Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
My point remains valid. Say whatever you want but you people are incapable of sticking to topic.

Same sh!t different thread. Bunch of f;cking idiots who never miss a chance to bash anything that isn't urban.
Well we all know I'm full of opinions here...but come on. There is no need to bring out that kind of language for a thread about a road. That kind of stuff gets you banned.

But even if this was created for construction updates, this is a forum where things are discussed and whether you like it or not, when an update is posted, people are going to post their opinions about it. The road is getting built whether anyone here likes it or lumps it...so we can build a bridge (pun....) and get over that one. But that does not mean that we wont have comments about construction.

I've complained about the poor planning on downtown access from day 1 of the new I-40 and it royally sucks. Western and Broadway are clogged like crazy and good luck getting out of downtown after a Thunder game now. Egress is 100 times worse than it was before. I'm hoping the Blvd helps to get rid of that problem. And until we have a working full-coverage light rail, we're going to use our cars to get in/out of downtown. So we will be using things like the BLVD for 50 years guys.

Now that's out of the way, I do HATE a lot of what they did though. There's so much elevated road now, that it almost seemed stupid to tear down the old I-40 since we seriously are just putting most of it right back in. I THOUGHT the idea was to close off some of the stupid little roads and make a at-grade express lane into downtown, with MINIMAL crossings. That's the kind of thing we discuss and comment on Plutonic. You will never find a thread here where people simply post their pictures of construction....that's called Instagram.