried to sell me what I did not want.

11. Yukon Chevrolet-Nice car. Could not strike a deal. Salesman was good. Low key.

12. Hudiburg Chevrolet-quoted me 14,500 but when I arrived they said is was a mistake. An honest man would have honored that quote. No sale.

13. Knipplemeier Chevrolet-The car would not start. That scared me off. No other cars available.

14. John Holt-I told them my terms and they tried to up them. No go.

15. City Chevrolet-salesman refused to give me a quote with out me giving "information." I layed rubber.

16. Frontier Chevrolet-Out of Cobalts. Nice salesman.

17. Diffee-Program cars. To high milage. Great sales staff.

18. Harvey's Chevrolet Shawnee)-Honored everything. Low key, low pressure. Great terms. I drive home a 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt this Saturday unless a last minute glitch occurs.

That is my critique of several local dealers. Any thoughts?

Default Re: Car buying experience

Though I cant give you any thoughts on the dealers, I can on the car. I think the Cobalt is a good choice and the other two I would have picked is the Hyundai or the Honda, both of those will run forever.

3. Default Re: Car buying experience

John Holt - The first place we went when my husband decided he wanted a Chevy Avalanche. They won't work with you on the price.

Knipplemeier Chevrolet- Where we bought the Avalanche. The sales person was easy talk to, the price was $4,000 less than what Holt wanted and the service has been wonderful.

Marc Heitz - We bought our daughters first car there and she bought her third car there. The sales people are pushy but we were able to argue down the price both times.

Not on your list:
    Volvo of OKC - We've purchased two cars from there. VERY low presure sales, excellent customer service.

4. Default Re: Car buying experience

Quote Originally Posted by okiemom
    John Holt - The first place we went when my husband decided he wanted a Chevy Avalanche. They won't work with you on the price.

Knipplemeier Chevrolet- Where we bought the Avalanche. The sales person was easy talk to, the price was $4,000 less than what Holt wanted and the service has been wonderful.

Marc Heitz - We bought our daughters first car there and she bought her third car there. The sales people are pushy but we were able to argue down the price both times.

Not on your list:
    Volvo of OKC - We've purchased two cars from there. VERY low presure sales, excellent customer service.
    Volvo was not on my interest list. I only mentioned the dealers I saw (except Eskridge which was another thread). Heitz did not seem pushy to me at all. Knipplemeier was out because the only car they had I was interested in failed to start. And Holt. Yes. I agree. They would not negotiate. Plus, when I told them I dod not want a car from another dealer, they did not listen to me. You either listen and not pressure me or I walk... I walked. The car I bought is in transit from the factory.

Thread Information