Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: OKC Dodgers

Default Re: OKC Dodgers

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    996 for what 70 games. Doesn't sound very high
    It's high for minor league baseball in Oklahoma City. It's the second highest in the league. Every other team but two have a middle tier season ticket package (some have multiple tiers). Don't get me wrong, I'm excited...just disappointed that they've chosen to go this route with the expensive tickets as opposed to fill the place up with less expensive packages. As borchard noted above, there's still a tarped off section. There's no reason not to have a middle tier of season ticket packages.

Edit to give you an idea...

Memphis has three tiers at $700, $850, $950

Austin (Round Rock) has suites at $1500, season tix for stadium seating is $630, and a Home Run Porch for $395.

Las Vegas has Dugout Seats for $936, Field level at $648, Plaza seating at $576, and a lower tier at $504

Salt Lake City has a $1300 top tier, but four other tiers from $576 - $792

Oklahoma City suites begin at $2,448, with field seating starting at $936 and that's it for season tickets.

Disclaimer: This is ALL based on the official website. If there are other packages (besides the 7-game), season ticket packages besides those I listed above - please let us know here at OKCTalk - and add it to the website! Could we be so lucky that it was simply an oversight?

Dang. Is there a reason for that? Less seats maybe? Do they anticapte a higher demand or testing the market?

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    It's high for minor league baseball in Oklahoma City. It's the second highest in the league. Every other team but two have a middle tier season ticket package (some have multiple tiers). Don't get me wrong, I'm excited...just disappointed that they've chosen to go this route with the expensive tickets as opposed to fill the place up with less expensive packages. As borchard noted above, there's still a tarped off section. There's no reason not to have a middle tier of season ticket packages.

Edit to give you an idea...

Memphis has three tiers at $700, $850, $950

Austin (Round Rock) has suites at $1500, season tix for stadium seating is $630, and a Home Run Porch for $395.

Las Vegas has Dugout Seats for $936, Field level at $648, Plaza seating at $576, and a lower tier at $504

Salt Lake City has a $1300 top tier, but four other tiers from $576 - $792

Oklahoma City suites begin at $2,448, with field seating starting at $936 and that's it for season tickets.

Disclaimer: This is ALL based on the official website. If there are other packages (besides the 7-game), season ticket packages besides those I listed above - please let us know here at OKCTalk - and add it to the website! Could we be so lucky that it was simply an oversight?
    This is one of the things that bothers me most about Oklahoma City, people want high end quality retail, housing and entertainment, but complain about the cost. Just don't buy a ticket, a meal or a suit. if it is out of your range

Blog Entries

The best for less...that's our motto.

The last couple of posts confuse me. I'm not wanting something for nothing, less quality, or anything like that. I thought I made a well reasoned couple of posts about season ticket packages and our lack of multiple price points. I even gave examples comparing other teams in the Pacific Coast League and their offerings. That shouldn't turn into "people in Oklahoma City don't want to pay for upscale.." or "best for less." It seems even the most innocent of posts turn to rancor and reaction rather than a thoughtful discussion.

It seems odd that they don't offer multiple prices based on seat location. Every season ticket seat in the house being the same price doesn't sound like good marketing to me. Are they are going to do that with single game tickets as well; pay to walk through the gate and sit anywhere you want?

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: OKC Dodgers

nm

Blog Entries

Not sure if there is interest here, but the former All-Stars are now called the Blue Crue and there will still be two mascots, though they have not yet been revealed even to the Blue Crue.

9. Default Re: OKC Dodgers

Is it possible that one will be Robo-Niner? Thanks in advance.

I really hope they bring back the bullpen car out of storage. I remember it in the 80's just parked by the entrance to "One sport stadium"

Quote Originally Posted by OKCretro View Post
    I really hope they bring back the bullpen car out of storage. I remember it in the 80's just parked by the entrance to "One sport stadium"
    I'm trying to remember...was that the big batters helmet car?

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    I'm trying to remember...was that the big batters helmet car?
    basically more or less it was like this but with a 89ers logo with the pillbox hat

The Rise and Fall of the Bullpen Car | Mental Floss

Have the Dodgers announced a radio affiliate? Is it still going to be 1340 The Game?

The stadium is full tonight, but that's to be expected on a home-opener. The iconic "Dodgers" brand looks awesome in and around Bricktown, and the attendees really seem to enjoy the gear. After giving up my season tickets to the RedHawks a few years ago, this is my first time seeing the Hilton from this perspective. The hotel, along with the Hampton, really complements the nice ambiance of the park. I just wish that something could be done on the surface parking at the Chevy Events Center. Speaking of Chevy, the company was giving away free Dodgers t-shirts to people who completed a form before the game. Some might not like signing away their personal info, but plenty didn't seem to mind. Anyway, the Dodgers are down 2-0 heading into the bottom of the 8th.
    ...this shortest straw has been pulled for you

15. Default Re: OKC Dodgers

It was a fun night. Although it got chilly quickly. Never seen concession lines that long ever in that stadium

Do they still have the upper deck curtained off with ads?

Blog Entries

Didn't get to attend the opener for Dodgers; however the reported attendance was 11,189 fans for their opener. They must be using more sections of the upper deck beyond the first base line toward right field.

Pacific Coast League Attendance | Pacific Coast League Stats

Simply for The Fun of It, here's a Blast From the Past, regarding the new, hometown, team that we are virtually embracing . . .
    The Chavez Ravine Story

Pretty sure I saw pictures and the upper deck was still covered in tarps. Wouldn't you rather have tarps that then actually create a concentration of fans instead of having everyone spread out? The stadium was built too large for its needs. 8,000-9,000 would have made a lot more sense than 13,000, right?

The tarps were present in the right field upper deck, and the home run deck in left field (just underneath the electronic advertising banner) was empty. It appeared to be under construction.

Whatever pictures there are floating around won't tell the whole story about attendance. The concourse area was packed all night, probably because of the cool temperatures. Last night was chilly. And aside from the loss, the other bummer was the lack of fireworks.
    ...this shortest straw has been pulled for you

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Pretty sure I saw pictures and the upper deck was still covered in tarps. Wouldn't you rather have tarps that then actually create a concentration of fans instead of having everyone spread out? The stadium was built too large for its needs. 8,000-9,000 would have made a lot more sense than 13,000, right?
    That would mean that there were a lot of 'no shows' at the stadium.

The tarps reduced the stadium seating size to 9,000; yet, the reported attendance was 11,189:

Something is rotten in Bricktown...
    Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Simply for The Fun of It, here's a Blast From the Past, regarding the new, hometown, team that we are virtually embracing . . .
    The Chavez Ravine Story
    Great find, RadicalModerate,

Just reinforces that ole saying:

Brooklyn felt jilted by the Dodgers when they relocated to Los Angeles. Oklahoma City felt the sting when the NFR packed up and moved to Las Vegas; does this bring home a familiar ring with the NBA Seattle Supersonics?

How was Thirsty Thursday? I saw somewhere it was turned from 1$ beers into $2.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    How was Thirsty Thursday? I saw somewhere it was turned from 1$ beers into $2.
    i didn't go, but yeah, the price has gone up. apparently so have the ounces:

Two-Dollar Thursdays
    Fans can enjoy soft drinks, bottled water and select 16-ounce beers for just $2!

Thread Information