Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: OKC Boulevard

Default Re: Crosstown BLVD.(Construction Updates)

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Dallas is served by an interstate and last time I checked, Dallas is doing just fine; it is also growing faster than San Fran.
    Nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    How is I-40 not connected to downtown OKC? There are plenty of exits off I-40 that lead directly to downtown. So incredibly stupid.

Downtown San Francisco isn't directly serviced by ANY interstate. Last I checked, SF was doing just fine.
    San Francisco is actually served by two major interstates/highways: 280 and 101.

are you directing that at me? What I said is true.

Elon Musk had a great idea of how to solve traffic congestion. Tunnels. 99% of all roadway travel is ground level or slightly above grade, but if we had tunnels under all of our highways that would be great. I think if they tunneled the BLVD underground instead of street level it'd be a win win for everyone.

This is also super bad ass! I really wish they would do this.

Russia Proposes Superhighway Linking New York And London

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    San Francisco is actually served by two major interstates/highways: 280 and 101.
    Yeah - technically my post was factually incorrect. I was hoping to find a statistic supporting me but I can't!

What I meant was that SF lacks the arterial thoroughfares ODOT is and pulplan are so in love with - and seems to be doing just fine.

Maybe at the end of I-235's life cycle it'll go the way of the embarcadero freeway - how awesome would that be?

It's hard to do, but that would be an even bigger waste of tax dollars than ODOT's folly.

San Fran is doing just fine. No one is arguing that. So are cities that have large roads and highways going through their cores. I don't see the correlation.

It's hard to do, but that would be an even bigger waste of tax dollars than ODOT's folly.

I disagree.

San Fran is doing just fine. No one is arguing that. So are cities that have large roads and highways going through their cores. I don't see the correlation.
    Of course you don't. What you'll never realize is that those large roads and highways going through our cities is exactly what led to the demise of our cities, resulting in our reliance on cars, gas, and suburbia. It wasn't sustainable then, and it's not sustainable now. But you'll believe what you want to believe - so it doesn't matter.

I guess I just believe their can be both great cities that embrace walkability and then cities that embrace cars as the method of transportation.

11. Default Re: Crosstown BLVD.(Construction Updates)

I was hoping it was going to be a tunnel under the Atlantic.

Thought someone had something new on the crosstown ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Thought someone had something new on the crosstown ?
    Has anyone noticed the exit (148B) onto the crosstown boulevard as you travel I-40 east beyond the I-44 (between May & Agnew) toward downtown; it now says, exit (Large green/white sign) Oklahoma City Boulevard

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Has anyone noticed the exit (148B) onto the crosstown boulevard as you travel I-40 east beyond the I-44 (between May & Agnew) toward downtown; it now says, exit (Large green/white sign) Oklahoma City Boulevard
    I actually meant to post this yesterday. I saw them changing the sign last weekend (or earlier this week maybe). I guess this is the official name now?

I really wish they would have come up with something more creative than "Oklahoma City" boulevard. Oklahoma City is already on the Oklahoma river in Oklahoma county. I have heard the official name for the Core 2 Shore Park will be Oklahoma City Park as well. Why isn't there more creativity when it comes to naming things around here?

I wonder if they are leaving it generic to make it easier to rename for the city leaders at a later date? I'm sure the mayor wants his name on something fairly prominent after he leaves. Either that or the leaders are so bland they can't come up with any name other than looking down at their feet to see where they are standing.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    I really wish they would have come up with something more creative than "Oklahoma City" boulevard. Oklahoma City is already on the Oklahoma river in Oklahoma county. I have heard the official name for the Core 2 Shore Park will be Oklahoma City Park as well. Why isn't there more creativity when it comes to naming things around here?
    Totally Agree. That name is generic with no creativity or splash worthy of the gateway to downtown. Were are the all the forward thinkers in Oklahoma City government. I think this warrants citizen action

Quote Originally Posted by dcsooner View Post
    Totally Agree. That name is generic with no creativity or splash worthy of the gateway to downtown. Were are the all the forward thinkers in Oklahoma City government. I think this warrants citizen action
    Quite appropriate IMO - the thing is going to be (already is) a waste of money and an eyesore. Why give it a nice name?

Quite appropriate IMO - the thing is going to be (already is) a waste of money and an eyesore. Why give it a nice name?
    This. The eye-roll name fits exactly what the Boulevard will be.

Blog Entries

If history repeats itself; the name game can generate revenue for the city. The Ford Center was called Oklahoma City Arena before the rights were sold to Chesapeake. Bricktown Ballpark was named Southwestern Bell; then AT&T and now Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark. Someone will want that crosstown boulevard name in their or someone's honor.

There are so many names that could be used, but alas, the lack of creative thought that went into the name reflects the lack of creative thought that went into the road.

If it was to be a real street, and not a traffic sewer, I like Avenue of The West.

I don't undersand why city leaders think that everything needs to be named Oklahoma City this or Oklahoma that. We get it. It's Oklahoma City. Don't beat us over the head with it.

They are over branding as far as I'm concerned. It easily could have been something better...

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    They are over branding as far as I'm concerned. It easily could have been something better...
    What's most sad is that someone actually thinks they are being clever,

25. Default Re: Crosstown BLVD.(Construction Updates)

What like Mick Cornett Blvd?

Thread Information