Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: OKC Dodgers

Default Re: OKC Dodgers

Quote Originally Posted by borchard View Post
    Can anyone comment on how accurate the attendance numbers are? Almost 11k sounds great, but then I see that the upper deck on the south side is still tarped off with ads? How many people does that side of the upper deck hold?
    The wikipedia entry for the ballpark says the capacity is down two 9,000 (from the original 13,066), though that might not have the numbers for the latest expansion, the suites may not be included in that number either.

They are also having a ton of people sit in the grassy parts in the outfield. I don't mean 2,000 people or anything, but a very good number. It has definitely been packed for almost every game I've seen. Very reminiscent of original Redhawk games.

Could someone please enlighten me as to why there is never any OKC Dodgers highlights showcased on our local television news?

deleted

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Could someone please enlighten me as to why there is never any OKC Dodgers highlights showcased on our local television news?

Depends on which local sports television news you watch - 4, 5, 9, 25...

I've seen mentions of the team before, not a ton of highlights, but some.

one thing the dodgers need to do is start a resell ticket exchange market. On Fridays and Saturdays its usually sold out but then you go to the game there are tons of empty seats in the best seats. The dodgers need to notify season ticket holders that they can sell their tickets to people when they don't want to go.

Does anyone know why tickets for the left field upper deck are never on sale to the public for individual game tickets? At first I thought it could be reserved for group sales but I've been with employee groups a few times and we're always on the lower deck left field side. There are always people seated on the left field upper deck, so who is buying those tickets?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OKCretro View Post
    one thing the dodgers need to do is start a resell ticket exchange market. On Fridays and Saturdays its usually sold out but then you go to the game there are tons of empty seats in the best seats. The dodgers need to notify season ticket holders that they can sell their tickets to people when they don't want to go.
    Season ticket holders know that.

Why would they be concerned about the no shows--they have their money. The Dodgers want to sell as many seats as possible; therefore, why would they want to set up an exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Season ticket holders know that.

Why would they be concerned about the no shows--they have their money. The Dodgers want to sell as many seats as possible; therefore, why would they want to set up an exchange.
    For the same reason that the thunder have one...

They can get 2 sells for the same ticket as well as the second sell for being more than face value, not to mention the fees the team would take off the top from the buyer and the seller

You can't sell merchandise, food and beverages to an absent ticket holder.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OKCretro View Post
    For the same reason that the thunder have one...

They can get 2 sells for the same ticket as well as the second sell for being more than face value, not to mention the fees the team would take off the top from the buyer and the seller
    The difference: Thunder sells out @18,203 which is 100% of their seats available (capacity); whereas, the Dodgers are averaging about 6,250 which is about 70% of their listed 9,000-seat capacity.

Probably because the AAA PCL OKC Dodgers are not in the same demand as the Major League NBA OKC Thunder. Hence, there is not a big enough percentage markup to pay the wage personnel time it would justify the Dodgers ticket staff vs. the Thunder who have fixed salaried personnel (to manage an exchange).

The Thunder's average ticket price $55.10
    The Dodgers' average ticket price $14.00

Also, a lot of us have partial packages. If I miss a game, I can trade those tickets later for another game. For example, I am going to the double header Sunday even though it isn't in my package because I missed several games while out of town. Thus, no incentive to sell as they can still be used. Also, can use old unused tickets to add tickets on nights I have tickets if I want to invite friends. The Barons did the same thing.

LA sent their problem child to OKC, lol

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/y...s-again-080916

Quote Originally Posted by blangtang View Post
    LA sent their problem child to OKC, lol

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/y...s-again-080916
    Nice night at the Brick Monday. No Puig WTF?

Might just be me, but I absolutely HATE those tarps plastered all over the second deck. I know it may be a minor league park, but thanks to the seating capacity and the upper deck, it just felt major league. But man, it's lost so much charm when Mandalay covered those sections, turning perhaps the best AAA park into a very AA feel. The initial reasoning was they wanted to be able to be in every section where fans are sitting and to be able to make sure every area of the park is clean - please. I get the advertising dollars they manufacture from it, but I really wish the Dodgers ownership would reverse course and try something new. Wishful thinking.

Blog Entries

They couldn't remove them if they wanted to now, at least not all of them, without an investment in new seats. They've been scavenging from the upper deck to replace bench seating and broken seats.

Blog Entries

Bricktown3 Re: OKC Dodgers

The City needs to address this problem before it gets worse by replacing stadium seats; restore The Brick to its original luster with a much needed renovation of this 20 year old facility which opened in 1998.

Third-base entrance to Bricktown Ballpark, Aug-2000.

The grandstand, from the left-field foul pole.

Looking out at more brick, this time the outfield concession stand that also serves as the batter’s eye.

Source: http://www.charliesballparks.com/st/...-Bricktown.htm

Oklahoma City voters approved a temporary one-cent sales tax increase in December 1993 to fund $34 million to build the 13,066-seat Bricktown Ballpark thru the Metropolitan Area Projects Plan (MAPS). The ballpark opened on April 16, 1998 with the RedHawks falling to the Edmonton Trappers 6-3 in front of a sellout crowd of 14,066 fans.

Clayton Kershaw is coming off the DL and will begin his rehab with OKC. Starting Saturday night in Omaha.

Quote Originally Posted by ditm4567 View Post
    Clayton Kershaw is coming off the DL and will begin his rehab with OKC. Starting Saturday night in Omaha.
    Also ending after 4 innings sat in Omaha. Then back to la

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Also ending after 4 innings sat in Omaha. Then back to la
    And the pessimism on this website lives on !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ditm4567 View Post
    And the pessimism on this website lives on !!!!!
    Not pessimism. He is scheduled to start for the la Dodgers next week. Just didn’t want anyone to think he was coming okc

Where are you seeing that he is scheduled to start for L.A. next week? I've seen three different articles and none of them mention that, only that he could return to the team if it goes well. ESPN doesn't have him scheduled to start either.

Dave Roberts own words. And about a dozen dodger reporters I follow (I am a life long Dodgers fan). Either or will go well (which for kershaw means no injury) and he will start for la next week. Or it won’t and he will go back on the DL

The Dodgers open the playoffs at the Brick tonight against Memphis after winning four games Sunday-Monday in Colorado Springs to win the Division!

Thread Information