Widgets Magazine
Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3484950515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1391

Thread: OKC Boulevard

Default Re: OKC Boulevard

Quote Originally Posted by Quicker View Post
    No, It’s all about $$$$$$$... it’s a highly visible, great location that they bought dirt cheap...there’s no reason that time would have anything to do with it...

The longer they hang onto it, the more it’s going to be worth
    Which won't mean anything outside of property tax increases unless they one day pull the trigger and sell.

At this point, it's not much difference as a driver to enter Bricktown directly from the Blvd vs taking a quick right on Shields and then another quick right. Not exactly difficult to get into Bricktown from the Blvd.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    How stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    How stupid.
    I'm from the guberment and I'm here to help you!

They were obligated to spend the money because of the previous screw up with Uhaul, so here's what you get.

Same thing with the re-working of the Bricktown Plaza to nowhere. They didn't get the necessary ROW but would lose the funds if not spent.

^^^the city didn't finish the canal plaza on time so they still didn't get all the funds and had to use GF money to finish

Quote Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
    ^^^the city didn't finish the canal plaza on time so they still didn't get all the funds and had to use GF money to finish
    Fantastic.

How much from the general fund?

Not sure. It was on the city council agenda a couple months back. Take my comment with a grain of salt... I can't remember all the details. It may have just been an ask for cash due to the project being more expensive. I don know however that the project went on way past the TIGER grant deadline.

I wish U-Haul would at least take of the metal siding and rejuvenate the original brick if they are going to stay in place

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    I wish U-Haul would at least take of the metal siding and rejuvenate the original brick if they are going to stay in place
    I was just going to post "Wow, that building is waaaaaaaaaaaaay uglier than I remember".

I remember a few years back they when they had a fire it exposed the original facing underneath the brick for a few days during repairs, and it looked nice. But then of course they put the siding back up.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    I was just going to post "Wow, that building is waaaaaaaaaaaaay uglier than I remember".
    They could at least fix their signage on the south side.

I think the landscaping on the western end of the Blvd. looks good. The grass was dead of course, so I bet it will look great in the spring.

Pete, what is going in the holes in the second picture you posted? I've been meaning to ask, as I've driven down the western portion of the boulevard a few times and was wondering what was up with that. I'm assuming some sort of landscaping once the weather turns warmer?

Blog Entries

would it not be trees like other P180 style streetscapes?

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Pete, what is going in the holes in the second picture you posted? I've been meaning to ask, as I've driven down the western portion of the boulevard a few times and was wondering what was up with that. I'm assuming some sort of landscaping once the weather turns warmer?
    Yes, trees.

SMH how hard was it for drivers to go around the building and how many accidents were ever reported there?

They closed Oklahoma Avenue this week and started moving over the signals to the new intersection

22. Default Re: OKC Boulevard

Traffic light at Klein is active as of Friday the 13th.

^

That's good news.

Also, Klein is no longer one-way which means you can not only easily get to the Farmers Market area, you can also get back on the boulevard from there.

Here are some photos of the boulevard at Klein, showing the new light and intersection.

Previously Klein was one-way (south only) leading into Farmers Market, but now it is 2-way providing great ingress and egress.

The boulevard opened last August and this intersection has been the scene of several wrecks before they finally got this done.

A pedestrian bridge over the boulevard would be better and they need to develop that land along Klein and the boulevard.

Thread Information