Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Classen 16

Default Re: Classen 16

This project is so good that it makes me hope for better things for this entire intersection. Would be nice to see better pedestrian access across Classen. I wonder if Braum's or Classen Tire Shop would ever sell for the right price? And above all else, hoping that those God-awful renderings for the parcel south of Homeland never become reality.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    This project is so good that it makes me hope for better things for this entire intersection. Would be nice to see better pedestrian access across Classen. I wonder if Braum's or Classen Tire Shop would ever sell for the right price? And above all else, hoping that those God-awful renderings for the parcel south of Homeland never become reality.
    My understanding and someone please correct me if I am wrong is that Braum's owns the land behind (west) the current store. That makes me think that they will one day build a new store there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    My understanding and someone please correct me if I am wrong is that Braum's owns the land behind (west) the current store. That makes me think that they will one day build a new store there.
    Yes, Braum's owns it but that's been the case for quite a while so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

As much as I like to bag on Braum's, that location would honestly be perfect for them to build a "flagship" store if they ever wanted to put some effort into it.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    As much as I like to bag on Braum's, that location would honestly be perfect for them to build a "flagship" store if they ever wanted to put some effort into it.
    Extremely Ron Howard narrator voice: "They won't."

Upper floors finally starting to go up along Classen; will be 4 levels when complete (photo cred warreng88 ).

Blog Entries

finally!

8. Default Re: Classen 16

Yay! I had not spotted this yet. I am super excited to see this go up.

the light on this building in the evenings looks amazing. i'd love that material on a home if I build a modern one.

I'm hoping when this is all done it comes together for me, but I'm driving by and I'm not seeing what other people are. I'm definitely not the target audience here.

Blog Entries

When the windows are trimmed out it will look great. Love the lines and the metallic finish. Nice to see the diversity of construction material.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I'm hoping when this is all done it comes together for me, but I'm driving by and I'm not seeing what other people are. I'm definitely not the target audience here.
    Me neither. It looks like they chopped down a bunch of aluminum Christmas trees and built a row of houses.

So the structure on the corner with the steel for the bottom floor, I think it has two residential units on the top of it. And in the renderings and model, it shows an open ceiling patio that looks E/SE. My question is why, I feel like those should have just been open air decks, or a deck with roof and no walls. But making them walls with windows, but no roof? Very odd.

Attached model here:

I'm sure the walls are to get the structure more height and presence along Classen.

From the AHMM website:

https://www.ahmm.co.uk/newsitem.aspx...en-16-tops-out

08/01/2020
    Classen 16 tops out
    Classen 16 in Oklahoma has reached its highest point this week. The timber frame mixed use building in the Plaza district of Oklahoma City will provide 48 residential units of one and two bedrooms, with a 3,800 square foot retail space. Cladding has also begun on site with almost half the building covered in its distinctive aluminium shake, a playful nod to the locally-renowned seafood restaurant that once occupied the site, and to the utilitarian farm buildings common throughout the region.

Are they still planning for a brewery in the retail space?

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Are they still planning for a brewery in the retail space?
    No, all the commercial space is for lease.

I love how facing south on Classen from this project you can see Devon and the skyline through the trees. I’d love to see the view from that balcony

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2940.JPG 
Views:	143 
Size:	3.64 MB 
ID:	15762Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2941.JPG 
Views:	153 
Size:	4.09 MB 
ID:	15763
    Here ya go.

Thread Information