Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Over-Inflated" Local Media - The Oklahoman & WWLS The Sports Animal

Thunder Re: "Over-Inflated" Local Media - The Oklahoman & WWLS The Sports Animal

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    At the end of the day whether you choose politics, sports, or entertainment as a vocation you need to be thick skinned. Harry Truman summed it up quite well, " If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen". If Russ can't handle a reporter, maybe another field would suit him better. A reporters job is not dependent on whether or not the subject likes them. A professional athlete is not entitled to be always pitched softballs by the media.
    I know we're picking on The Sports Animal here (and to a degree, deservedly so) but this is also why I don't listen to The Franchise before and after an OU football game. I don't want to hear "The Party Line". Toby Rowland does a great job of calling the game, but don't expect an honest, hard opinion coming out of him. He's PAID by OU. I really doubt he will bite the hand that feeds him.

At these times I DO want to hear Traber and Eshbech. I love OU, but If they stink and Bob Stoops just flat out go out-coached, I want to hear someone SAY it!

I love Russell, but if he is ball-hoggin and jacking up 3's in a game, i want to hear someone SAY he is!

Default Re: "Over-Inflated" Local Media - The Oklahoman & WWLS The Sports Animal

So what is everyone's reaction to Tramel's article recently where he said that we need to face up to the fact that maybe The Thunder just aren't that good this year?

Default Re: "Over-Inflated" Local Media - The Oklahoman & WWLS The Sports Animal

I don't know, but I just heard several guys on WWLS this afternoon discussing that they did not know the NCAA and NFL used different sized footballs.

Hot sports take!

Thread Information