Widgets Magazine
Page 43 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1391

Thread: OKC Boulevard

Default Re: OKC Boulevard

Talk about making a bad situation even worse.

if it really is only 4 mil more to make uhaul ok with the move then they should just suck it up and do this correctly

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    if it really is only 4 mil more to make uhaul ok with the move then they should just suck it up and do this correctly
    Agreed.

Visually, the public is more likely to be vocal about tearing up an existing intersection then if 4 million is spent. I guess it was the Federal government ultimately got the cost savings from building a shorter bridge on the west end and none of that can be applied to ROW from uhaul.

Yep.

Or just leave things as they are.

The city completely screwed up and shouldn't be spending more money without fixing this mess in a proper manner.

$1.4M to take a curve out of a drive? And to move an entire intersection very close to one that already exists? And to place the only ingress/egress for the Producer's Coop at the far west end? What is the point in all this?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Or just leave things as they are.

The city completely screwed up and shouldn't be spending more money without fixing this mess in a proper manner.

$1.4M to take a curve out of a drive? And to move an entire intersection very close to one that already exists? And to place the only ingress/egress for the Producer's Coop at the far west end? What is the point in all this?
    agree bricktown will be fine either way ... whatever happens with the coop site is fare more important

Hardly anyone uses this current intersection, there is no purpose to move it. People can turn left or right just fine and figure it out. In fact, I think hardly anyone uses the Boulevard at all right now. And this section has been "complete" for a long time.

Every time I open this thread I get more pissed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Hardly anyone uses this current intersection, there is no purpose to move it. People can turn left or right just fine and figure it out. In fact, I think hardly anyone uses the Boulevard at all right now. And this section has been "complete" for a long time.
    i drive from memorial down 235 all the way to norman each evening for norman, and i probably use this section of the boulevard more than others, as if there is any wreck or slow traffic on 35, i take this to hit shield and take it the whole way down. and i have never seen anyone even turn at this intersection... so i don't know why one is needed.

Its one of those cases of induced demand. Right now, no one uses it because it doesn't look like it leads anywhere. Can't see where Oklahoma avenue connects to Reno so no one thinks about using it. I guess we need traffic counts from the other paths leading to Reno to determine if this is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Its one of those cases of induced demand. Right now, no one uses it because it doesn't look like it leads anywhere. Can't see where Oklahoma avenue connects to Reno so no one thinks about using it. I guess we need traffic counts from the other paths leading to Reno to determine if this is the case.
    Induced demand... because cars will magically appear from nowhere so they can use new lanes to sit in traffic because we all know that’s what people love doing.

Maybe there's still time to name this thing Westbrook Blvd...

Or, maybe Zero St.

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post

Or, maybe Zero St.
    Cudaben St.

(Could have been)

17. Default Re: OKC Boulevard

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Cudaben St.

(Could have been)
    Channeling Culture Club:
    "Ooh, in time it Cudaben so much more!"

The landscaping on the western portion of the Boulevard is atrocious. Nearly 25% of the smaller trees/shrubs planted earlier this year are dead or dying. I wasn't expecting the chestnut trees on the Champs-Élysées, but this is just pitiful.

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post

Or, maybe Zero St.
    Boondoggle Blvd perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    Boondoggle Blvd perhaps?
    More like, OOP's, we messed up again Blvd.

I like Zero St, great idea betts

"The Devon Energy Oklahoma City Blvd Presented by Sonic - America's Drive In."

This is really shaping up to be world class isn't it?

It's like they just kicked out the support columns of the old I-40 and it just collapsed on the ground.

Thread Information