Widgets Magazine
Page 40 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1391

Thread: OKC Boulevard

Default Re: OKC Boulevard

So how am I getting in and out of the Mcdonalds on the west side?

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Looks like you an get in and out of McDonalds from Western, Classen, or Sheridan.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
    Looks like you an get in and out of McDonalds from Western, Classen, or Sheridan.
    I should of said how do it get to it from the Boulevard. Looks like it goes over Western and Classsen. Also what is going to happen with the exit that is there now. Meaning like where you have to get off coming in from the west.

I should of said how do it get to it from the Boulevard. Looks like it goes over Western and Classsen. Also what is going to happen with the exit that is there now. Meaning like where you have to get off coming in from the west.
    Right on Klein, left on Reno, left on Western/Classen. My guess is the city will convert Sheridan to 2 way in the future, so you’ll be able to go left on Klein and right on Sheridan.

Please keep me updated on this. My anxiety won’t die down until I know how this can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Please keep me updated on this. My anxiety won’t die down until I know how this can be done.
    The only acceptable solution is an exit off of the overpass directly into the drive-thru lane.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    The only acceptable solution is an exit off of the overpass directly into the drive-thru lane.
    Good call. Another concept could be a park and ride and let’s not leave our hyper loop tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Good call. Another concept could be a park and ride and let’s not leave our hyper loop tech.
    Woah woah woah, what about raising the McDonald's above grade so people don't even have to leave the Blvd

Reno is the E/W street in both photos.

No new sections are open quite yet; the vehicles you see are construction. But everything to the east of the bridge is pretty much complete.

The only real work left is the overpass and Reno between Western and where it intersects with the boulevard. For some reason, they are taking forever on that part of the work.

Reno should have had an overpass or Western should be at grade. It doesn’t make sense to construct a road like this having on intersection at grade and another grade separated that are so close to each other.

Maybe OKC should remove a lane from this road and convert it to a bus lane that is part of BRT to western suburbs.

I can't figure out that traffic island in the middle of the intersection. I'm assuming there will be no left turns allowed from Reno to the Blvd in either direction (like NW63rd at NW Expressway). If so, are they planning on putting traffic signals on it?

This shot shows the unfinished section of Reno.

For months, if you exit I-40 on Western and head north, you have to take a detour then drive across a big section of gravel. I have no idea why this taking so bloody long but I almost never see anyone working on this section.

Also, still can't figure out if Exchange (diagonal heading SW near the center left) will still be connected to the Reno/Western interchange. It's an important gateway to the Stockyards.

I wonder what this intersection will be like during icy conditions...

Do they plan to plant trees in the median from the overpass eastward towards the park? I also can't figure out why they didn't find a way to add at least a small median on the park-block of the boulevard for some enhanced landscaping and trees....seems like that would be one of the places where you would want to have the highest level of landscaping in the right-of-way.

All of these awkward diagonal intersections completed is really showing how absurd this whole thing is.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    All of these awkward diagonal intersections completed is really showing how absurd this whole thing is.
    Especially since Reno is being completely redone and the other directly adjacent e/w streets are nowhere near capacity.

I wonder what the value of the lots that [would have been created] with restoration to the grid, will be worth in the next 10-20 years. It would be interesting to see value increases of the adjacent properties. The transition area between Film Row and the Farmers Market area is destined for future development, and the boulevard is taking up an insane amount of valuable land to accomplish that.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    This. The whole damn thing is a gigantic waste when Reno could have been the boulevard from Yukon to MWC.

These pictures really make me cringe.

I hope it accomplishes whatever the goal is supposed to be.

I cringe every time I drive south on Walker or Western Avenues. This is the most ridiculous thing that just brings a fury out in me that I hate myself for later. I know it will be even worse when the thing actually opens.

Not only is it not needed and takes up a huge chunk of the space in the core, we can't even incorporate bike lanes.

Keep in mind, this wasn't just ODOT forcing this down the city's throat. There were/are several powerful employers downtown who advocated for this.

Im sure the "build more parking lots in downtown" crowd on this board love this. Elevated lanes that lead right up to your front row parking spot to the Thunder game.Bringing all of the amenities of Memorial road to Downtown.

Looks like they have pulled most of the dead pine trees out on the west section. With about 90% of them dying...clearly wasn't the right choice to begin with or they got a shipment of unhealthy trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    This. The whole damn thing is a gigantic waste when Reno could have been the boulevard from Yukon to MWC.
    Never thought about that but it's so true.

I will reserve judgement til I see how it works with traffic and also the number of users. It will prob. be great on Thunder game nights.

Thread Information