Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: REI finally coming to Oklahoma!

Default Re: REI finally coming to Oklahoma!

Destroying trees to build an outdoor store dedicated to sustainability in a generic suburban shopping center is ironic.

I’m just glad I can get my Sherwin-Williams fix after my hike now.

2. Default Re: REI finally coming to Oklahoma!

I've been pretty disappointed in the lack of camping gear in the OKC location. I really thought i would walk in there and want to just give them my money for stuff. Bass Pro and Academy seem to have a lot more in this space.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    I've been pretty disappointed in the lack of camping gear in the OKC location. I really thought i would walk in there and want to just give them my money for stuff. Bass Pro and Academy seem to have a lot more in this space.
    I would also put Sun & Ski Sports on the same level as REI. REI has name recognition and that’s it, the actual store isn’t that impressive unless you’re at one of their flagship locations (Seattle, Portland, Denver)

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Destroying trees to build an outdoor store dedicated to sustainability in a generic suburban shopping center is ironic.

I’m just glad I can get my Sherwin-Williams fix after my hike now.
    I'd love to know how Sherwin-Williams business works. I don't understand why they have so many stand alone stores in busy prime-real estate commercial areas like this. Most people go to lowe's or something to buy paint when the need strikes. I guess it must be contractors and people coming in to buy for major jobs?

But we all agree it's a sucky generic shopping center. Just a terrible design and I hate that we are still doing this. The rest of the country is slowly turning around and doing better developments, so it'll be a few more decades until Oklahoma gets the memo.

^ This parcel should’ve been included in the river district overlay which would not allow this type of development. Not sure why they didn’t capture these parcels around Turkey Mtn within the overlay.

It depends on what type of camping you want to do. If you are car camping then stick to Academy or even Walmart. REI is for people that carry all their gear on their back.

It depends on what type of camping you want to do. If you are car camping then stick to Academy or even Walmart. REI is for people that carry all their gear on their back.

Great place for it with especially with all the investment going into Turkey Mountain, the River Park Trails, and the additional damn on the Arkansas River in Jenks.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Great place for it with especially with all the investment going into Turkey Mountain, the River Park Trails, and the additional damn on the Arkansas River in Jenks.
    Its honestly better than the last proposed location. I just wish, like others, that it was a bit more of a mixed-use development.

Thread Information