Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Denver

Default Re: Denver

LOL at that rendering. The Front Range is 30 miles away and the hotel will be surrounded by treeless plains by the airport. Missed opportunity not having a stop on the commuter rail line though it could be added in the future I guess, since the line will run just to the north of it.

New project by Shea Properties breaking ground in December. 29-story apartment tower and 9-story office building.

8-story 277-unit slated to begin soon in booming RiverNorth District.

AMLI is developing a 304-unit apartment building in the Central Platte Valley. Should be breaking ground early 2016.

5. Default Re: Denver

Is the Gaylord still going to happen? I thought it was put on hold because the couldn't get a subsidy.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Is the Gaylord still going to happen? I thought it was put on hold because the couldn't get a subsidy.
    It's happening, they've already started site work. At 1500 rooms and well over a million square feet it will be one of the largest hotels under construction in the country.

Here is a great shot of the 22-story 1401 Lawrence office building currently under construction with Larimer Square in the foreground. The 40-story office development by Hines (1144 15th St) is also currently under construction about a block away.

(Photo by Ryan Dravitz at DenverInfill.com)

Recently moved from OKC to Denver. I'm so happy here, but Interested to keep this thread alive for news and updates - for the purpose of comparison and contrast on urban development. The future is bright for both cities.

Hey OKCTalk - would there be any interest for me to post news and updates on this thread for Denver? I could post news, updates and photos solely for the purpose of urban development compare and contrast? I'm a recent transplant from OKC to Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by UdonNoodles View Post
    Hey OKCTalk - would there be any interest for me to post news and updates on this thread for Denver? I could post news, updates and photos solely for the purpose of urban development compare and contrast? I'm a recent transplant from OKC to Denver.
    That would be awesome. Thanks.

Go for it, welcome to Denver! I've been posting a few updates on projects currently in the planning stages, but very little of what is under-construction. Denver is really booming right now.

Feel free to drop me a note if you have any questions about the city.

12. Default Re: Denver

I would love to hear news and see the growth of Denver as well, I was born and raised in the suburbs until my early 20s. (1997). I think I heard that they were trying to get 5 points cleaned up and fancy, did this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by tfvc.org View Post
    I would love to hear news and see the growth of Denver as well, I was born and raised in the suburbs until my early 20s. (1997). I think I heard that they were trying to get 5 points cleaned up and fancy, did this happen?
    They've been talking about that for years but movement for once there are actually projects underway on the Welton St. corridor. The old Rossonian is set to be developed with attached residential and office space.

And another is planned next door:

Five Points is very far along in the gentrification cycle, There is still some riff-raff around but for the most part its pretty safe and homes go in $600K+ range.

River North (along Brighton north of Coors Field) is actually the area that is REALLY booming these days.

The multiple textures and media make those buildings very interesting.

Nice photo of Skyhouse Denver under construction with Brown Palace next door.

(courtesy of DenverUrbanReview)

Potential new office and hotel development being marketed but nothing firm at this time. This block has had high hopes for quite some time, so this iteration is rather disappointing.

(Block162.com)

HangryHippo Guest

I'd kill for that to be built on the Stage Center block.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    I'd kill for that to be built on the Stage Center block.
    Agreed, it would be a great fit for OKC's Stage Center... or pretty much anywhere in Denver for that matter. The developer is very well regarded here in Denver and he made it be known that he wanted to leave a legacy that the city would be proud of at this location (a prominent spot between the convention center and 16th St. Mall). At one point there was a 1,000 ft+ observation tower involved in the project so to be marketing this is a bit of a letdown.

19. Default Re: Denver

Welcome! I think you will find half a dozen or so of us in Denver that still keep up with OKC. Even living here, i had not heard of some of the projects on the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverPoke View Post
    Agreed, it would be a great fit for OKC's Stage Center... or pretty much anywhere in Denver for that matter. The developer is very well regarded here in Denver and he made it be known that he wanted to leave a legacy that the city would be proud of at this location (a prominent spot between the convention center and 16th St. Mall). At one point there was a 1,000 ft+ observation tower involved in the project so to be marketing this is a bit of a letdown.
    Are you talking about Shames and Evan Makovsky? They were the ones with the grand ideas for this site. They sold that property to a different developer who is proposing this latest iteration. I actually prefer this to the tacky observation tower.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Are you talking about Shames and Evan Makovsky? They were the ones with the grand ideas for this site. They sold that property to a different developer who is proposing this latest iteration. I actually prefer this to the tacky observation tower.
    Yes, I was referring to Makovsky. I wasn't aware they sold that property off, very interesting.

I wasn't a big fan of the observation tower either, but I was hoping they would pull off something unique. Oh well, even as proposed it will be great to remove that eyesore of a parking lot.

A few new projects in the pipeline:

142-unit apartment building in Union Station by Greystar:

175-unit apartment building in Capitol Hill by SmithJones:

359-unit building by Trammell Crow in Arapahoe Square:

Mixed-use development at 16th/Market with 195 residential units, 90,000 sq/ft office space and 90,000 sq/ft retail:

Updated story and rendering for Market Street Station above:

Market Street Station sold for micro apartments, office, retail - The Denver Post

Update on Downtown Housing projects since 2010 (via DenverInfill):

They quit tracking the smaller projects so there are several hundred more units also under construction/planned.

Downtown Denver Residential Projects: December 2015 Update « DenverInfill Blog

^

Thanks for that.

Denver has about 15,000 units completed, under construction or proposed.

OKC has about 5,200.

Considering the Denver MSA is only about double our size, it goes to show that we should be able to support much more in the way of downtown housing.

Thread Information